Sign in to follow this  
Mickyleitor

Ambient Occlusion and light rays of other objects seen through some of my model

Hi,

As the tittle says I'm stuck trying to find what its causing my model allowing the AO and Light rays of other objects pass though them... I've discarded the problem could be the .rvmat as I've copied another model into the same .P3D (an object which works well) and the object get the same problem so I'm wondering it's a config or .P3D related issue ... Some images can explain this better :D

69CC9E45115F96EE348789203ABCCD6D19F091A6

5EA216D3EABA2DBFB4D7217B55A8F8AC5CBC9A63

As you can see the Ambient Oclussion of the grass appear though the model...

And related to the light rays happens the same thing, note that the Pods (which are all of them proxies) don't allow the light rays to pass though..

1EE04CD97090A9DE2D97562BE1EA6478CAB13B80

Edited by Mickyleitor

Do you have a proper closed shadow LOD (Objectbuilder->structure->topology->find non closed)? Which named properties do you have in your resolution LOD, the shadow LOD and the geometry LOD?

whta X3KJ said. also, check if your textures are CA instead of CO (as in with alpha) for whatever reason

Hi! Thanks for answering,

Checked the topology and all well closed, the name properties are as heli sample model has.. The "lodnoshadow=1" in resolution and shadow LOD and "style=machinery,prefershadowvolume=1,buoyancy=1" in Geo LOD...

Also I've just checked the following:

Move the face which are having the issue to the Bottom and to the Top (Select the faces, Faces->Move Bottom) but no success

Removed the .rvmat of those faces by simply selecting those faces, pressing E and erasing the "material" box but no success. Also tested with the textures linking...

Regarding on the texture.. no, It hasn't alpha channel.

After some hours (in fact all the last day :mad: ) of research I've found a solution... After changing and deleting some parts of the helicopter I've discovered if I have the 4 blades then the issue will appear BUT if I leave only 3 blades OR if I remove the link to the texture of those blades by face properties then the issue disappear!!?? :confused: :confused: The 4 blades share the same _ca.paa texture with alpha channel ... It's kind of having too much faces with alpha channel in the same .P3D, I really can't give other conclusion than that :confused:

So the solution has been easy, sending all blurred blades to a proxy and now it works fine (I did this in the past but I was having some troubles with the transparency like seeing through the blurred blades at the sea etc..)

Thanks all again for answering and I hope this helps others (well i really hope this doesn't happen to others :rolleyes:)

• Like 1

Thanks all again for answering and I hope this helps others (well i really hope this doesn't happen to others :rolleyes:)

Months and months of pain and toil - and finally, I discover this post! :D Yes, having the same issue - currently sending everything to Proxy-land and will try again :D

I am not sure about light rays (images not found), but for AO visible through model you can use same thing - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193081-transparent-texture-with-glass-capaa/?p=3072819

BTW using proxy can solve problem with AO too, but in general proxies are not a good way for a massive use.

For light rays and the sun, there can be some problems with view-geometry.

In the same idea I have a transparency problem with my model  : lightning from a vehicle behind can be seen through the model.

Any clue ?

I tried to eliminate .ca texture or to convert directlyfrom a _co textute yet

.r3f_vhl_lighting_bug.jpg

Ok Problem solved for me : it was a basic mistake in view geometry LOD where some volume were not closed or non convex.

So it is an answer still some time.