Αplion

HAFM EC-635 Helicopter

ec635RELv1_zpsogidada0.jpg

After long time of hard work, finally the release of the EC-635 helicopter is a fact. This addon it is not part of my HAFM mod, as Hellenic Army doesnt own this type of helis, and it will be considered as an individual addon. Also note that this addon is free of any other mod depentancies and tested only in vanila game (so before you will report any errors please ensure that you have tested like that).

This release includes three (3) variations :

- Support, equiped with a .50 cal MG into an HMP-400 pod and an M261 rocket launcher (12 DAR rockets) plus a working Laser Designator and FLIR.

- AT, equiped with a .50 cal MG into an HMP-400 pod and four (4) TOW missiles plus a working Laser Designator and FLIR.

- Unarmed, just FLIR for observation.

This helicopter can be found under NATO, Bundeswehr, CSAT and Civilian factions ingame and the hidden textures selection is enabled for anyone wish to retexture it (the textures PSDs are available for this cause).

The model is Slingload ready and compatible with AGM Fastrope (this will change when ACE3 have this function). Also as it includes the RotorLib properties, anyone can use the AFM (Advanced Flight Model). Lastly, the chopper has the FFV capability (Fire From Vehicles) with two (2) positions on side doors (doors must be opened prior the use of the FFV).

Special thanks for this addon are for my friend audiocustoms which made the custom sounds and the German textures for the Bundeswehr faction, plus for his exellent work on chopper FLIR - all credits goes to him.

Also many thanks to Dragonsyr and my gamming team for beta testing and ofcourse to BIS and community here.

You will find this addon as modfolder ready, properly signed (also a server key is included) with an extra .txt file with all classnames. Also note that the config is included in a seperate pbo, just to make easier any future update.

NOTE : I'm giving the permission to anyone wants to retexture it or even include it in other mods, so no need to ask me for that. Appropriate credits would be much appreciated if so.

Chopper Primary Download Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/nqxle3nxl3n0g1d/%40HAFM_EC635_v1.rar?dl=0

PSD Files Download Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcdctdbghkimvbg/EC635_PSDs.rar?dl=0

Armaholic Link : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28903

Discussion thread : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190522-HAFM-Eurocopter-EC-635

Edited by Aplion
  • Like 2

Congrats on the release :D

Edit: Just downloaded it and flew it, it's awesome! Love it! :D good job haha

Edited by Ricardo92

Hell yes, congratulations on the release !

Thank you for the release, very nice chopper ;)

Wow, I'm amazed :D

I hope someone would be nice enough to release textures for a police version of this, making it more of an EC135..Or I'll try myself but my Photoshopping skills are limited :/

Great job.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Nice man whats ADAC, never seen it before

Googles not being my friend and helper either :(

Looks Great! Wonder how it would look with a M621 20mm gun on the side :>

Woohooo for the release THANK YOU MAN big than you fog making my favourite helo :) gonna fly this one so much :)

Nice man whats ADAC, never seen it before

Googles not being my friend and helper either :(

It was once founded as a club for automobilists to provide assistance if your car breaks down on the road, i.e. you pay a yearly member fee and then are eligible to receive free servicing in case you need it. Today it's Germany's largest club, with some 18 million members. They've expanded their services to all kinds of stuff, not just repair services on the road, but also insurances, medical air transports back home from other countries (with small jets). In 1970 they were the first to provide emergency helicopter services, i.e. flying a doctor to the patient, and then bringing the patient to the hospital. That latter part is paid for by the health insurance, so you don't need to be in the club of course.

Roughly half the well over hundred "primary response" emergency helicopters in Germany are operated by the ADAC, the others are operated either by the DRF (private company that only does medical helicopter services / they are painted red/white) or the Federal Ministry of the Interior (painted in orange):

https://www.drf-luftrettung.de/sites/default/files/styles/news_image/public/flickr/16622843152.jpg?itok=9iEjt_55

http://www.rth.info/fdm/img/aspiranten/fdmInSpe.3495.jpg

The EC-135 is very popular for that role because it is handy and the closed tail rotor makes it very silent and safer, important for a chopper that often has to land in the smallest places between trees, traffic signs, houses and whatnot.

Additionally, there are also the SAR helicopters that also provide medical help if needed, but are usually not sent if someone called 112 because you tried to start your bbq with gasoline or have a heart attack. Those are often bigger helicopters used to winch up people from shipwrecks in rough seas or the like (some military helicopters like Sea King, UH-1 etc., some from the coast guard, some private ones). And then there are also intensive care transport helicopters that are used to bring patients from one hospital to another for special treatments, those are often also a tad bigger, like a AS365 Dauphin or the like.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Aplion , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hi,

great helicopter. three things i want to mention:

- flight handling of the unarmed version is tricky, i can fly better with armed versions maybe the roll over the x-axis to sensitiv in this case

- inventory, to much in storage (weapon, ammunition and grenates). only a pair of parachute would be enough

- the bundeswehr-faction is not found in zeus, only in editor

Hi,

great helicopter. three things i want to mention:

- flight handling of the unarmed version is tricky, i can fly better with armed versions maybe the roll over the x-axis to sensitiv in this case

- inventory, to much in storage (weapon, ammunition and grenates). only a pair of parachute would be enough

- the bundeswehr-faction is not found in zeus, only in editor

Thanks for feedback ... I'll fix these on next update.

Congrats Aplion, gonna spool it up in a bit ;)

Great job !!!

I loved the Helo and thank you for providing the PSD so well done and detailed.

Congratulations!

Great work!!!

Especially the german textures are nice. Only the flight model of the unarmed versions is too "easy". He rolls very fast, so it is impossible to fly precise maneuvers.

Very nice work, just like your previous job Aplion.

However, I really have problems to adapt the external view of your work, it is really different from the vanilla chopper :butbut:

Looks like the external view is to close comp)ared to vanilla ones.

Can you make it a bit more far?

Thanks!

Nice work Aplion, I especially like the "Altis Rescue" chopper!