Sign in to follow this  
dvdbrewster

ClipBoard

SomeBody please tell me where the clipboard files are that are saved to from the editor. I swear I cannot find any exported files. ( I get the sqms and pbos, ).

You mean Virtual Arsenal loadout? Nowhere, VA does not create any files, you need to paste exported text manually via [Ctrl] + [V].

I mean when u Export to clipboard in editor. The files should appear someplace in my documents.

I think you are confusing clipboard with "Save to". Exporting to clipboard should not create any files, the sole purpose of clipboard is to provide a convenient way to transfer text between applications without creating any additional files.

Anyway, what exactly do you trying to export? I can't seem find any "export to clipboard" options anywhere in editor.

Edited by Semiconductor

I just got ace 3. The instructions are to launch arma 3 , start single player editor, place, ACE 3 allow settings export. then Preview mission, open ace 3 menu in game, adjust settings for ace, and adjust values for ACE features. Then in same dialogue. "export". Then a message says (settings copied to clipboard. So all good so far. you are supposed to include the exported file in user cfg for AE 3 server pbo That u get with the ACE 3 download.) Then I look for the file I just exported so I can copy it ot the sever user cfg file I got as well with the download, And I cant find it.

Theres other in game keybinds for saving version to clipboard in game.. I don't find those either.. also Mcc 4 has a clipboard in game...But u can only save sqm from there, if the mcc hub is open and working u can get the sqm, sometimes a cur_.pbo

Edited by dvdbrewster
I remember

Go in game coppy to clipboard stuff you need,than ALT +TAB out of the game open notepat and pres CTRL + V in notepad and there u go :) save that notepad wherever you want

Go in game coppy to clipboard stuff you need,than ALT +TAB out of the game open notepat and pres CTRL + V in notepad and there u go :) save that notepad wherever you want

Yep this is what copy to clipboard mostly means.

so most cfg files are usually sqf or .hpp this is save as a .txt it will RUN ?

For the sake of completeness:

There is also a file called clipboard.txt in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Arma 3

(precisely: The file is only there when something actually was copied to clipboard.)

In some situations much data is copied into the clipboard in quick succession - e.g. while making a camera script. In this example the last saved camera position of course is in the clipboard, ready to be pasted with Ctrl+V, but in the clipboard.txt all previous saved camera positions also are still contained, so you don't need to exit the game to paste every single one...

It's kind of like the RPT dump, if you want (which is in the same folder btw.).

Edited by Undeceived