Sign in to follow this  
Variable.A

Buldozer Cannot open object a3/data_f/tetrahedron.p3d

Hi since yesterday update i got error running Buldozer through my Terrain Builder. The message is:

Cannot open object

a3/data_f/tetrahedron.p3d

I have not changed anything in my project since yesterday so it leads me to suspect update is responsible. Any ideas how to solve this ?

hi,

check 1 : did you do the arma3tools update ?

check 2 : did you verify your game files via steam ? ( propreties /localfiles/ verify integrity)

check 3 : in P:/ do you still have a buldozer.cfg ?. in P:/bin do you still have a config.bin and config.cpp ?

i can see that in my a3/data_f/

it's tetraHedron.p3d and not tetrahedron.p3d, i don't know if it makes a difference....

anyway....What i do after each new update is :

Copy my projets in P:/ to another location.

Uninstall arma3tools.

Clean registry wtih CCleaner.

Go to registry and clean every arma3tools it remains

install again arma3tools.

Decompress again P:/A3 with arma3P.

otherwise i always have errors with this tools...

Hi there,

another solution that not causes you to delete and reinstall the whole thing is as follows.

if you got this "core\tetrahedron\tetrahedron.p3d not found" error and it doesn't let you start your buldozer.

than please have a look at your Terrain Builder log files.

if you find "Creating road network..." written as the last line before the connection close part with the error kicks in. than you should do the following.

- navigate to your editor.sqs you'd created to get roads in your buldozer -> P:\scripts\editor.sqs

- open it up and you probably find the following  "~0.1"

- alter this to ~0.5 or any other higher value.

the script file only starts way to soon in the progress and leads the buldozer into this error it cannot handle.

add:

the only drawback is that roads don't show up after changing, for me at least.

When I see that "missing tetrahedron" error I press Arrow Up, press enter, and get on with my terrrain modeling... 

hi six,

jup know about that too. but didn't work for me. as soon as I press any key or button my buldozer crashes without any further response.

that's why I had to find out another way to get around that.

but made 1 mistake yesterday when I posted this. I used a corrupted roads.shp. thats why the roads didn't show up.

got rid of it now and did some tests and the outcome is that the roads appear as they should!

so you can cut my "add" point;-)

• Like 1