Sign in to follow this  
terex

Constantly crashing since the update

Game was working fine before this update and now I can't play at all. I connect to a server and within a few mins or 5mins, 20 mins my game hard locks up and I have to restart my computer. Another problem is is that it just loads to a black screen and does nothing.

Just reinstalled it, updated drivers and going to test it out in a bit.

Same situation and received reports of others having similar issues, i rolled back my graphic drivers and even checked the integrity of the game files on steam and it still crashed, was working fine pre arma patch.

Same situation all good never crashed, updated and crashing to desktop and have to c/a/del, happens on multi player king of the hill servers although i have played a full game without crashing, haven't tested any other servers

i7 3770

gtx 780 ti ,353.06

ssd 250

8 gb

1440p

64 bit win 7

Edited by Polecat.uk

Same situation all good never crashed, updated and crashing to desktop and have to c/a/del, happens on multi player king of the hill servers although i have played a full game without crashing, haven't tested any other servers

Same, only happening on koth servers. I reinstalled and updated my drivers and still crash.

same here, happens on KoTH servers. I'll try to attach the log to this message.

Edited by TacticalSloth

+1 Had very unusual random crash

Fault time: 2015/06/08 22:50:50
Fault address:  012A1C63 01:00A60C63 D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
file:     __cur_mp (__CUR_MP)
world:    Takistan
Prev. code bytes: C6 5E 5D 5B 83 C4 0C C2 04 00 CC CC CC 53 8B D9
Fault code bytes: 83 7B 08 00 7F 09 B8 54 E0 E9 01 5B C2 04 00 56

Registers:
EAX:A5908080 EBX:00000138
ECX:00000138 EDX:00000000
ESI:7F4A4B80 EDI:94108144
CS:EIP:0023:012A1C63
SS:ESP:002B:02A7F3D0  EBP:02A7F7E8
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010202
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\serjames\AppData\Local\Arma 3\arma3_2015-06-08_21-36-56.mdmp

Hi everybody,

i post here because i have the same problem. It is not possible for me to play to Arma 3 (Westland) after this update. Before i had no problem. But now, my game has random crashes after 5/10/15 minutes. My sreen is block with no error. I must kill the Arma3 process.

I didn't have this problem in Poney(helicopter) during one hour.

I put my video driver up to date, no change.

I deleted all my addons(5), no change.

I verify my Arma 3 local files with steam, no change.

My friend has the same problem.

LordLovat

Hi everybody,

i post here because i have the same problem. It is not possible for me to play to Arma 3 (Westland) after this update. Before i had no problem. But now, my game has random crashes after 5/10/15 minutes. My sreen is block with no error. I must kill the Arma3 process.

I didn't have this problem in Poney(helicopter) during one hour.

I put my video driver up to date, no change.

I deleted all my addons(5), no change.

I verify my Arma 3 local files with steam, no change.

My friend has the same problem.

LordLovat

Same problem for me.

Random crash at same time while playing with my friends on the same server.

Pc reboot was necessary.

Help

Help

Same here, after last patch. Game is unplayable. Can only play in short periodes of time. Crashes all the time when on King of the Hill servers.

Validated game , still crashing. I removed all startup parameters too. Still crashing. Screen goes black and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and shut down the game exe.

Had some issues after last patch too: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187697-Arma-3-%28STABLE%29-1-44-130654-stress-test-MP-%28MultiPlayer%29&p=2934255#post2934255

....but nothings as bad as the crashes I'm having now.

Basic specs:

MSI GeForce GTX 660 Gaming 2GB PhysX

Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz 8GB

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

AMD FX-8320 Black Edition

Latest updated Nvidia drivers and Windows 7 SP1 64 bit

Software running while in game:

Symantec Endpoint, Process Lasso, Msi Afterburner

Edited by s3xmachinegun

In the same boat. Black screen lock-up. The problem is the report file doesn't show the offending command. wtf?

Game was working fine before this update and now I can't play at all. I connect to a server and within a few mins or 5mins, 20 mins my game hard locks up and I have to restart my computer. Another problem is is that it just loads to a black screen and does nothing.

Just reinstalled it, updated drivers and going to test it out in a bit.

I'm getting the exact same issue. No error message or anything, just a hard freeze that requires me to physically press the reset switch on my case. I've never had any issues with the game until today. At first I thought I was having some sort of hardware failure then I read online where everyone else is also crashing. This patch has pretty much broken the game for me, I cannot play more than 5 minutes without a hard lockup.

if you get in-game crashes then please visit A3 Feedback Tracker and create ticket about it

remember to attach .mdmp, .bidmp, .rpt file from moment of the crash (in archive)

if you get in-game crashes then please visit A3 Feedback Tracker and create ticket about it

remember to attach .mdmp, .bidmp, .rpt file from moment of the crash (in archive)

Where do we go about finding those files to upload them?

BTW, now I'm just getting a freeze, then after a few seconds a black screen. I am able to alt+ctrl+del to bring up the task manager and have to manually close Arma 3. I'm not getting any crash message because I have to manually kill the Arma 3 process in the task manager. I talked to a friend of mine and he is having the exact same issue playing the King of the Hill mod. It is apparent this is a broken patch and needs to be rolled back until you can figure out what is causing everyone to crash. I'm just looking at the list of servers I usually play on and they are all at about half the number of players as usual due to all the crashing.

Same issue.

Drivers crash after a few minutes of play, something in Altis is crashing them. I was playing Takistan all night with no issue but switched to a Wasteland server and blam. The game itself isn't crashing and I'm forced to alt-f4 from a black screen and then restart my computer because the screen is messed up.

Can't and won't play ARMA until this is fixed. :(

The A3 Feedback tracker isn't sending me a confirmation email so I have been unable to create a ticket.

Where do we go about finding those files to upload them?
Local Disk/Users/**Your_User_Name**/AppData/Local/Arma 3/

Played on 3 servers last night didn't experience any crash's.

Could it be that the battleeye software causes the lockups?

I have the same issue, black screen while the game still running and no message, this happens after 10-15 minutes of gameplay in different KOTH servers. Only Killing arma 3 process unlock my pc. Never had similar crash since Arma 3 Alpha, i thought was my system wrong but asking other players they have same problem. This patch is broken for some people.

Played on 3 servers last night didn't experience any crash's.

I talked with a lot more people on Koth servers having the same issue with crashes, so not everyone is posting here or to the feedback tracker.

Gonna do some more testing now before sending reports to Dwarden and his team

Everyone posting here should include at least their specs like I did in my previous post. Easier to find possible problems. Are you all AMD CPU users?

@Dwarden: perhaps you guys should make a report tool, that find the correct files and send system specs and running software to you. Just an idea.

Update: Now even the launcher is crashing...

Edited by s3xmachinegun

I have just updated the game today and have managed to play around 10 mins one game and then 5 mins the next one.

Intel I5 processor, GTX 680

System:

Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1

RAM: 8GB

CPU: AMD FX8350 (maybe uve heard something about AMD CPUs, yes there are excist more as only Intel...)

GPU: Radeon 7870 DD

2x HDD 500GB

Latest Omega Driver from AMD

Would show the pic but nice Boardrules GG...

After changing login account and using a new account that did not have any Arma 3 config files active at, I got this error in addition:

D3D Error - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Also made a feedback tracker issue about it http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24378

Edited by s3xmachinegun