Sign in to follow this  
weaponsfree

2 Tasks created at same time, only 1 remains

I am having trouble with creating 2 tasks at the same time through modules. I have an initial task (T1) who's completion triggers the creation of two new tasks (T2 and T3). For the moment, I've linked the creation of T2 and T3 to two separate triggers (one has a 20 second delay) that are both activated by !alive driver1. However once !alive driver1 fires, only 1 of the two next tasks actually sticks. More precisely :

1. T1 Completes with !alive driver1
  2. T2 creation is triggered by !alive driver1. It appears correctly in task list
  3. 5 second's after !alive driver1, T2 is assigned.
  4. 20 second after !alive driver1, T3 is created.
  5. T3 replaces T2 in the task list and is assigned. T2 disappears.

I really don't know why T3 is replacing T2. They are both triggered by the same variable that becomes true with completion of T1 (!alive driver1), but I use separate triggers to have that 20 second delay for T3 to appear on screen. I've tried synchronizing the creation of T2 and T3 at the same time on the same trigger, but has same result. Anyone know a reason for a task to be replaced by a newer one?

FYI, I use almost no scripting (only modules (f7) and in game triggers (f3)), for the simple reason I suck at scripting.

Thanks in advance for any advice regarding this!

Could you double check if the taskId of your module is not empty and is unique for every task? I ran into this issue lately when I cleared the taskId field for all my tasks, which caused a similar issue to yours.

Could you double check if the taskId of your module is not empty and is unique for every task? I ran into this issue lately when I cleared the taskId field for all my tasks, which caused a similar issue to yours.

That was exactly it. Thanks Revendel, for taking the time to create an account and giving me the heads up.

Cheers