iz3d

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000009a) - BattleEye update issue?

EDIT: TO FIX THIS ISSUE -> close Steam, restart it and the Arma3 will get an update.

BattleEye just updated in the Arma3 launcher and now the game refuses to start (Win 8.1 64bit). Same thing with friends computer (Windows 7 64bit). Both of us have the game installed via Steam.

Anyone else having this and ideas for a fix? Already tried manually updating BattleEye files from http://www.battleye.com/downloads/ , didnt help

arma3.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000009a)

followed by:

Unusual process exit

Arma 3 has quit in unusual manner. Info:

Exit code: 0xC000009A / -1073741670

Reason: unknown

Edited by iz3d

You are not alone, got the same issue straight after BattlEye update.

Someone on the steamcommunity thread suggesting close Steam, restart to get a new update. Trying that now

Someone on the steamcommunity thread suggesting close Steam, restart to get a new update. Trying that now

Ok, it works after the new update. So to fix, just close Steam, restart it and the Arma3 will get an update.

I have it too, if you are using softwares like sweetfx or reshade, battleye block some of their files like dxgi.dll, so game won't start.

battleye support said they are white listing them, if you still have issue, just send files that battleye is blocking to battleye service email support, until that, try to disable battleye from arma 3 launcher, oh I forgot to say that you can see what file is blocked by battleye in same arma 3 launcher under battleye menu.

Same problem but not a single solution is working, I've tried them all. Weird thing is it only crash's when I'm playing Exile.