Sign in to follow this  
Macser

Macser's Star Wars addons

H4eAHOsd.jpg
Ok. As I may be offline for a while in the near future I'm going to upload this addon now.
It's being provided as is. But if anyone thinks they can make improvements please do.
No permission needed. Just have at it. 🙂

It has many flaws. I believe most of them can be gotten around though. And I'll continue
working at it. Scripting will be needed to combat certain issues. Unfortunately that's not
my strongest skill.

Anyway. You'll find it on the East side in the editor.

A small readme is included in the archive.

You can report bugs if you like. But there's likely none that you can come up with that I haven't already
seen. It's essentially still a work in progress.

http://faguss.paradoxstudio.uk/addon/mcsr/MCSR_ImpWlkr_V1_1.7z

https://ofp-faguss.com/addon/mcsr/MCSR_ImpWlkr_V1_1.7z

Links updated. With thanks to Faguss and Seth Barcello. 🙂

Changes made in Version 1.10:
A small fix to the weighting of the mesh.

Initially this thread was for the At-At. But as I have a few addons with the same theme I decided to keep them all in one place. Hence the name change courtesy of R0adKi11.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Silly me, this is an OFP release ....... :butbut:

Release not frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

Nice, but requires version 1.99? why?

I tried to change the config line "requiredVersion = 1.96;" - It works great.

Edited by =SappeR=

Downloaded, I'll try to have a go at it soon, right now the heat causes me to not stand up so very well.

Silly me, this is an OFP release ....... :butbut:

Foxhound you need an OFP Section ;)

Little floating thing when the Walker is destroyed (first lod probably).

T1kCtcDBsl6YF8qQ

I just tried them out and, by St. Pepsi, those are awesome on every level. They endure passing through water, too.

:)

Thanks for trying it out folks.

Silly me, this is an OFP release .......

I do have a simple normal map ready. And I'll be finishing the specular map soon.

So I might release it for A2 at some point. Of course, if someone gets there first, that

would be fine too. Thanks for the thought anyway. :)

Little floating thing when the Walker is destroyed (first lod probably).

Prof I know exactly what that is. Looks like I spoke too soon about bug testing. Thank you.

It's simply a piece that missed being weighted before export.

Nice, but requires version 1.99?

That's a throwback to experiments with SetPosAsl. I reverted to SetPos at some point.

I just never changed the requirement field.

They endure passing through water, too.

Hey Lenyoga. That's probably the experimental healing script working on it. I needed it to balance the durability against making units actually fire at it. Without the script units chew through the armour. But raising the armour level means they stop firing.

It's not invincible though. It should be possible to take one down with concentrated fire. Or by ramming it with an aircraft going full tilt.

Foxhound you need an OFP Section

:D These days it'd be a very small section indeed.

Links will be updated with new versions, on the first post.

I just never changed the requirement field.

Change it next version please. If possible.

And one more question. This model is new or taken from another source?

Hello Sapper. I didn't think there were too many people using 1.96 these days. But besides that, I may end up using some of the new commands. I'll make a decision at a later date. If I do I'll see about trying to make a 1.96 version. For now, it's a quick fix on the user's side. :)

Model, texture and animations are made by myself in Blender. A lot of the actual painting

was also done in Blender. The layer system has made it a viable way of working directly

on the mesh.

I'm curious. Does it look like someone else's work? :)

Edited by Maczer

I didn't think there were too many people using 1.96 these days.

Majority.

I'm curious. Does it look like someone else's work?

Someone (not me) had doubts and said that it looks like "Star Wars: Battlefront".

Edited by =SappeR=

Fair enough. Although everyone I know personally uses 1.99.

Someone (not me) had doubts and said that it looks like "Star Wars: Battlefront".

Well. I suppose that's a compliment in a way. It's definitely my own work though. And it wasn't very difficult

to construct. The painting took longer than the build.

The mlod is in the pbo. So it would be very easy to compare meshes if someone was interested. :)

As far as I know, this is the At-At from Battlefront II:

r0oueAEJ.jpg

I assume that's the one he/she meant.

I don't bother with ports. It's more of a challenge to take it from a simple plane or cube to

a complete mesh. And I find it more enjoyable too.

Edited by Maczer

Amazing stuff again !

It's not surprising people are thinking you just took a professionally-made model from another game, it's just unfortunate that those people haven't seen your other works and how insanely talented you are at modelling and painting texture, and at animating stuff .

I wish i had half your talent Mac :D

Thanks my friend. Much appreciated.

But don't sell yourself short. You've created a huge amount of quality work over the years, in comparison to me. :)

Great model and animation. Although the bleeding and pushing around is a little funny. :p

I think if it used tank class characteristics these issues would be gone, but then the animation might not be as impressive. But like you said, in the right environments, it's mighty impressive to behold.

that's walker is so great, this animation is just the most incredible for a walker i ever seen. I suppose your titan is done like this AT AT like a man class. Great great work !!

Hey spad. Thanks mate.

And yes. The Warhound uses the same class set up. :)

@Noob1

I know all about the limitations of the tank and man class.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191415-Proof-of-concept-Large-non-standard-characters

But despite that, I still prefer the man class for this particular unit.

The bleeding I can't deal with in a local config. The pushing by other man class units, or getting stopped

on objects may be possible to work around though.I just need something solid, script wise. :)

If someone else wants to have a go at making it a tank class, they're more than welcome.

The bleeding I can't deal with in a local config.

I actually don't think you can do anything about it. I also looked into this for my own reasons, and it seems it's hardcoded in the "soldier" simulation. Any unit that uses that simulation will inherit the blood particles on hit, among other features.

An easy way to disable bleeding is to simply disable the bleeding in the video options. This will apply to all units though, but we should also keep in mind that SW never really was a gory movie series and the same goes for games based on SW universe (for example in Dark Forces and Jedi Knight there was no blood). A more sophisticated method would be writing some script to obscure the bleeding on this particular unit but again, this would require very good knowledge of scripting.

True. Although the bleeding isn't really a concern for me. I don't really notice it when engaged in a scrap with one. Or I'd be too concerned with getting shot myself to spend time watching it. Switching off blood is an efficient way of dealing with it though. :)

The things I'd really like to see sorted would be the pushing around, and the blaster bolts. As you'll have noticed the rounds are always parallel to the ground. The scripting for that is a bit more complex I think.

Disregard. I accidentally posted in the wrong thread.

Right. I'll see about sorting that out as soon as I can. :smile_o:

• Like 1

First post has been updated. No additions. Just a refresh of the links.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2