ThreeDots

Arma 2 Vegetation reconfigured for A3

Great stuff!

Thanks for making and sharing.

/KC

Wow, that was fast AND AMAZING!!! FINALLY!!! You´re a God!!! Jesus Christ! I can´t sleep now ... have to ... download ... need to ... Test and ... feel the difference :D

Yes this kind of Mod needs to be on server and client, loaded after a3mp or aia to work properly

Can this replace files found in AiA TP or is it only meant to be run alongside it?

Hello Threedot, great work!

I am wondering if it is possible to use your mod to create further variants of the A2 trees, ie is all the sources avaliable? The license allows for modification since it is based on the A2 sample models, right?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to try to make some barren birch trees and possible other trees or bushes for my map, the season is early spring/late winter and it looks really monotone with just the one dead poplar tree from A3. I haven't tried something like this before but I guess it is possible by repainting the leaves texture with barren branches and corresponding alpha channel.

Anyways, stellar work!

New mod v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ThreeDots , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Can this replace files found in AiA TP or is it only meant to be run alongside it?

Surely you have this option, but keep in mind, that it could cause problems if you try to connect to servers, that require signed AiA. Thats why keeping it separate and load it after seems like safer option.

Hello Threedot, great work!

I am wondering if it is possible to use your mod to create further variants of the A2 trees, ie is all the sources avaliable? The license allows for modification since it is based on the A2 sample models, right?

The reason I am asking is that I would like to try to make some barren birch trees and possible other trees or bushes for my map, the season is early spring/late winter and it looks really monotone with just the one dead poplar tree from A3. I haven't tried something like this before but I guess it is possible by repainting the leaves texture with barren branches and corresponding alpha channel.

Anyways, stellar work!

I assume you are the same person who send me PM on youtube, I posted reply there, if not, then I will just copy paste it here ;)

New mod v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

https://withsix-usercontent-cdn.withsix.com/mod/0352d407-e928-4dc5-9ba1-b6687eadba64/logos/banner-420x120.png

Hey ThreeDots , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Thanks for the support! Really appreciate it

Oh this is great! If AI no longer can see easily through A2 trees and bushes this is a huge change!

• Like 1

I assume you are the same person who send me PM on youtube, I posted reply there, if not, then I will just copy paste it here ;)

Nope wasn't me, so do please post here :) Thanks!

So, I'm not sure if this a bug or not, but on a dedicated server when I'm running just the 4 pbos, they show up in the "loaded addons" section as normal. As shown here: http://pastebin.com/pDTdBV1t. However, If I use it with other mods (in this case with the RHS mods and the all in arma terrain pack), only CAPlants2 shows up in the "loaded addons" section, as shown here http://pastebin.com/dHmV1W3y. However, in both cases I can see all 4 of the vegetation pbos in the "list of mods section". Any idea why this is happening?

forgive me but the addon includes 3 folders. DO i run all of them? Also does this correct other maps like Clafghan, etc..? I know its strictly AIA maps but wondering if those are also updated based on original Arma content

thank for this amazing work a very good job , i ask if it's possible to add vegetation of isladuala and panthera(ask for permissions to icebreaker)

forgive me but the addon includes 3 folders. DO i run all of them? Also does this correct other maps like Clafghan, etc..? I know its strictly AIA maps but wondering if those are also updated based on original Arma content

Technically these are 4 separate addons. You run whatever you need or want to run. It affects any terrain that uses same folder structure like in original plants2, plants_e, plants_e2 and plants_pmc addons (that means ca/plantsxx/....). I don't know all the terrains, you need to figure this out by yourself ;)

thank for this amazing work a very good job , i ask if it's possible to add vegetation of isladuala and panthera(ask for permissions to icebreaker)

I would need the source, so the answer is no. They can sure do it by themselves if it's their own creation.

Trying this today with good old Al Fallujah in A3. Got this in rpt

21:37:00 Failed to load TextureHeaderManager from file "ca\plants2\tree\texheaders.bin" - invalid file structure.
21:37:00 Failed adding texture headers from file "ca\plants2\tree\texheaders.bin"

I don't know which plants this island used but I have this loaded in order : @allinarmaterrainpacklite;@fallujah;@CAPlants2;@CAPlants_E;@CAPlants_E2;@CAPlants_PMC

Can you help me figure out which plants this island uses? Just a pointer? I know how to unpack pbo but I dont know what to look? Entries in config for ca\plants2 or whatever?

I'm getting errors when loading maps that require A2 maps. Anyone knows if this affects anything?

First of all thx for the content.

I want to use this vegetation in TerrainBuilder/Arma 3. I put all the extracted files/folders into my P:\a3\ Drive where all the other objects of A3 are.

I can import them into my LibraryManager of Terrainbuilder and place the A2 Vegetation in 2D Editor but when i start bulldozer I can't see them in 3D.

Anything i missed? Thx.

wrong section......but

third party add ons don't go in a3 folder put them in the root of p drive