ThreeDots

Arma 2 Vegetation reconfigured for A3

Hi,

I've released an addon for fellow terrain makers, that fixes Arma 2 vegetation for use in Arma 3.

There were few problems that I couldn't let in my own terrain in terms of realism.

Changes made to original addons:

- Arma 3 penetration and material settings + improved to fit vegetation type

- Armor to trees

- Changed various model properties (destruction type, etc.)

The pack contains 4 loadable addons for different vegetations, so you can choose which one you want or need to use. (Or which one you need to unpack)

Usage:

- To fix existing terrain that is using A2 plants (need to be loaded after the island)

- To create any new terrain. (You can copy content, unpack, whatever you want with it)

Comparison of changes (v1.0):

UPDATE VIDEO (v1.2)

Note:

- This is STANDALONE release. No additonal addons are required.

- This addon will be part of the CUP (Community Upgrade Project)

Changelog:

v1.2

- Added Operation Arrowhead vegetation

- Added Private Military Company vegetation

- Added Summer versions of A2 vegetation

v1.1

- Improved penetration values

- Addon now contains only single file

v1.0

- First release

Download:

Armaholic:

news_download_a3_3.png

Google Drive: here

Edited by ThreeDots
  • Like 1

Question, does this fix issues such as AI being able to "see through" Arma 2 vegetation?

Question, does this fix issues such as AI being able to "see through" Arma 2 vegetation?

Interesting question, I've just tried if AI sees me trough some bushes and trees, BUT without the addon and the result was negative, enemy AI wasn't able to spot me or follow me with head while I was moving behind bushes/trees. Do you have any particular example, where do you think AI sees trough and it shouldn't?

Does this fix the rocks on Takistan? The AI can see through them and they don't block bullets at all.

Well, with recent experience on the Podagorsk map, using any sort of tree and cover and/or concealment was futile as many of them could be shot through (at least around the edges of them) and the enemy could easily pinpoint your location if standing behind it. That was a big problem when the gaming clan I run with was playing with that map, but I would assume this addon would fix such a problem. Another past experience was being in large tree filled area, marching through and the enemy AI being several hundred meters away were able to engage on us.

I was always told, since at least A3MP was first on the scene that foliage and in some case rocks were not processed by AI and thus from their prospective, field which were covered by bushes and tree would to them looking completely barren.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Does this fix the rocks on Takistan? The AI can see through them and they don't block bullets at all.

I have also experience this but I believe it was due to rocks that were placed there by the addon maker. Rocks that were originally there, placed by BI, work fine but again, any additional objects placed by the addon maker faced the problem of not having proper properties.

I haven't seen any rocks that blocked bullets, except for the big models. Of the ones where I've seen the problem, all that use the same model appear to have the problem.

Right now remade vegetation is only the one from original A2 - namely plants2.pbo (Bushes, Clutter, Trees, Misc, Plants), because that is what I need to create my own terrain. I will see as I progress what else I'll need to remake (or if community is interested...)

~sorry for the question sounding dumbasfuck, but no other requirements needed? correct? It's A2 in A3!

Past releases of A2 map assests have needed AIA etc. Just wanted to clarify this. I could really do with so fallen trees and tree stumps in my map without the need for AIA.

~sorry for the question sounding dumbasfuck, but no other requirements needed? correct? It's A2 in A3!

Past releases of A2 map assests have needed AIA etc. Just wanted to clarify this. I could really do with so fallen trees and tree stumps in my map without the need for AIA.

That is correct. There are no other requirements except that you own valid copy of A3 :)

ok cool! thanks for taking the time to make this reconfiguration. Looks like I can not worry about the default a3 veg which doesn't really occur where my map is set.

Upon my map release, may I include your reconfiguration .pbo in the folder?

ok cool! thanks for taking the time to make this reconfiguration. Looks like I can not worry about the default a3 veg which doesn't really occur where my map is set.

Upon my map release, may I include your reconfiguration .pbo in the folder?

Of course :)

Amazing mod! I was searching a long time for that!

450MB is a little harsh for a config fix but at least it is stand alone :P

And of course we are interested in all other kinds of Arma 2 Objects like Stones or ... whatever.

So the interest is there and we all would be thankful if you take your time for that ^__^

/edit

I´m using it with AiA, loading AiA first then your Mod.

The trees only working on Tschernarus and Celle correctly. Saharani, Takistan, Rashmaan still not working properly =(

Edited by Astrell

...because they use different tree objects, as he stated at least two times. (not to mention that thing called "common sense", duh :P)

Looks good, hope the AI viewblock is really there, because there was too much crying when checking out who's shooting in Cherno.

Basically a good way to check it is fire off a few rounds THEN hide behind the bush few meters away.

I suggest You talk with CUP_Terrains guys, think You guys could make some great things happen and as been stated - every addition is welcome.

Amazing mod! I was searching a long time for that!

450MB is a little harsh for a config fix but at least it is stand alone :P

Thank you.

You cannot fix these issues by config, believe me, I was trying it for hours. The properties are written inside the model, that means you have to download new models to fix it and that is why its 450MB ;)

...because they use different tree objects, as he stated at least two times. (not to mention that thing called "common sense", duh :P)

I suggest You talk with CUP_Terrains guys, think You guys could make some great things happen and as been stated - every addition is welcome.

You are not the first one who told me that, so I've already joined the skype group and sent message via contact form to contact leader. :)

I will take a look at the AI later on and test few things...

Plz fix the bulletproof spruce. It is impossible to kill (even with a grenade) the man who stands inside "foliage"

the OA vegetation are included? thanks for your hard work!

Plz fix the bulletproof spruce. It is impossible to kill (even with a grenade) the man who stands inside "foliage"

You mean in original or mine? Penetration in my addon should be ok, but if you encounter some problem, let me know and specify item and problem so i can take a look at that.

OA Vegetation is on plan, but I will have time to work again no sooner than next weekend...

You mean in original or mine?

Both) This is an old problem that was in Arma 2 and was repeated in AIA.

Penetration in my addon should be ok, but if you encounter some problem, let me know and specify item and problem so i can take a look at that.

Look at "t_picea1s.p3d" and "t_picea2s.p3d" in your "Tree.pbo"

e.g. 1 2

btw this is not the only problem tree, almost all the bushes are also bulletproof

Edited by lolkij

Of course :)

thanks dude, I'll credit your efforts for it too thanks!

Both) This is an old problem that was in Arma 2 and was repeated in AIA.

Look at "t_picea1s.p3d" and "t_picea2s.p3d" in your "Tree.pbo"

e.g. 1 2

btw this is not the only problem tree, almost all the bushes are also bulletproof

Ok, thanks. I've already started revising the penetration settings and made a lot of changes. But what I've tried before the trees are not completely unpenetrable... I am quite curious what results I can bring in next days. Keep testing! :)

NEW UPDATE - included OA and other expansions!

v1.2

- Added Operation Arrowhead vegetation

- Added Private Military Company vegetation

- Added Summer versions of A2 vegetation

v1.1

- Improved penetration values

- Addon now contains only single file

Download on GOOGLE DRIVE

Armaholic update not yet ready...

Here is an update video showing the penetration or AI:

Wow, so fast! Perfect job, ThreeDots! Big kudos)