Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

I sent him a pm as he's still active on the forums apparently and I'm kinda curious why he would do such a thing (does he prefer illegal workshop uploads? :O )

22 hours ago, kalstoon said:

I sent him a pm as he's still active on the forums apparently and I'm kinda curious why he would do such a thing.

I am sure he has his reasons.

(does he prefer illegal workshop uploads? :O )

I highly doubt, why would you ask something like that. :face_palm:

24 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I am sure he has his reasons.

I highly doubt, why would you ask something like that. :face_palm:

I'm just saying that because when mods aren't on Steam it happens a lot. Seems like a bit of a hassle to me having to report them and all.

1 hour ago, kalstoon said:

I'm just saying that because when mods aren't on Steam it happens a lot. Seems like a bit of a hassle to me having to report them and all.

That is very true, but you also have to appreciate the author may have changed their mind and no longer wish it to be on steam. Not all mods are on steam, as many mod makers don't agree with the steam EULA. At the end of the day we should respect the mod makers wishes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

That is very true, but you also have to appreciate the author may have changed their mind and no longer wish it to be on steam. Not all mods are on steam, as many mod makers don't agree with the steam EULA. At the end of the day we should respect the mod makers wishes. 

Fair enough, I'm not really aware of the Steam EULA details to be honest (not a modder or content creator myself). The abrupt change of mind after such a long time just seems odd.

14 minutes ago, kalstoon said:

Fair enough, I'm not really aware of the Steam EULA details to be honest (not a modder or content creator myself). The abrupt change of mind after such a long time just seems odd.

It does seem odd, i am sure there will be a simple explanation. 

• Like 2

Hello,

what is the Classname of the House you can see on this picture?

On 7.6.2015 at 6:57 AM, Auss said:

CSrDJI8.jpg

I've just finished porting Liberation v.924 to this map but I'm getting an error when trying to start it 'Warning Message: Addon 'ausbuildings' requires addon 'aussounds''. I can't get the aussonds pbo to open and it says it is a corrupted file. Has anyone been able to get this map to start on a public server? Is the Armaholic page the only source for this addon as I have not been able to find another source. Great looking map plays fine in the editor and usually that means that it will not have a problem on a public server either but that aussounds.pbo will not open and is corrupted according to the server logs. Does anyone know if a repo of the files in this addon is available somewhere.

On 8-8-2017 at 6:43 PM, kalstoon said:

Who ever uploads to steam should really get their guts ripped out. Or be perm banned from steam...

Here is why:

...you grant Valve and its affiliates the worldwide, non-exclusive, right to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, transcode, translate, broadcast, and otherwise communicate, and publicly display and publicly perform, your User Generated Content, and derivative works of your User Generated Content, for the purpose of the operation, distribution and promotion of the Steam service, Steam games or other Steam offerings....

Basically BIS and Valve earning money over a modder's long hard unpaid work.

And no, pay-to-play for mods is not allowed either, according to BIS EULA. Someone allready tried that.

• Confused 1

The Original Australia Map was uploaded to steam workshop by original author.
For some reason he removed it and has gone MIA, which is a shame.

As for steam workshop content there is separate section specifically for workshop content, so its not as bad as it used to be etc.

Notwithstanding the license described in Section 6.A., Valve will only have the right to modify or create derivative works from your Workshop Contribution in the following cases: (a) Valve may make modifications necessary to make your Contribution compatible with Steam and the Workshop functionality or user interface, and (b) Valve or the applicable developer may make modifications to Workshop Contributions that are accepted for in-Application distribution as it deems necessary or desirable to enhance gameplay.

Anyway this is abit off topic, pretty sure there are other threads debating steam workshop on the forums

Hi Everyone

I will be running my ZKs -=LOST=-  mission on this Australia 5.09 Map for the near future 

everyone is welcome

-=LOST=- Australia -- Server Details

Server: Zks -=LOST=- Australia

Address:  112.141.51.139 : 2302

Map: Australia

Mission: -= LOST=-

Mods:

ZoneKillers Items

ZKs_iBuild

Australia V5.09  

• Like 1

I believe the creator removed it. I can't remember why, but it'll be in this post somewhere. It is still up on armaholic though so you could get it from there. 

He removed it because some little shit (pardon my French!) decided to modify his map and release it.  Perfect grounds to remove imho.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, kremator said:

He removed it because some little shit (pardon my French!) decided to modify his map and release it.  Perfect grounds to remove imho.

I can understand why that would cause him to DCMA the little shit offender but not remove it from Steam altogether (after all, removing it from Steam does nothing to stop that happening again) which just hurts those of us server owners who love and run the map for others (both the A3Launcher application and the ARMA launcher only support Steam mods so public servers who want a server pop will not run those not available there on them tbh).

That said, it is his choice but I now choose to only run Oz only on my dev server for a couple of friends rather than on one of my two production servers with public access. It's a shame because it is an awesome map that deserves visibility, but that is the way it is in these times of Steam's supremacy :eh:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Grahame said:

the ARMA launcher only support Steam mods

Are you talking about the vanilla launcher? Because it certainly does support mods from anywhere. 

@beno_83auAgreed, but most players have little knowledge of downloading and installing Local Mods and will choose another server instead. In the public (always online) server realm you get players by having players, so you tend to avoid using anything that will discourage players from trying and playing the server in my experience.

As I noted, I do not criticize @Aussfor his decision (it is his to make), but just think it's a damned shame for the excellent map that he created. Even though he ended development it is eminently playable and lots of fun, especially on a heavily-militarized survival server (almost perfect for that in fact due to its size and varied terrain)... Me and a few other will continue to have fun with it but there will be very few public servers running it now

• Like 1

Love this map and the amount of work that has gone into it.

I've ported a couple of single player missions on to the map.

Make Arma Not War runner up Pilgrimage by Rydygier  - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ypl5h2z3vylcnue/Pilgrimage_Australia_AK1.australia.pbo?dl=0

Hetman War Stories, also by Rydygier - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ixivwl4ivpayusc/HWS_Australia.australia.pbo?dl=0

• Like 1

You sir are awesome.

Thank you for all the content you have created.  You have certainly made your mark in in the Arma community!

Specifically, other than the map, I appreciate your walk-able buildings.  I think, that is very important to immersive gameplay.

On 6/16/2017 at 4:45 PM, Auss said:

I got a fix I'll post a link for you to test 

Do you put them in the @Australia\addon folder?

@ TBsThug;

you expect an answer from over a year ago? and he hasn't been online since   August 4, 2017

GL

8 minutes ago, kklownboy said:

@ TBsThug;

you expect an answer from over a year ago? and he hasn't been online since   August 4, 2017

GL

Don't expect an answer from him but was hoping someone would know the answer.

Hello good afternoon to all guys, I hope they are well, I would like to ask a question, how many meters deep is the sea of this beautiful map?