Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

There wont be any further updates to the map. Ver 4.01 is final, Mattaust and I had planned much more but as very few servers are hosting it I will not spend anymore time on it

Hey guys just wanted to say that this map is one of the best maps ever made for the ARMA series... period. You have really done an amazing amount of work and I have really enjoyed catching bits of your building streams. This map will never leave my groups core modset. Seriously in my opinion you have raised the bar for map makers AND bohemia when it comes to terrains. The playability, the scale, the set pieces, the attention to detail, and most of all the varying types of terrains contained in this one map is amazing. And as a mission maker I want to say thank you for putting Australia out there. I hope more servers take note of this map and start using it.

• Like 5

You have done some outstanding work, mixing both detailed urban cityscapes and the outback. There are friggin parcels in the post office, and here we all thought that objects were not allowed indoors :)

I would so hope that there could be crocs in those creeks and streams, somebody did one for Arma 2 IIRC.

-OP

• Like 1

Not sure what map your playing there mate, theres no police stations across the roads perhaps you can put a picture up so i can understand you a little better

Here are three shots from the police station at brisbane blocking the road   other stations are showing the same problem  

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s530/Sebastiaan_Reedijk/20151001_223359_zpsulb6mbiz.jpg

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s530/Sebastiaan_Reedijk/20151001_223224_zpsl8rvi0la.jpg

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s530/Sebastiaan_Reedijk/20151001_223124_zpst2jzowh4.jpg

sorry about the quality but somehow i wasn't able to take a screen so i had to take it with my phone :(

(moderators please forgive me if something is wrong with the pictures  i have completly lost my way with photobucket and posting pictures so i am hoping it is all ok   if not please let me know asap and i will seehow i can change it :(  ) 

Hello guys, i copy here my message:

I found 2 errors:

1. Cycle script error:

Error position: <drawIcon3D [_icon, _color, _position, _s>
Error 0 уÑтановлено Ñлементов, 3 ожидалоÑÑŒ
~
Error in expression <[(_doorPos), ["Man"], 5]; 

waitUntil{!(isNull(_near))};

if(!(count _near == 0)>
Error position: <isNull(_near))};

if(!(count _near == 0)>
Error isnull: type of massive, expect Object,Group,Script,Display (dialog),Control,Network Object,Task,Location
File mm_bank\script\mic\Auto_Doors.sqf, line 19
Error in expression <e {true} do 
{
_near = nearestObjects [(_doorPos), ["Man"], 5]; 

waitUntil{!(is>
Error position: <_doorPos), ["Man"], 5]; 

waitUntil{!(is>
Error definit variable  in line: _doorpos

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Error when i start ZEUS:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ModuleCuratorSetCamera_F/Arguments/UseAsDefault/values/Enabled.default'.

Cannot open object ca\misc\popelnice_2.p3d

@ OpsixDelta & Old_painless - Thanks guys your post's almost made me reconsider my decision to stop work.

@Supergrunt - You have an addon issue, thats not the police station building I suggest you check how you have the Island installed or are you running extra addons?

@asssssins - Thats a script error with the automatic doors for the bank nothing to worry about.

@Nikiforos - High detail in cities means lower FPS 

@Stephnet - Thank you for all the bug reports you gave me, community members like yourself are one of the reasons I was able to complete the map, I  really appreciate the time u spent helping. 34 servers = <10 players

• Like 2

Tis a pity you have decided not to advance the island any further. It has become the only island I and a few friends play on. Lots of long highways and a few zombies in the desert made for hours of fun.

I hope that you will come back and continue to grow the map one day.

I couldn't agree more with the sentiments of OpSixDelta and old_painless.

Perhaps you may transition from the map to creating some Australian themed vehicles and objects to complement the island. Would love to see some Commodore and Falcon police vehicles as well as other Aussie emergency service vehicles.

Thanks again for creating a great playground for the community. Hope to see more from you soon.

@Supergrunt - You have an addon issue, thats not the police station building I suggest you check how you have the Island installed or are you running extra addons?

Was afraid of this :(  will go and investigate (the police building is the OPX policebuilding so that has to be the problem   now to find out how this is possible (same classnames ?? )  and how to solve it )

edit : i tried to change load order, it didn't work  so i deleted opxbuildings.pbo and voilla it works like a charm ,but....... now most of my arma 2 islands like clafghan etc.  are missing opxbuildings.........

problem found but now how to solve it ? so that the arma 2 islands keep working ;) 

@ OpsixDelta & Old_painless - Thanks guys your post's almost made me reconsider my decision to stop work.

@asssssins - Thats a script error with the automatic doors for the bank nothing to worry about.

@Nikiforos - High detail in cities means lower FPS 

@Stephnet - Thank you for all the bug reports you gave me, community members like yourself are one of the reasons I was able to complete the map, I  really appreciate the time u spent helping. 34 servers = <10 players

So, you dont fix it?

I don't believe that you should stop work on the basis of how many servers run the map. People will love to use your map regardless whether its on a server or not. I for one love it for the fact that that Australia is portrayed in something for once, it gives people a large variety of terrain, cities and structures of which many other maps don't have, or they just simply use basic Arma 3 structures, it can also somewhat teach people the proper geography of Australia... People might actually know where Perth is for once haha :P

Obviously its your teams choice. 

hmm, I'm really sad to hear this. I can see how looking at server count might make you feel like the work is not appreciated - I can absolutely assure you that this is not the case. Maps can take a LONG time to become mainstream. People are often reluctant to port missions or build ops on them until they are considered finished - or at stable release.

Server count is also a poor way of lookng at the results - I'd be more interested in downloads and or feedback here as a measure of success.

I would perhaps suggest a change to your statement to something along the lines of "Map is now at stable release - no further development for the immediate future - enjoy".

I for one am keen to get an ALiVE public mission running on it.

Will you be fixing the script errors, I know they are only minor, but it will be putting off Admins / Devs who do very thorough RPT quality checks on anything they run on their servers (3CB for instance :) )

Good luck with whatever you choose - I'm still going to enjoy playing on it for sure !

Hey all, it was a pleasure to make buildings for the Australian map. Creating these buildings from oxygen alone was a feat that I wont forget, (let's just say I can do it blind now, which I find a success).

I would love to make more structures in my spare time, but I'm also studying Building Design, in respect to that I love 3D Modelling and like to design houses. To this day I don't understand why I chose to model buildings 3 years ago instead of cars, characters etc, maybe because that's what I felt was lacking at the time in ArmA 2 and it's how I wanted to give back to an ArmA community. Well anyway I'm getting a job which transitions from modelling to designing with Architects which I find awesome.

But I will always have a spot for 3D Modelling and I always try to find time to create more buildings, it's just time consuming. Especially when your a team of one, doing the modelling, texture artist with photoshop, some custom animations, basic scripts etc.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the Australia map for what it is!

Cheers, Mattaust.

It's not the tool that makes something successful, it's the operator that drives such tool.

• Like 1

Yes, a brilliant map and easily the best yet.

We too are just waiting for the next release of ALiVE (slightly overdue now) to be able to use it for our missions/campaigns as it has been indexed apparently by their team.

Will continue to use it as a personal favourite too.

Lots of effort has gone into it and we all really appreciate that. Thanks.

hmm, I'm really sad to hear this. I can see how looking at server count might make you feel like the work is not appreciated - I can absolutely assure you that this is not the case. Maps can take a LONG time to become mainstream. People are often reluctant to port missions or build ops on them until they are considered finished - or at stable release.

Server count is also a poor way of lookng at the results - I'd be more interested in downloads and or feedback here as a measure of success.

I would perhaps suggest a change to your statement to something along the lines of "Map is now at stable release - no further development for the immediate future - enjoy".

I for one am keen to get an ALiVE public mission running on it.

Will you be fixing the script errors, I know they are only minor, but it will be putting off Admins / Devs who do very thorough RPT quality checks on anything they run on their servers (3CB for instance :) )

Good luck with whatever you choose - I'm still going to enjoy playing on it for sure !

Building Script errors is Mattaust Dept

We use a dedicated to test stuff and although it isn't running the map 24/7 the map has been loaded on the server since first release came out and we play west to east Australia and cti Australia as frequently as any other map. It is simply outstanding and really a masterpiece.

One note... there are many terrains coming up right, seems like one after another, all adding another layer to the Arma verse ... it keeps things fresh but quality will always stand on its own ;)

Hello @Auss

Thank you for your work but Could you please fix all the errors in rpt ?? 

http://pastie.org/10459616

http://pastie.org/10459636

Currently it's not playable with all these errors. 

Not Sure hows its not playable? Mattaust is the only one who can fix the custom building errors. :( 

I'll fix the custom building scripts, they're just redundant and will be removed.

• Like 1

Sad to see you guys are gonna stop work on the map I've had many a fun and memorable hour on it and i was looking forward to see how it was going to develop. Maybe when ALiVE can get it indexed and servers start using it more you'll return and continue work on it?

Hmmm, not very sound logic but your decision is your decision...

If i may interject and state the obvious.. Just because your not seeing your island used on a bunch of public servers, is NO reason to stop development... Most people do NOT put UNFINISHED maps on their servers.. due to rpt errors , crashing, etc...

Furthermore, There are OTHER private servers, and the like (hosted missions) that glide right under the radar.. 

Arma 3 is still a baby... and we as a community are JUST now getting a plethora of maps to play on .. with the lack of Vanilla content this game RELYS on teams LIKE YOU.. the Community relys on teams like YOU. 

Honestly i have tried to make a small island my only problem is lack of time. Understanding the tools and how to make a maps comes with time , the time i fall short of.. 

Dont be discouraged on further development. just because everyone and their brother are NOT using your map... If you make it, and make it well.. It will be used.. and used OFTEN!!!!  Please rethink your decision and maybe just get your mind off it with another Island :)...

Thanks for your effort and work put into this map. It truly is a piece of work!! 

We play your map on events within our clan, for public play its another story. We like your map, thx for your effort. We still have some heavy framedrops on some areas.

• Like 1

After testing this map over a weekend we determined it optimized enough for public use. Had over 30 people playing BECTI, I was surprised on the turn out and all users said they loved the map. We loved it so much it's now a permanent part of the server rotation.

• Like 1

I've had to fix several small bugs which were annoying me so version 4.03 is currently uploading.

Fixed:

- Trees removed from Darwin and Adelaide airports to allow large planes to auto land without crashing.

- Speedhumps removed as they were bugged with custom cars.

• Like 2

Thx for still supporting it, even it will be only the required (hot)fixes in the future ;) Perhaps tell ALiVE mod team you released new version, i think its worth the (re)indexing they will do.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps

http://dev.withsix.com/projects/alive/issues

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing

WOW!!!! Simply amazing...

no zombies no anything vulgar like that... but I do got 2 words for you...

think...

MAD.

MAX.

You're feeling it? are ya?