Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

My usernames all fucked up too, I used to Aussie along time ago then went to Aus now after forum change I'm back to Aussie and I cant edit that first post :(

This is one of the reasons Arma3 has so little addons and maps being made, when a community www.nanocore-network.tk removes the donations area on the map it makes me wonder why MattAust and myself even bother to continue working on the island. You get the map for free and then you decide to do this. 

EkuSmHE.jpg

This is one of the reasons Arma3 has so little addons and maps being made, when a community www.nanocore-network.tk removes the donations area on the map it makes me wonder why MattAust and myself even bother to continue working on the island. You get the map for free and then you decide to do this. 

Cheeky feckers and it's very poorly done, they also have no community and doubt they ever will.

Name and shame em Aussie, just don't let them get you down buddy :)

• Like 1

Love this map, but I'm struggling to get ALiVE to work on it.

I understand that the Australia v2.0 map has been indexed by the ALiVE team, but recent efforts by me to get ALiVE functioning hav enot worked yet.

I'm fairly new to ALiVE but managed to set it up for Altis without difficulty.

Can anyone here please confirm if they have had success, I suspect it is my error, but not 100% sure yet.

Thanks

CommandoUKSF, I believe ALiVE has indexed the map, but has yet to update ALiVE with the information. I would go and ask the ALiVE team, because the authors of Austria wont be able to to help you because ALiVE is a different mod altogether.

• Like 1

CommandoUKSF, I believe ALiVE has indexed the map, but has yet to update ALiVE with the information. I would go and ask the ALiVE team, because the authors of Austria wont be able to to help you because ALiVE is a different mod altogether.

Hi stcrowe,

Yes, thanks I did just that and can report back confirmation that this great Australia map has been indexed in ALiVE Dev, but not released yet.

All the best

Hmmm wonder if it happens only to me.

in POS [4595.49,17843.5,0.00144005], there's a typical various rooms, Garage house. All the houses of that type can be shoot through (there's no collision for bullets).

There's also some kind of bug with graphics in the darker collored rooms.

https://gyazo.com/229ab71b72196cf746cc7a85b30824d5

https://gyazo.com/75339653ab04d6d9c2b9e5c04e0b7ffb

House in [30661.2,10705.3,0.00143957] is a bit underground.

I'll check the fire geometry on the houses, I'll have to update the alphas on the windows to prevent the "blueness" on the window.

The new Supermax is open for Business

VsOhWZ6.jpg

Mpdel0z.jpg

kkX5i6G.jpg

Hp8ci3P.jpg

New Army Logistics Base

CZoTsYs.jpg

th5IGH2.jpg

• Like 1

Oh wow ! Nice work Aussie, Me and my coop group are working our way through an 8 mission story driven coop campaign that takes place all over Australia. These new locations are going to have to be on the mission list.

Nice work

Is that default A3 lighting on those pics?

make sure you dont include the large Dam in your story as its been replaced with this large bridge which is underconstruction

Lighting -  Yes Default Arma 3 lighting 

OdlB8BO.jpg

oViVMGf.jpg

XFg0dL5.jpg

Wow Aussie,

You have been busy, all looking very good.

On the subject of bridges and even dams are they all indestructible in ARMA 3?

The reason I ask is that I have always struggled to destroy them with demo charges and even tank rounds, yet a bridge would seem an ideal target for attack.

Or can they be configured for destruction by map authors?

I had a look at building the SASR Campbell Barracks near Perth and found the open grass area the road leads to, but found the xcam mod a bit too daunting for now, have just mastered ALiVE though  :)

Hi Aussie,

Loving what you are doing here, this map has potential for awesome fun when up and running as a 'Life' server. I used to do level design for CS1.5 and even did an Aussie themed map (as pathetic as it seems to me when i look back now de_outback was created when i had a monitor with 'colour saturation' issues so everything is over colorful) this game engine and Aussie's work i can see this could become very popular for 'shits and giggles' for us Aussie's being immersed in familiar territories and of course the rest of the world who also love the idea of Australia.

Just want to say Hi for now and say i'm interested in playing this and possibly getting involved in it's development should i actually be able to get my head around it all after all these years since my studies in game dev and mapping.

A few ideas i think would make a significant addition to the overall experience to Aussieland;

- Kangaroos.. there are 3d models out there already, just need the creators perhaps to get the animations for it and then an Arma3 scripter or what have you to make them an entity in game that will become a sight and a threat to dusk and dawn road travel. I'm thinking you would create 'zones' where they would be found.

- I would love some old air-cooled kombi or beetle's as vehicles of choice. Like the old song goes "Travelling in a fried out kombi..."

One thing to note is i don;t think it is a good idea to start using actual company brand names and logos as it'll bite you in the end.

that's all for now... happy to get to know the community and may get involved at a later date :)

Cheers mate!

- Zen

Ohhh you mean somethiong like this -> http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/1466272777495046362/C1477B1ACCCAB0A6398A226C12AE23EA9C2323A3/

Animals are not as easy as you make it sound, so much work to create something that behaves in a unique way to everything else, rabbits move in a similar way, but behave sooooo differntly.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed!! are they an object or a clutter model same as snakes and rabbits? 

They are an Ambient Animal, same as rabbits, you can place them via the mission editor or setup a terrain config to clutter them around specific areas.  With better FSM's and animations should be able to make them mob together and fight each other like boxers maybe

Those roos sure look good P1nGa. You wouldn't have any other Aussie wildlife hidden away by any chance? Koalas, Emus etc.?

They are an Ambient Animal, same as rabbits, you can place them via the mission editor or setup a terrain config to clutter them around specific areas.  With better FSM's and animations should be able to make them mob together and fight each other like boxers maybe

Are they available to use on the map? They would make an excellent addition, I could add them as an ambient animal in the island config. 

Hey Aussie, quick question. I know currently Australia requires AiA terrain pack, but as CUP Terrains gets closer to becoming an official release, how will that affect Australia ? Or will it at all ? I have been reading on the CUP Terrain thread that CUP Terrains is 100 percent backward compatible with AiA TP but didn't know if that also meant for terrains such as yours that require AiA as a dependent. 

Anyways me and my group are working our way through  story campaign on Australia right now and its just been amazing ! The rivers that you made deeper in v2 are awesome btw !

I've had reports thats CUP works fine with Australia Terrain, I'be given up trying to download the CUP release candidate pack  as it keeps timing out so I cannot confirm these reports.

I tried it and had no serious issues, just some wrong dependencies or minor config errors but the map itself worked fine