Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

Hello,

I saw the video on reddit and just wanted to congratulate you on the map!

Awesome addition to the collection and will now be sharing it with my friends.

Thanks!

Nope Arma3 doesnt have the amount of assets needed for a map this large, you can use the AIA data pack which saves 1.2gig.

Ah I see. I completely understand, but its still too big and buggy for me. Ill wait for CUP and look again. Regardless, the terrain looks amazing. I did play with it by myself and loved it. Keep up the great work.

All in Arma you know is getting replaced in the future by the CUP Terrain pack, which has been optimised by the ground up. And should work with Terrains such as this excellent map :)
Yea I have been keeping my eye on that one. Once it is released I will have another look at it. The size of these is a bit big, but for the content included it is understandable. AiA was great when it came out, but as Arma is updated it becomes more buggy and less worth the size.

Ah I see. I completely understand, but its still too big and buggy for me. Ill wait for CUP and look again. Regardless, the terrain looks amazing. I did play with it by myself and loved it. Keep up the great work.

Yea I have been keeping my eye on that one. Once it is released I will have another look at it. The size of these is a bit big, but for the content included it is understandable. AiA was great when it came out, but as Arma is updated it becomes more buggy and less worth the size.

I wouldn't blame the AIA pack, Ive found it very good. Australia is very stable using the AIA pack

I wouldn't blame the AIA pack, Ive found it very good. Australia is very stable using the AIA pack

I don't mean to come off sounding like I blame the pack or the author. If i read correctly, he stopped supporting the pack to work on CUP? I have just noticed that every time arma is updated most mods face bugs brought on by changes and unsupported mods tend to collect them. That, coupled with the size of the mod, makes it hard to convince people to use.

no sorry cannot be used in Arma2

Why not?? Is there a technical.limitation on A2 that.prevents it working with maps this size? Is this a limitation that can't be removed? Or is it another reason?

Loving the look and work guys..

now if only i could get my AIA to work properly, but that's another story.

Thanks for this map guys it is great... Is it me, I cannot hear the magpie sound anymore ? I can hear all the other sounds like wind etc I would like to put the magpie sound back on please advise if this can be done ?

Cheers

Are there any Mines and or caves? couldn't find any. if so, can anyone link the coords?

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

220335 is a strange looking place, is that intended?

03E0FAC9F73B5C37B618F9B97CC6C52E8F015BEB

I started sculpting that area for a naval type small dockyards but got side tracked with Bug fixing. It'll be completed for Version 3 :)

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

Why not?? Is there a technical.limitation on A2 that.prevents it working with maps this size? Is this a limitation that can't be removed? Or is it another reason?

It was made with Arma 3 toolset and would also mean a complete re-write of all the code plus removing thousands of objects and replacing them :(

Australia has now been Indexed by the ALIVE team, thanks guys :)

My unit are hoping to use this great looking map for a future campaign. Initial testing with version 1 went very well.

Particularly liked the long river on the South of the map with lots of vegetation on the banks, traversing up the river on an armed boat felt just like a scene out of Apocalpse now.

That was until we hit the sandbanks over half way up. Discovered too shallow to progress further. Changed to Crrc same problem but we were able to push them using ACE over the sandbanks and then proceeded up the river to the City.

Really appreciate all the efforts you have put into this awesome map.

We are thinking of adding Campbell SAS Regiment barracks on Coast West of Perth as our initial base.

Well done and thank you for your efforts.

My unit are hoping to use this great looking map for a future campaign. Initial testing with version 1 went very well.

Particularly liked the long river on the South of the map with lots of vegetation on the banks, traversing up the river on an armed boat felt just like a scene out of Apocalpse now.

That was until we hit the sandbanks over half way up. Discovered too shallow to progress further. Changed to Crrc same problem but we were able to push them using ACE over the sandbanks and then proceeded up the river to the City.

Really appreciate all the efforts you have put into this awesome map.

We are thinking of adding Campbell SAS Regiment barracks on Coast West of Perth as our initial base.

Well done and thank you for your efforts.

You wont have any issues now with Version 2 Rivers I deepened them all so they are all usable now :)

If you look in Perth theres a road to nowhere atm, that was going to be leading into an Airbase west of Perth. I just havent built it yet. Get Xcam make the base as prefab and I can hardcode it onto the map, saves time and you get to have your base for all to use :)

Edited by Aus

You wont have any issues now with Version 2 Rivers I deepened them all so they are all usable now :)

If you look in Perth theres a road to nowhere atm, that was going to be leading into an Airbase west of Perth. I just havent built it yet. Get Xcam make the base as prefab and I can hardcode it onto the map, saves time and you get to have your base for all to use :)

That is great news to hear. I'm currently on leave with my family in the Med and back next week to try out version 2. Will also have a look into Xcam and see what that looks like too.

Everyone here really likes your efforts, thanks again

Hi Aus,

There are some pretty big issues with 2.0

The places in the black zones "Forbudt zone".

When you drive there your game will crash.

I tested with 1.0, no crash - With 2.0 it crashes all the time when in a car.

I tried in the editor - Also crashing there.

I hope you can look into this.

Just tell me if you need a better picture.

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/5xX18169.jpg (454 kB)

Hi Aus,

There are some pretty big issues with 2.0

The places in the black zones "Forbudt zone".

When you drive there your game will crash.

I tested with 1.0, no crash - With 2.0 it crashes all the time when in a car.

I tried in the editor - Also crashing there.

I hope you can look into this.

Just tell me if you need a better picture.

http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/5xX18169.jpg (454 kB)

See post #252 on previous page for reason your game is crashing

---------- Post added at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was at 00:16 ----------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1s5b1j80e4z9w9v/cement.rar?dl=0

Try this addon

Hi Aus

Where the magpie sounds removed ? I can hear them in v1 in editor but not v2.

Thanks

Insem

The volume was reduced on the birds, perhaps alittle to much as I cant hear them now lol

Hi Aus i have the Problem that i cant open the door's by the Police HQS and this is realy borring.

If you have an soulution for this problem pls give it to me

Hi Aus i have the Problem that i cant open the door's by the Police HQS and this is realy borring.

If you have an soulution for this problem pls give it to me

First Thread has your answer

Hi Aus

great map, really impressive. Good to see some new buildings too. :)

Could you make them available in zeus so that it would be much easier to place them correctly ?

Played a little duws on this map today. Excellent work. Look forward to future updates

Hi Aus,

The links in the first Topic page no longer working since updating the forum.