Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

I made sure to sub to the twitch channel, is the lighting config update expected anytime soon? Soon enough the community I'm with is gonna end up making a trailer for the progress done so far, and nighttime footage would definitely be a great addition. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, the roads are a bit hard to stop on. Do you know anything about this, with some vehicles it's hard to turn and come to a stop on the roads. :|

Version 2 is close to release. Some new re textured house and fixed buildings will be added. As for roads they have been fixed different surfaces will have different properties. Red dust will slow a vehicle while salt lake will allow higher speeds

Well, lots of hype from me and everyone else I've played on the map with!

Version 2 is close to release. Some new re textured house and fixed buildings will be added. As for roads they have been fixed different surfaces will have different properties. Red dust will slow a vehicle while salt lake will allow higher speeds

how close ?

I would also like to know how soon this release would be?

This is an awesome map. Very few flaws of note. A few floating buildings and some buildings half way under ground but that's cosmetic. One thing I would recommend is removing all the bar gates. As they are closed, we have to get out, open it and then get back in to drive through. I find it better for us to place our own bar gates which we then use triggers etc to have them open and shut automatically.

This is an awesome map. Very few flaws of note. A few floating buildings and some buildings half way under ground but that's cosmetic. One thing I would recommend is removing all the bar gates. As they are closed, we have to get out, open it and then get back in to drive through. I find it better for us to place our own bar gates which we then use triggers etc to have them open and shut automatically.

Pretty sure you can still use scripts to open bar gates, I can't remember the animation name but using a trigger, gamelogic, nearestObject/nearestObjects and the 'animate' command you should be able to open any bar gate whenever you want to.

Phonic, you're correct but the said bargate you'd want to see opened would have to be named, and then you would end up doing:

nameYouChoose animate ["Door_1_rot", 1]

For that reason, I believe we'd need to place our own bargates using the editor. But I think the bargates Aussie placed are fine, not a big deal to open/close them outside of a vehicle.

Only thing that really concerns me right now are roads and lighting which are both fixed so just waiting on v2.0 release.

Phonic, you're correct but the said bargate you'd want to see opened would have to be named, and then you would end up doing:
nameYouChoose animate ["Door_1_rot", 1]

For that reason, I believe we'd need to place our own bargates using the editor. But I think the bargates Aussie placed are fine, not a big deal to open/close them outside of a vehicle.

Only thing that really concerns me right now are roads and lighting which are both fixed so just waiting on v2.0 release.

Exactly, and that's why I mentioned using a gamelogic and the nearestObject command. You find the bar gate on the map that you'd like to open, then use nearestObject (see wiki for syntax) on the gamelogic to find the variable name for the bar gate. That would be the name you use for the animate command.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hi.

This might be a silly question, and may have already been answered somewhere. Can anyone please tell me how to add this to a dedicated server? I am new to running arma3 servers, and have figured out running Cherno, and Altis on the same box, but this map seems awesome and I want to give it a go. I can not work out how to make it load??

Currently running Epoch 3.0.3, All In ARMA Terrain Pack 1.4.1, and MAS Weapons 1.8, on both servers with A3EAI, and WAI missions.

Please could anyone steer me in the right direction?

What configs do I need to change? Do I need to edit the map? Are there buildings already etc etc.

Thanks in advance!

Didn't know about that Phonic, that's gonna end up being extremely useful.

Exactly, and that's why I mentioned using a gamelogic and the nearestObject command. You find the bar gate on the map that you'd like to open, then use nearestObject (see wiki for syntax) on the gamelogic to find the variable name for the bar gate. That would be the name you use for the animate command.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Wait, you're MrSanchez! I've watched you on YouTube!

Wait, you're MrSanchez! I've watched you on YouTube!

Yes I am, would you like an autograph?

Lelelelelelele, jk.

Can't wait for an update for this map. #hype

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I'm fairly sure it isn't, follow the development on twitch, both matt's as Aus' channels if you want to see the work done.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yeah, waiting on a reply here from Aus. Really hoping this next release will be soon, really wanna see the modded cars work on roads, and lighting working again.

Still working on Version 2 when I have a release date I'll post here :)

hi mate your map is causing all other AiA maps including icebreakrs isla duala and panthera to crash the game.

ive diagnosed this by removing australia and trying to load them and they work, as soon as i load your map they all crash

this is the issue im getting http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24651

could you look into this?

Do u have the AIA hotfix installed?