Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

been it exploring it all night, i still cant believe this is all one map. This is crazy but freaking awesome, nice work Aus.

I drove across the vast red desert and almost expected Mad Max to appear over the next hill. Love the pubs. I did fall through that large dam while walking on top of the west side and died. Either way, great job, very impressed, fantastic to have custom structures and huge tracts of outback.

hi guys, I haven't spoke to Aussie for quite some time, cause I've been flat out with a Building Design course, and have nearly ran my head in.

I'm the 3D Modeller for the map creating the custom buildings, Please if you will give me some bug testing, I've got a massive 3.5week holiday coming up, and I'm going to be all hands on deck so to speak in fixing up stuff that I have given to Aussie half done.

What I have done is the:"

Commonwealth Bank

PUB A (single story)

PUB C (double)

Prison holding Yard (Square one)

Prison Correctional Facility, (48 cells)

Centrelink (Needs better re-texturing)

Residential building (re-texturing)

Apartment Renovation building

Police Station

And any other thing I can't think of at the moment.

I plan on fixing the bugs and hopefully if I have time fix up another apartment building.

Cheers, Matt.

hi guys, I haven't spoke to Aussie for quite some time, cause I've been flat out with a Building Design course, and have nearly ran my head in.

I'm the 3D Modeller for the map creating the custom buildings, Please if you will give me some bug testing, I've got a massive 3.5week holiday coming up, and I'm going to be all hands on deck so to speak in fixing up stuff that I have given to Aussie half done.

What I have done is the:"

Commonwealth Bank

PUB A (single story)

PUB C (double)

Prison holding Yard (Square one)

Prison Correctional Facility, (48 cells)

Centrelink (Needs better re-texturing)

Residential building (re-texturing)

Apartment Renovation building

Police Station

And any other thing I can't think of at the moment.

I plan on fixing the bugs and hopefully if I have time fix up another apartment building.

Cheers, Matt.

hey mate I was getting worried something had happened to you :) Great to hear you have some time to get models sorted :yay::yay:

I drove across the vast red desert and almost expected Mad Max to appear over the next hill. Love the pubs. I did fall through that large dam while walking on top of the west side and died. Either way, great job, very impressed, fantastic to have custom structures and huge tracts of outback.

Speaking of Mad Max, there was a post-apocaliptic mod (by IceWindo if I recall right, back on Alpha days... that would be super to have a Mad Max mission on those badlands featuring that mod (thou we shouldn´t use their weapons, as they´d be soundless due to 2 sound overhauls on the meantime)

@Mattaustt - all those custom buildings looks very nice, but plenty have collision (or the lack of) problems - the houses and prison I can confirm, but fixing that is a heck of improvement already!

cheers!

Fixed next release I fell through the bloody thing as well that's how I found it lol

Had a chance to look now, awsome work!

Get a 'cannot load texture color_00.paa' and noticed some road miss alignment, a 'T' section, and a building sunk into the ground about 1 meter at Melbourne Airport, both @ grid 115.308. Been having too much flying about to notice anything else

Had a chance to look now, awsome work!

Get a 'cannot load texture color_00.paa' and noticed some road miss alignment, a 'T' section, and a building sunk into the ground about 1 meter at Melbourne Airport, both @ grid 115.308. Been having too much flying about to notice anything else

All been fixed for next update :)

All been fixed for next update :)

Sydney had a duplicate church I think north of town, did you fix that yet?

Sydney had a duplicate church I think north of town, did you fix that yet?

are you referring to the church north of the Docks beside the Large tanks? If so then yep just found the duplicate and removed, thanks :) well spotted

Yeah just found an error for steam friends Aussie.

Error 101 Friend not found.

Add me again? lol

I have made a few Zeus Templates for the Map.

A 100% Vanilla ZGM 48 + 2 map that is a direct port from Master Altis can be locted here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458523135

Or the Tactical Australia mission which is better suited for players who use MCC, Zeus, RHS and Taskforce Radio:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190079-Tactical-Map-Pack-The-Ultimate-Zeus-MCC-Template-Missions-RHS

Really love this map! I love the size and layout. Plenty of airports and lots of vegetation as well. Great job fellas! Going to run a mission with it this weekend.

If I may, the ambient noises. Any chance you could dial them back a little? Maybe put (a lot) more time between the bird shrieks and dial back the overall ambient volume?

Don't get me wrong, I do like them. They add a great deal of character to the map. I just found myself annoyed after wandering around for an hour or so.

Hey all , Island is available on the steam Workshop :)

I'm ready for it :D But my computer is not, mainboard broken, will be a couple of days until I can start gaming again :(

There seems to be a problem with some buildings and what I think is ambient occlusion, I've noticed it on the Detention Centre and in the residential houses. You can basically see the contour of certain objects through the wall, as if the walls were slightly transparent

A picture for reference: http://gyazo.com/3ba10dd839b97970e1d35498a22afced

Also, the residential house I was in on that picture has a wall that has no collision (and since some of the residential houses share the same model, I assume they all share the same glitch).

Edit: in case you do need the specific building i was in, teleport yourself to [36148.3,12735,0.00143909]

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edited by PhonicStudios

Thanks Phonic,

I understand about the ambient occlusion on some of my textures, thanks for helping me narrow it down, just an error with the PAA and will be fixed.

Also Residential buildings will be tweaked quite a bit, those buildings were made in half a day and were quite a quick job.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Thanks Phonic,

I understand about the ambient occlusion on some of my textures, thanks for helping me narrow it down, just an error with the PAA and will be fixed.

Also Residential buildings will be tweaked quite a bit, those buildings were made in half a day and were quite a quick job.

Cheers, and thanks again.

Nice, I really like a lot of your models :D

Did you also make the Centrelink? That one is very detailed from the inside but the automatic doors don't open yet :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Any mp servers running this map?

I am with Epoch if you want to have a read Here

This is a really weird bug and I'm not sure how to best explain it. But the Australia Map was Steam checking and failing about half my squad when they were joining a map on Chernarus, Thirsk, Podagorsk or Takistan. I'm not sure how many more maps they would have got kicked from but after those 4 maps we just conceded to play on Altis until we found the reason they were getting kicked.

We went through every mod we had and ended up with Australia map as the culprit. We removed Australia from our mod list and low and behold everyone could once again join every map. We added it back in and people started getting steam checked and kicked when joining missions on Chernarus (we didn't test the other maps but assume they were once again broken).

We are all running the latest version ArmA 3, the initial version of Australia all on a hosted dedicated server. Our Mod list is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vcZ7KNCqdBP6dw0UR3INpFFCplCttvEHymldxO2g5qk/edit#gid=0

All the other mods work fine and no one has any troubles. But for some reason Australia was having a negative affect on other maps. Weird I know.