Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

Just played around with it, good job man! Really looking at putting this on our server.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Please check first post for updated link to new download. Ive added server keys and Signed all addons now. The bisigned files have been labelled 001 so any updates will be be 002,003 etc so server admins will know to only use the latest signed files.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

New try: :)

Is it possible that you provide some screenshots? The screens on your website are massive in pixel size so I was hoping maybe you could provide some smaller images and easier downloadable than having to go into the website code to find the direct url?

Awesome map. Really good job.Will be great for life type gamemode. Besides bugs i hope you will fix soon the only one thing your really need to add to map is caktuses in deserts and make sand more pale not so red.

cactus-desert-landscape-16735642.jpg

@JustFacepalm2, the deserts in Australia are red sand and we don't have cacti.

Lets Americanize it...

I like the cactus thou.

I hope you're kidding.

It's finally nice to see an accurate (despite the scale of course) picture of Australia's diverse landscape. It would be awesome to see it cut down into smaller sections and constructed to BIS's standards be their professional team (no offence AUS i love this mod) to fully emphasize the size and diversity of Australia.

But I have to admit. This terrain is awesome and immersive.

Through us a pm if you want an help with anything (not the best modeller but can code like a charm) and I know a little about the signing etc of the mods. I'm happy to help out testing new versions of the map too just let us know. Again, top notch work bud. Keep it up :)

are the trucks in your screenshots part of the mod?

Edited by david2212

Hi Aussie,

Loving what you are doing here, this map has potential for awesome fun when up and running as a 'Life' server. I used to do level design for CS1.5 and even did an Aussie themed map (as pathetic as it seems to me when i look back now de_outback was created when i had a monitor with 'colour saturation' issues so everything is over colorful) this game engine and Aussie's work i can see this could become very popular for 'shits and giggles' for us Aussie's being immersed in familiar territories and of course the rest of the world who also love the idea of Australia.

Just want to say Hi for now and say i'm interested in playing this and possibly getting involved in it's development should i actually be able to get my head around it all after all these years since my studies in game dev and mapping.

A few ideas i think would make a significant addition to the overall experience to Aussieland;

- Kangaroos.. there are 3d models out there already, just need the creators perhaps to get the animations for it and then an Arma3 scripter or what have you to make them an entity in game that will become a sight and a threat to dusk and dawn road travel. I'm thinking you would create 'zones' where they would be found.

- I would love some old air-cooled kombi or beetle's as vehicles of choice. Like the old song goes "Travelling in a fried out kombi..."

One thing to note is i don;t think it is a good idea to start using actual company brand names and logos as it'll bite you in the end.

that's all for now... happy to get to know the community and may get involved at a later date :)

Cheers mate!

- Zen

Edited by ZenMicro

Whaaaoooouuuu ! :eek:

Great Project ! 1600 km² !

I hope to play soon Epoch on Australian Island.

adding Kangaroo on the island would be a great idea.

Congratulations and good luck to all the develop- team for the rest of the project .

Stephnet

You're alone? I thought there was a team working on this map :P

Also outta curiosity, that amazing police station, it has a lot of locked doors(the door model that has a scanner/keypad near the handle), there's no option to open these. Not sure if this was done on purpose for RP, if so, how does one open these by scripts? Or are the doors unfinished yet and lacking the action to open them?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

After DePBOing some of the buildings files I found the police station and within config.cpp I found the condition to use the locked doors

condition = "((this animationPhase 'Door_2') < 0.5) && ((player getVariable ['copLevel',0]) > 0)";

So in order to open the doors in the police station you need to use SetVariable to set the 'copLevel' variable to anything that is more than 0, so 1 for instance.

player setVariable ["copLevel",1,true]; would do the trick. Just confirmed it works ;)

I hope that it stays this way, it's smart to have a variable that limits access, as one could not limit specific door access easily by mission script, now that we know how its done I recommend it gets documented somewhere though :p

Kind regards,

Sanchez

drove from Darwin to Adelaide(I live in Adelaide) with an offroad and a pub with no beer playing, and it only took about 15 to 20 minutes :cool:

and I would recommend rename tailem bend to Murray bridge because it look more in the place where Murray bridge is well that and there no bridge in tailem bend, and I would all so recommend moving the hospital in Adelaide from it current location to the dot on the map below, it there in RL, but on the contrary the map it GREAT!

F8111FBBD1050C7EF95F3F6248698B0CF9604B00

10 Minutes latter....I mark out all the road with corresponding name that are in RL:D

1A4D2800DC3B87221BA216CE5AE23DAB5EA01FF5

Edited by Aussie Digger

Just tested the map out a bit, I must say I'm impressed by the size and the fact that you made a map of a real world continent very nicely done!

Great Work! 1 question ZEUS compatibility?

How would it not be ZEUS compatible?

After DePBOing some of the buildings files I found the police station and within config.cpp I found the condition to use the locked doors

condition = "((this animationPhase 'Door_2') < 0.5) && ((player getVariable ['copLevel',0]) > 0)";

So in order to open the doors in the police station you need to use SetVariable to set the 'copLevel' variable to anything that is more than 0, so 1 for instance.

player setVariable ["copLevel",1,true]; would do the trick. Just confirmed it works ;)

I hope that it stays this way, it's smart to have a variable that limits access, as one could not limit specific door access easily by mission script, now that we know how its done I recommend it gets documented somewhere though :p

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thanks I will ammend first post to include (can confirm working) :)

Great !! - downloading now - thanks

Any mp servers running this map?

I've been following this since it's announcement on MANW, super excited it's finally released! I think this has potential to be one of the best Arma maps made.

However I've been playing around, and I've noticed I'm getting a ton of errors with missing buildings and road textures. I have the exact same missing road textures on OFM Uhao. Most of these were taken near Brisbane and Perth. What could I be missing? http://imgur.com/a/TpnS2

I'll start peeling addons I have installed out one by one to narrow it down, but that will take me some time and I'm hoping whatever's incompatible isn't something I really like using.

Edited by Blacksheep81

Congrats on the release mate. So good to see this finally released.

Cant wait to get home tonight and check it out.

hey mate god to see you still about, I'm about to add your MCG for next update just gotta figure out where to put it lol

Hello mate, I noticed that no one has posted any footage yet so I thought I'd pop some up of a quick chopper tour. The island is staggering in terms of its size and a monumental acheivement on your behalf. I could imagine that long range land rover patrols of the type undertaken by the LRDG during WW11 could be run with ease on this map and could easily cover many hours or days of immersive and compelling game play. I think this map is a big winner - great work!

thanks Dave top video !! any chance you can get some higher altitude stuff too?

Usually i dont like big maps, but honestly, this one is so awesome haha... There's something about those big sand dunes that is so artistic good job :D