Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

Looks great and I am jumping on now to drop in a few quick units to see how it works with the AI pathfinding on my end. If it is good then I may use this for a COOP mission in the near future provided it can get indexed for ALiVE.

Other than the buildings and vegetation that's floating above the terrain, from a distance, the locations are immediately captivating. The do "feel" like the iconic real world locations, and that's a big achievement.

Framerates in the cities were a substantial issue. With just my avatar in the map, turning him about resulted in major choppiness.

I loved the 1 story residential homes (the ones with the working garage). Said structure is too "clean" and pristine though. The exterior and interior needs some texture work to make them look more weathered and lived in. Also, while inside these structures, one can see the shadows from the vegetation outside showing through the walls.

Overall, a very solid start. Keep up the great work.

Can i request a server key please ? some dodgy people like to do dodgy things on MP games :)

Can i request a server key please ? some dodgy people like to do dodgy things on MP games :)

Check the addons folder. Not all addons are signed unfortunately.

WOW man,is big,asowe map,is amazing,well done man,good jod,:yay::yay::yay:

Thanks for the kind words it's nice to finally have it released and I will continue to develop it as I feel I have alot more work to add.

As for not all addons being signed, please read first post the reason is explained. If no signed addons is an issue I can sign them.

Server key, I thought I added one to the rar package?

Float buildings and plants - please post map coords so I can fix in next update.

As a community project I thought Xcam prefab contributions made by the community could be an excellent way to get the Island populated quicker and give a really good diverse build design, So if you feel like helping by building army bases or perhaps even small towns or even airports, anything you think could enhance the island, I know there are a few towns that I havent really worked on much e.g Tailem Bend, you can send me the exported prefab which I can hardcode onto the island in future updates.

Server key, I thought I added one to the rar package?

I'm not seeing one for the whole terrain, australia.bikey

I see some addons have their own but not one for the full package.

The ausisland.bikey is for the island i'll do the rest so their all signed. Havent signed keys before so still trying to work the process :)

A big congratulations mate, just been spending the last little while flying around checking it all out. I must say it is freaking Epic. Obviously there are some significant glitches here and there, but that is to be expected.

The sheer scale of the project is very impressive. I love all the little details like Murder King, the Police stations and Telstra pay phones, they certainly made me smile.

Well done on the project mate, well done. I hope you continue to work on the project and get the support you need to make the Australia map as impressive and as polished as say Bornholm or even SMD Sahrani.

Some higher quality textures and lighting would be amazing.

I hope this doesn't offend but I kind of hope Bohemia fund the project and get their graphics design team working on it and make it the map for the upcoming expansion. Certainly the main framework and the majority of the work has been done. It just needs that design studio polish and it would be the greatest ArmA map of all time.

One quick think that would be great to add soon that I think you could do somewhat easily is to improve the ambient sound. While the kookaburra call is cool i didn't notice any wind noise, cricket chirps or really anything else. This made the cities feel like REAL ghost town which was cool, but over all the maps lacked a bit of atmosphere. Im sure if you ripped off the Altis sounds and added the kookaburra sounds on top it would be perfect.

I have made a Zeus / MCC Template mission titles "Tactical Australia" that features the Australian Defence Force Uncut Mod and RHS Escalation mod.

I will upload it in a short while so users of your map can jump into some cool Zeus / MCC custom games and have a good play around on the map.

Can someone put some pictures of the map?

Especially the big cities please?

Thanks!

Congrats on the release! Will be checking this one out.

Love this island. Any plans for a bigger military base? Something that could support larger aircraft? Like a joint-base between RAAF and US Military. pro 2035 :)

Edited by fullerpj

Wow Aus...that is truely excellent work man. Other than a few floating city object placements (I think Brisbane town center) it is extremely well fleshed out.

Great Job sir,

B

hey guys plans are for more army bases, bigger airports etc I am only one man so I can only do so much :( Get Xcam and start building prefabs then I can hardcode them onto the island :)

Hey all sorry for the delay in getting the Server keys and sig's to you, I've encountered some issues with a couple of the addons which I'm working on getting fixed. Thanks to TheKnightTemplar and PK Richie for their assistance

Edited by Aus
typo

Have set this up on All Out Warfare - runs well.

All Out Warfare on AUSTRALIA Map or 116.251.198.24:2320

Only issues seem to be in cities, a lot of broken shadows and fps drops. Some shadows are blockish, some just bleed through buildings.

Server open to public. If you do come in set the tasks and missions up at flag pole. Have some fun and explore this fantastic map.

Edited by jungleNZ

LOL nice

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

Have set this up on All Out Warfare - runs well.

Only issues seem to be in cities, a lot of broken shadows and fps drops. Some shadows are blockish, some just bleed through buildings.

All in all thou, lovin it! Might open up server for others to test on. Will see tomorrow.

Thats why we need some good high quality custom buildings,

New mod v1.0-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Aus , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

A heads up guys my groups Tactical Map Pack has been uploaded to include ZGM / MCC Tactical Australia.

Tactical Australia is what I consider the ultimate Zeus / MCC Template for the most dynamic custom missions you can have on your new map. Including a whole host of default settings to get Zeus missions up and running as fast as possible without the Zeus game masters having to spend loads of time fiddling around with mission settings.

For more information and how to download the ZGM / MCC Tactical Australia mission to compliment this awesome new map check out this link:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?190079-Tactical-Map-Pack-The-Ultimate-Zeus-MCC-Template-Missions-RHS

hey guys plans are for more army bases, bigger airports etc I am only one man so I can only do so much :( Get Xcam and start building prefabs then I can hardcode them onto the island :)

You're alone? I thought there was a team working on this map :P

Also outta curiosity, that amazing police station, it has a lot of locked doors(the door model that has a scanner/keypad near the handle), there's no option to open these. Not sure if this was done on purpose for RP, if so, how does one open these by scripts? Or are the doors unfinished yet and lacking the action to open them?

Kind regards,

Sanchez