Auss

Australia Version 5.09 Release

Welcome to Australia island addon for Arma3 VERSION 5.09 

This island took many years to complete, Ive worked on it when I have had free time I hope you like it,

To enable entry to Police stations use the following code in the Debug console window

player setVariable ["copLevel",1,true];

Some Pics finally

CSrDJI8.jpg

Wy0WoD9.jpg

Vd8VCYt.jpg

VtMMUIF.jpg

VSSBKAJ.jpg

Zqjn28W.jpg

pKkIhE3.jpg

dwmGePl.jpg

0t74Ijl.jpg

eUhbGxW.jpg

XsLyKRw.jpg

GL9zqMy.jpg

c9nu4ds.jpg

Mpdel0z.jpg

5.09 CHANGES -

Various sat and mask improvements

3 new Houses

2 new Suburbs ( one in Sydney and one in Brisbane)

New industrial area in Brisbane

several road changes (removed sharp bend on road leading into Sydney)

replaced Perth containers with Apex containers

Replaced Melbourne Docks with Apex Dock pieces

Fixed clothing store spamming RPT

This version no longer requires CUP, If you want to run the island with CUP addons incase you have other islands that need it, make sure to load @australia BEFORE CUP

NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM 

-------------------Bugs--------------------------

AI dont like 3 roads, 2 roads near the Large Bridge as they have steep ascents.
Dirt road in Perth which runs along mountain top

AI will path find well in open or flat areas, they seem to NOT like steep hills and will try to drive offroad to avoid the hills. I have watched AI travel alround the map the only real problem areas are Sydney, and the dam roads north of Queensland.

Try to avoid sending your AI into the cities.

Big Thanks to the following people 

- Jordon (eagledude4) thanks for all your help over the last coupla months mate very much appreciated!!

- Modest@ Modest gaming - thanks mate we've had a good laugh on the streams and TS
- Smug (DEADdem) - Thanks for you advice and models you sent me!!!

- Poolpunk for allowing me to use his objects and Marker packs thanks mate.
- Silola and his team for making Xcam.
- Bern (Walshy) maker of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- luki for Pool and elevator
- Bergoff for the desert tree pack.

- Dwight Leroy - Carpet idea and addon

- Fatkidslov3cak3 for sending me prefabs.

- The CUP Team 

- The Catalina guys for releasing their building source files thanks you!!

- MikePhoenix85 for creating Letter/mailbox, thanks mate it looks awesome
- Mattaust 

- Hill gaming - Sliding doors

***Twitch Crew for watching and play testing*** (love having you guys on chat we have a blast)

All the people who have donated so far thanks very much it means alot.

--------------------------------------------------------

Lastly please remember Australia is a very large continent with most of it covered by desert Ive tried to recreate the "ambience" or feel. The cities are in noway similar to the real cities but Ive tried to add as much detail to the map as I could. I still have alot of work to do and if you can help in any way by donating money or time (to make new buildings) that would be awesome!!

Aus
aussmeister@gmail.com

• Like 5

Thanks for the release! I've been excited to try this since it was first announced.

Awesome, awesome work Aussie, we are very grateful for your work

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

PS:

Is it possible that you provide some screenshots? The screens on your website are massive in pixel size so I was hoping maybe you could provide some smaller images and easier downloadable than having to go into the website code to find the direct url?

Hi Aus,

absolutly amazing work, my friend.

You've not created a simple map, but a huge continent ... incredible :notworthy:

Many thanks !!

Silola

Thank you for your map. Looks really good !!

BTW I'm using A3MP and I can still run the island , so it seems All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP) is not needed if you already use A3MP.

Yeah! Finaly!

But: All in Arma? =( hmpf

Dude, this one is blowing me away right now.

It got a very unique feel, is huge and still fairly detailed in the "right" places.

Got some FPS drops here and there but... hey.

Amazing work, buddy!

Congrats, outstanding stuff bud.

Was a pleasure testing and watching the stream. This map is awesome and has a great future ahead of itself.

Congrats on the release - thread moved to the ADDONS & MODS-COMPLETE section :)

Amazing looking terrain Aus, job well done buddy :D

Great work Aus. Took a lttlebird for a run around the coast. Absolutely awesome. Keep up the great work.

Awesome island, but whenever I'm in a town using custom buildings, my FPS drops almost to 0. Places like Pine Gap or Tailem bend or even the huge forests on NE and SW ends of the islands are ok for me.

Awesome island, but whenever I'm in a town using custom buildings, my FPS drops almost to 0. Places like Pine Gap or Tailem bend or even the huge forests on NE and SW ends of the islands are ok for me.

me too ! and i've noticed that the grass (arma1 and dry grass) is the ultimate fps killer , but nice island ;)

Such awesome map, I hope you will continue development.

I have some strange performancedrops on 1-2 citys, e.g. the city on the western part of the map. Goes down to 14 fps. On other parts i have 120fps like the desert ;) Looks overall good, perhaps the 2-3 main citys could be a bit bigger. On such a big map theses citys looks like a farmers place ;)

Could someone post screenshots of the map itself and some interesting areas so far? My gaming computer is dead and I've been dying to see how this has come along for ages. Any posted shots are super appreciated. And to Aus and his team, congrats on first release!

The more I look into this map, the more I'm wowed by it. It's a pretty special feeling to have your home country recognisable in one of your favourite games. I'm also pleased that you seem to take the time to test the things that you do, as there have been many maps that I've tested and thought, "Has this person even played on their own map much?"

What's even more impressive is the scale that you're achieving here, and with the amount of time you've evidently worked on this I imagine that's been no trivial feat. Much respect to you, and congratulations on this public release. I hope you get all the support you deserve going forward.

• Like 1

The fps drops seems to relate Picture-in-Picture at least for me.