Sign in to follow this  
ob-andy

[WIP] Kelley's Island

This is the first look at my map Kelley's Island. This is a 4.5km x 4.15km island in the United States. I'm hoping when we're done with it we'll be able to release it to the public.

I have LONG way to go but I wanted to share my excitement of a interesting work in progress. I hope to be done by the end of the summer but I'm not sure I can meet that deadline solo. Have some great testers with me at OrgoByte.com but I'm the only dev working on the terrain. I've been streaming my terrain building on Twitch if you want to check it out some time. www.twitch.tv/orgo_andy I hope to give this map back to the players just as all the knowledge i've got from the community of builders. Too often communities take and never give back.

I'd like to thank some people so far that's helped me learn terrain building, CypeRevenge got me off my feet and pushed me to learn more. All the guys in the Terrain building Skype channel. (Thanks Schultz for inviting me) Mapbuilder for making object placement easy. Mikero tools for crunching my map with ease.

Kelley's Island Gallery 6-6-2015

Thanks GPS I cant wait to see how many people download it when its finished!

Looks intresting, is it going to be as close as possible to real island or you will add something more?

im adding 4 block in the middle of the island and 4 block in the north eastern corner for towns.

Little update as I began building Union City (main town) today. It's a tiny update but wanted to keep everyone posted. I'm 100% complete on heightfield so i'll be adding objects daily.

http://imgur.com/a/904gc