Sign in to follow this  
stilton

How do you get to dev branch these days then?

I am retarded, but these forums are not easy to use.

There are 9 stickied threads... :rolleyes:

Some of them have to do with Battleye... There is a battleye forum? Is it helpful (or infact distracting) to have these displayed in every forum?

I resolved my issue, it was because i am retarded, but i stand by my complaint...

I hope at the very least my superfluously ironic elucidation highlights the transparency of this conundrum.

Edited by Stilton

I am retarded, but these forums are not easy to use.

There are 9 stickied threads... :rolleyes:

Some of them have to do with Battleye... There is a battleye forum? Is it helpful (or infact distracting) to have these displayed in every forum?

I resolved my issue, it was because i am retarded, but i stand by my complaint...

I hope at the very least my superfluously ironic elucidation highlights the transparency of this conundrum.

Ha to be honest, i have had to show a lot of Arma players... vets... how to do this. in fact none of them were even aware that there was such a thing. maybe a gentle reminder on the launcher, "hey wanna come see all the cool upcoming features , sounds , improvements and help with feedback ... come join on Dev branch. maybe a way to launch Dev branch from the arma launcher or place there clearer instructions for the average beer drinking man.

Ha to be honest, i have had to show a lot of Arma players... vets... how to do this. in fact none of them were even aware that there was such a thing. maybe a gentle reminder on the launcher, "hey wanna come see all the cool upcoming features , sounds , improvements and help with feedback ... come join on Dev branch. maybe a way to launch Dev branch from the arma launcher or place there clearer instructions for the average beer drinking man.

But still never said how to select it :p

Click Steam > Library > right mouse click on ArmA 3 and select properties > click the 'betas' tab > change the drop down tab to select 'developement - Developement Build' (see screen shot http://i.imgur.com/JwLynmX.png )

That's it, wait while it downloads the different files :)

Sigh,

Yeah i know that's how you do it lads...

..So i did that, but it wouldnt let me click the dropdown... so i (as usual) started to rage-the-fuck-out... and i thought in my moment of insanity:

"Ah perhaps they have kind of 'locked it away' to keep retards like myself from hurting themselves"

..So i thought i needed to put in a code, like you do to get access to the legacy builds.

..The truth of the matter is (the punchline) is that i was alt-tabbed out of the game anyway, and had the launcher running too... So, obviously steam wouldnt let me change build whilst the game is actually running.

*face 2 desk*

lmao, yep that'll do it, also even having the launcher open will block you :)