Sign in to follow this  
cobrosstuidos

Dedicated server makes night-time brighter, why?

In the local editor I have it really dark and foggy, but when I port it over to the dedicated server it's not as foggy and no where near as dark. Why? Do I need to script something?

well I have an area trigger down with the set fog array and in local editor it sets the fog to really foggy. But when I load it onto the dedicated server the fog is no where near as foggy. And I have in the intel it set at 00:00 time and it's PITCH BLACK, but in the dedicated server it's no where near as dark for some reason.

Are there any mission parameters being set on the server that change the time of day maybe?

No other parameters. Are there any scripts that force the fog/overcast/night?

fat chance the fog problem is because its pretty much fubar in MP environment, been busted pretty good for a while now, never got fixed.

you'll need to use BIS_fnc_MP to sync it across all clients so it properly functions.

fat chance the fog problem is because its pretty much fubar in MP environment, been busted pretty good for a while now, never got fixed.

you'll need to use BIS_fnc_MP to sync it across all clients so it properly functions.

How would I use that? (In making it night-time and foggy). Do I need new SQF files? Googling "BIS_fnc_MP weather" it shows next to nothing on the subject. Just a lot of JIP text tutorials.

How would I use that? (In making it night-time and foggy). Do I need new SQF files? Googling "BIS_fnc_MP weather" it shows next to nothing on the subject. Just a lot of JIP text tutorials.

BIS_fnc_MP is a function that lets you send things across the network. You can use it to send specific fog parameters inside an array to clients then have them do setFog so everybody has it exactly the same.

syntax is in the link:

BIS_fnc_MP is a function that lets you send things across the network. You can use it to send specific fog parameters inside an array to clients then have them do setFog so everybody has it exactly the same.

syntax is in the link:

thanks. I'll give her a shot and come back with the results.

This has me confused.

[[[],"playerConnected.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",false,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Do I execute this line of code in an area trigger or in the missions init file?

This has me confused.

[[[],"playerConnected.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",false,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

Do I execute this line of code in an area trigger or in the missions init file?

do it in the mission init file (though either one works)