Sign in to follow this  
billwa

Help big time please

So I want to figure out how to take every East and Resistance unit placed on my map and move them to a marker or a point without waypoints because new NPCS spawn. I also need it to loop because of the re spawning NPCS

Problem is that I can't figure out how to do it.

I really tried looking for 3 hours and a day. It found nothing helpful.

Please help.

Thanks

I'm going to try and make this a little more clear.

I spawn units via the FML horror pack and they do spawn once I code them into the spawners but that is not the problem (These are not zombies ; I'm just spawning generic east riflemen). I just want to see them attack me and my allies (group) but I've looked everywhere and couldn't yet find a solution.

Thanks

- Billwa

I'm not familiar with that mod but, if I understand this right, you want the zombies (or any other placeholder units) to move to a given marker when they spawn. Is that correct?

If so, to issue move orders you would use something like:

(group zombie1) move getMarkerPos "myMarker"

where zombie1 is the name of the zombie leader and "myMarker" is the name of the marker you want the group to move to.

If you want to move them to the position of the player you could use:

(group zombie1) move (getPos vehicle player)

If you want this mission to be multiplayer, you should name the player units first (say, p1, p2, etc) and then use:

(group zombie1) move (getPos vehicle p1)

or whatever player you want them to move towards

You would place that line in the script you use to spawn the units. Anyway, FML might have specific scripts or parameters you can use to specify a custom init line when a unit or group spawns (to set initial orders to spawned units, which is what we're dealing with here). In that case, it'd be better to use that method.

As for attacking, make sure the zombies are set to an enemy side. West if players are East or East if players are West. If the zombies are of side Resistance, then you must first set their allegiance in the mission properties (the screen where you set the time of the mission, etc, at the bottom). You would probably want to set Resistance to be friendly to Nobody in this case (just note that Resistance allegiance also affects allegiance of armed civilians).

Edited by kenoxite
added link