dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Let's put some bushes down the water shall we?

Probably a mangrove forest or something similar.

Beautiful! Finally a proper archipelago for boats to be of use :D And that jungle looked a lot thicker than I expected. Personally I think this will be very refreshing to the series.

And of course, DX12, brilliant! Looking much forward to further news about the content that we can expect.

Why did they show the excavator with so much attention...?

Robot Wars DLC Confirmed

Besides i think it's going to be multiple islands like an archipelago.

If they don't expand amphibious warfare i'm gonna be pissed.

Not just an excavator, but also a heavy mining truck!

Probably a mangrove forest or something similar.

Oh yeah, I was expecting that excuse, except that mangrove trees can't live in saltwater. (they can live in saltwater, but not OCEAN SALT WATER)

Aliens still have taken all the furniture.

Wha..? I was so hoping for furniture :( When did they say that?

I have to see that this new terrain seems to bring all I ever wanted since the first day I played OFP (on release day).

An archipelago with different islands to jump from one to other, with all the possibilities that it adds (infantry, airborne, amphibious and sea combat).

As a mission maker it adds tons of possibilities history wise compared to the boring flat too-big Altis.

Walk, swim, drive, fly, and sail your way across over 100 km² of the South Pacific archipelago.

I have big hopes for these ones.

He did mention that players will have to consider new approaches....by water or even underwater

I have to see that this new terrain seems to bring all I ever wanted since the first day I played OFP (on release day).

An archipelago with different islands to jump from one to other, with all the possibilities that it adds (infantry, airborne, amphibious and sea combat).

As a mission maker it adds tons of possibilities history wise compared to the boring flat too-big Altis.

Only in a $15.99 fee to continue having fun!

Only in a $15.99 fee to continue having fun!

Is that price confirmed, is it only gonna be $16? It's almost a robbery.

Nobody mentioned the excavator? Digging and terrain deformation confirmed. :D Not really, would be nice to have subterranean facilities though.

Anyone can confirm this, i bet this can't be happen

Anyone can confirm this, i bet this can't be happen

I can almost guarantee you that that is not the case.

EDIT: by the above I mean that I doubt that you can dig into the ground. I just want to make sure that I was conveying that because the wording might be confusing.

Edited by Jakerod

I can almost guarantee you that that is not the case.

It's likely just to show off attention to details of objects and what not.

Oh yeah, I was expecting that excuse, except that mangrove trees can't live in saltwater. (they can live in saltwater, but not OCEAN SALT WATER)

Wikipedia disagrees with you (not that it is the best source but it's late and I don't really care)

The saline conditions tolerated by various mangrove species range from brackish water, through pure seawater (30 to 40 ppt (parts per thousand)), to water concentrated by evaporation to over twice the salinity of ocean seawater (up to 90 ppt).

Aye, more likely is that "digging" will work like it did with Iron Front, defensive fighting positions actually being on/above ground level with dirt surrounding them, if there's any at all.

Nice vegetation. What is up with the dingy airport though? It looks like a smuggler's wet dream :) It's the future... it needs more neons/plastic white surfaces.

Also please do behave :o

Edited by Maio

Aye, more likely is that "digging" will work like it did with Iron Front, defensive fighting positions actually being on/above ground level with dirt surrounding them, if there's any at all.

I doubt there is even that.

I saw me some stuttering going on during the presentation, and I do presume it was recorded from a ultra-high-end BIS-monster for gaming rig.

I hope DirectX 12 is going to allow for Multi-core usage in A3. The game definitely could use that.. Other then my fears of it being an FPS-hog, nice presentation, but way too short to my liking.

Would've loved to see more of the architectural diversity of the buildings, but I hope to see a resistance-variant of that propellor-plane with guns blazing, and some bombs under the wings..

But for sure, it truly IS an expansion though, for we already have the tourist-class of civilians from current A3. Now they don't stand out anymore, just stand in the way of fighting. :P

Nice vegetation. What is up with the dingy airport through? It looks like a smuggler's wet dream :) It's the future... it needs more neons/plastic white surfaces.

It's the mission maker wet dream IMHO. It gives all the ingredients missing from all other OFP / Arma terrains.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63614702/ok3.JPG

Let's put some bushes down the water shall we?

I hope you know, there are water bushes IRL in certain biomes. I'm certain they're not called Water bushes, but there are certain plants that grow just like that, and that makes the Terrain look, and feel that so much more amazing and real. Love it.

Also, to all those saying this is going to be the leggiest map ever, just look at the video, in it's full FPS. Also, i don't think BIS would have added water reflection if they knew that an already dense jungle environment was going to make a serious impact on FPS. Plus DX12 though.

This is a mistake. I shouldn't have watched the video. Now i'll be stuck with this amazing arse image in my head for a year before i can even touch it. SHIT!

This is a mistake. I shouldn't have watched the video. Now i'll be stuck with this amazing arse image in my head for a year before i can even touch it. SHIT!

It's gonna be a long, long, long, long year... I can only dream of a beta release a few months before, you know to help them testing the island and so on. Kind of an early release :P

May the BI Gods listen to me.

- - -

Any idea of what Archipelago is this terrain based on?

Wait will you have to pay for this shit?

no of course not they are slaves who don't have any cost of living, family, needs or desires.

Nice vegetation. What is up with the dingy airport though? It looks like a smuggler's wet dream :) It's the future... it needs more neons/plastic white surfaces.
Most likely for the benefit of anyone who can place it anywhere else, but from a story POV it's most likely geographically-uneven economic development. "Smuggler's wet dream​" sounds about right...

Most likely for the benefit of anyone who can place it anywhere else, but from a story POV it's most likely geographically-uneven economic development. "Smuggler's wet dream​" sounds about right...

Looks more like a backwater for sure. No international airports this time.