dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

You really love the Navy don´t you? I can understand it though, I´m too :yay:

In Arma 3? Only when it makes sense, yes. It just turn out that it's the perfect time to fix up a dead side of Arma 3. I'm not talking full blown Navy, but everything from Medium Naval assets and smaller. We don't need large battleships, just those to make Gameplay unique, interesting, and different, as well as having it possible to actually get around without heli's.

In Arma 3? Only when it makes sense, yes. It just turn out that it's the perfect time to fix up a dead side of Arma 3. I'm not talking full blown Navy, but everything from Medium Naval assets and smaller. We don't need large battleships, just those to make Gameplay unique, interesting, and different, as well as having it possible to actually get around without heli's.

Well I´m hoping for a static LHD and a LCU. Also I´m pretty sure they will add something like a patrol boat. Other then that a "Navy" wouldn´t find much use in Arma anyway.

Other then that a "Navy" wouldn´t find much use in Arma anyway.

How is so? Small navy ships like corvettes could work as both a platform for amphibious and airborne assaults and as artillery support in the same way artillery pieces work in Arma 3 (both with naval guns and missiles).

How is so? Small navy ships like corvettes could work as both a platform for amphibious and airborne assaults and as artillery support in the same way artillery pieces work in Arma 3 (both with naval guns and missiles).

Yeah but other than that most ships have a range of hundreds of Kilometres which is way to far for Arma scales. A small corvett would be nice though

Well I´m hoping for a static LHD and a LCU. Also I´m pretty sure they will add something like a patrol boat. Other then that a "Navy" wouldn´t find much use in Arma anyway.

Hahahaha, you are sadly mistaken. You couldn't be any more wrong.

Yeah but other than that most ships have a range of hundreds of Kilometres which is way to far for Arma scales. A small corvett would be nice though

Not really.

Naval artillery can be used at short distances (even few hundred meters) and some of the naval missiles same can be used at short ranges of 5-10 km from the target (as is artillery in Arma 3).

Basically naval artillery + missiles would work exactly like ground artillery in Arma but on the sea.

Edited by MistyRonin

Not really. Naval artillery can be used at short distances (even few hundred meters) and some of the naval missiles same can be used at short ranges of 3-5 km from the target (as is artillery in Arma 3).

That the cannon can be used is obvious, didn´t know about the missiles though. Thank you for clearing that up.

@DarkSide I know that Naval Forces are important, espacially Amphibious Units and I really don´t so why I am "sadly" mistaken. I just said that I hope for a static LHD and a LCU (which could be used for amphibious operations, and is badly needed for Tanoa.

At least what we have seen so far would make Tanoa a Nightmare for most Vehicles if there is no way to transport them.) Concerning bigger ships on Tanoa, many people (I suppose) including me would love to see them however I think we are wa more likely to end up with Patrol boats since it seems that there is no feasible way of walking on a big ship while it is moving. Well maybe, just maybe, BI will find a engine based solution for that.

Concerning bigger ships on Tanoa, many people (I suppose) including me would love to see them however I think we are wa more likely to end up with Patrol boats since it seems that there is no feasible way of walking on a big ship while it is moving. Well maybe, just maybe, BI will find a engine based solution for that.

There's real futuristic looking corvettes and missile-boats that are less than 50 meters (the A3 vehicle limit), and other ships that are slightly longer but could be shortened for the game (you know, Armaverse). I don't really see the need for bigger moving ships, tho a static LHD or similar would do marvels.

Tho hey, maybe BI will work on that limitations as they did with other stuff like FFV or sling-loading.

That the cannon can be used is obvious, didn´t know about the missiles though. Thank you for clearing that up.

@DarkSide I know that Naval Forces are important, espacially Amphibious Units and I really don´t so why I am "sadly" mistaken. I just said that I hope for a static LHD and a LCU (which could be used for amphibious operations, and is badly needed for Tanoa.

At least what we have seen so far would make Tanoa a Nightmare for most Vehicles if there is no way to transport them.) Concerning bigger ships on Tanoa, many people (I suppose) including me would love to see them however I think we are wa more likely to end up with Patrol boats since it seems that there is no feasible way of walking on a big ship while it is moving. Well maybe, just maybe, BI will find a engine based solution for that.

Oh, hehe sorry. I thought you meant that a Navy wasn't needed to provide a foundation for a pacific mission that is capable of gaining control of Tanoa. But well... Of course we really don't need an entire Navy, we don't need big ships either. Just medium boats, pretty much for transport, logistics, and offense/defensive operations. An LHD would be cool too, but i'd rather prefer things that are actually usable live in gameplay, but seeing how impossible that is with a ship the size of an LHD, a static one would have to do. Unless BIS pulls some kind of dark magic like the guy who made the Cosmic Engine mod. lol

However, don't worry about the moving on ship thing, i've already made a ticket on that with a proven method that can pull it off. If they were to try to make an in Engine version of that feature, it would be game breaking (in a good way), and would provide far more possibilities. The Ticket is only Acknowledged, so they know.

There's real futuristic looking corvettes and missile-boats that are less than 50 meters (the A3 vehicle limit), and other ships that are slightly longer but could be shortened for the game (you know, Armaverse). I don't really see the need for big moving ships, tho a static LHD or similar would do marvels.

Tho hey, maybe BI will work on that limitations as they did with other stuff like FFV or sling-loading.

And these smaller Ships could manouver around the Islands without any Problems. I feel like the only thing that is preventing these kind of things is that ArmA doesn´t support movement on moving objects.

I wonder what the Army gets to do in the Pacific, or if we'll just be seeing Marines.

I wonder what the Army gets to do in the Pacific, or if we'll just be seeing Marines.

That's a good question...

Don't read unless finished Campaign.

But it's technically NATO, so maybe it's like... You know what, i don't know. I heard that the remaining NATO soldiers on Altis were Rag-Tag Engineers taking stuff down and preparing to leave. Then again, it won't matter... They all died to CSAT in the end.

I think the NATO faction represents kind of a US unified gear Armed Forces. After all it wouldn't be the first time that the Army and the Marines wear the same uniform (BDU anyone?)

I think the NATO faction represents kind of a US unified gear Armed Forces. After all it wouldn't be the first time that the Army and the Marines wear the same uniform (BDU anyone?)

I think they want to make the new Scorpion ACU the new unified uniform. Just change the name to like, Joint Combat Uniform or something like that and be good with it.

Of course nobody will read this on page 102. However, why the f has my separate thread if there will be a Tanoa-Beta (or even Alpha) been deleted??

I'm also interested in what camo schemes we can expect. This Scorpion seems to be quite close to MTP / MultiCam. For a jungle area: Tiger stripes, anyone?

I'm more interested in the OPFOR anyway. CSAT troops? Yes, but what camo scheme? Just a relaunch of space suits with Hex camo in different colours? I hope not!

I'm also interested in what camo schemes we can expect. This Scorpion seems to be quite close to MTP / MultiCam. For a jungle area: Tiger stripes, anyone?

I'm more interested in the OPFOR anyway. CSAT troops? Yes, but what camo scheme? Just a relaunch of space suits with Hex camo in different colours? I hope not!

I remain trained on PLAMC Tropical/Adaptive Camo, or maybe BIS is going to make something up. who knows. I would prefer Splinter, or Flek patterns over the standard woodland patterns. That's just me though.

IJust a relaunch of space suits with Hex camo in different colours? I hope not!

please no., Further than that I'm also interested in any local type militia(s) - lots to play with here..

Hey now, i don't think were going to see Canadian forces in the expansion, they're the only ones with active camo cloth currently.

I mean, I made a pretty good CSAT woodland/jungle swatch. It works on existing maps.

I mean, I made a pretty good CSAT woodland/jungle swatch. It works on existing maps.

Don't get me wrong, I like the CSAT Hex camo. But for the expansion some fresh patterns should be applied in my opinion.

I just hope they go for more traditional/contemporary uniform models/gear/weapons, even if in the end they are still fictional factions and camos.

Also i wonder what new interesting locations will be featured.

Altis has the hotel, soccer field with track, a couple castles, the embassy and whatnot.

Who knows, maybe we get another new LHD like the Canberra class the Aussies use.

If the expansion has women, I'll get it. If not ... well, let's just say I'm not thrilled with any fictional universe that is populated exclusively by men.

I wonder if the new prop plane is going to use the same old simple flight model, or if they're going to do something more advanced, like the helicopter AFM.