dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Lol and how much in the last 25 years?

U.S. Forces have been deployed to Africa, Middle East and Europe.

Some of the recent U.S. Military deployments in the Pacific:

Int. Force for East Timor. (East Timor 1999-2000)

Operation Unified Assistance (Thailand, 2004)

Operation Tomodachi (Japan, 2011)

Remember that most of the US forces abroad are deployed in the Pacific.

I really hope they fix the problems arma 3's campaign had. It came so close to being great but fell apart in the 3rd part

Also anyone else really want some naval vehicles now? maybe not for full blown naval combat, but an aircraft carrier and some ships to deploy landing craft could be used to make some awesome D-day style invasion scenarios for multiplayer

I love the setting of a pacific island, but please Bohemia Interactive, this time don't make alien superfuture outerspace star trek opfor look

Island looks nice, especially the dense vegetation, but the clip was short and didn't show anything that wasn't leaked before. But it's also true that it will still take time before it gets released and we will surely see more in-depth info about it as time passes. Personally, I'm hoping for more naval stuff, to make the water element relevant to the game and how it plays.

you can still do shit loads of NAvy seal stuf. Hostage search and rescue, assasnation missions, and if you want full jungle combat you can always come up with a fictional war between the factions

DX12 solves all problems? seems only an excuse to buy windows 10... like phyx in arma 3 seems an excuse to buy nvidia cards

anyways, didn't have to be Mantle to solves all problems for AMD?

Windows 10 will be free for a year and there should be no reason to stay on older Windows

You know that PhysX runs on CPU and NVDIA users not getting any GPU benefits for it?

What % of GPUs does Mantle covers and what % does DX12 cover? Also Mantle is dead

Why not? what exactly do you see that would provoke a WAR and the need for countries to fight over these small islands?
Found it in Tanoa's synopsis: "Nowadays, Tanoa thrives off rich deposits of rare earth metals exported the world over, but controversy and civil unrest have long surrounded these efforts due to the perceived social, economic and environmental impacts of their exploitation."
Yes this is the bit that excites me the most - more modding suppport. Noone plays vanilla arma still do they? seriously ?
Believe it or not, that's me! I'd joke about being "no one", but after this past Sunday's Game of Thrones finale... D:
I'd love to see a proper equipment editor that can deal with JIP for co-op/multiplayer built in.

I'd also love to see Zeus edits saveable to sqm so we can build bases without needing MCC or some other hack.

Didn't that say previously that they're working on a full 3d Editor (i.e. Zeus + 2d Editor combined) for the expansion? To me this is the biggest thing i'm looking forward to in it. :D
The guys behind Zeus have confirmed that work on a 3D editor is ongoing, they're just not hyping it (i.e. as a feature for the Expansion).
U.S. Forces have been deployed to Africa, Middle East and Europe.

Syria, Yemen, Uganda, Lebanon - all places that could provide unique and interesting experiences.

... so the sorts of terrains that Bohemia was actually trying to avoid by picking a "South Pacific archipelago"? "Unlike Chernarus, Takistan, and Altis" was practically a mission statement of theirs with the choice of Expansion terrain.
I love the setting of a pacific island, but please Bohemia Interactive, this time don't make alien superfuture outerspace star trek opfor look
The "alien superfuture outerspace star trek opfor look" may actually predate Arma 3 itself... because Altis itself does!
About buildings that are still intact when there was a war going on, you can use this function here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_destroyCity

From what I understand though apparently current building destruction is a performance-killer...

i also saw some talk about focus on civilians and even frikkin dinos.

The dino reference was a joke, but the old roadmap said that they are looking into giving the civilian side some love in the expansion, something I am really looking forward to.

And while we're talking about the terrain reveal: I know, early stages and so on, but come on, still no inland water ? Give me a break!

The dino reference was a joke, but the old roadmap said that they are looking into giving the civilian side some love in the expansion, something I am really looking forward to.

And while we're talking about the terrain reveal: I know, early stages and so on, but come on, still no inland water ? Give me a break!

+12 also the lights / time of day is weird seems ACR dlc ;)

What can be THAT challenging in implementing inland water?

Dunno. Little and big waterfalls as well as bubbling brooks would be great for immersion and breaking up the landscape over ponds imo -but than again, prefer moving water over cesspools

My guess would be the internal structure of the engine but since the pond meshes are slowly starting to work again, maybe they're trying out some new stuff?

Just one request for the devs if they are, please make them available in the editor so we can put them on Altis? :3

Or they could just make it an Engine thing, else it'd be ugly if we had people placing ponds everywhere just because they can, in fact, i don't even think ponds work that way.

On another note, i've noticed no bridges between islands. You know what that means? The main means of travel is the water ways, of course. This, is AWESOME. Also gives me more reason to suspect something along the lines of.........

http://www.madmaxz.com/wp-content/uploads/Water-Car-the-world%E2%80%99s-fastest-amphibious-vehicle.jpg

http://digital.hammacher.com/Items/12373/12373A_1000x1000.jpg

Or they could just make it an Engine thing, else it'd be ugly if we had people placing ponds everywhere just because they can, in fact, i don't even think ponds work that way.

On another note, i've noticed no bridges between islands. You know what that means? The main means of travel is the water ways, of course. This, is AWESOME. Also gives me more reason to suspect something along the lines of.........

http://www.madmaxz.com/wp-content/uploads/Water-Car-the-world%E2%80%99s-fastest-amphibious-vehicle.jpg

http://digital.hammacher.com/Items/12373/12373A_1000x1000.jpg

That thing looks super fuckin' cool. I want one. Now.

That thing looks super fuckin' cool. I want one. Now.

You think that looks cool? I wonder if they could get the Gibbs Technologies Quadski XL in the game. Would fit everything Arma and the new Terrain is. It's Modern, sleek design, large quadbike rugged offroad, AND speedboat in one.

Oh, and civi's could use it too. They could make versions for law enforcement too.

It would only make sense to have these specific kind of vehicles in a limited number. Seeing as how you get around either by boat, or amphibian, your only other option is by air.

Oh, and for those who are likley to be all like, "Ewwww Civilian stuff"

Well, imagine Gibbs technology on a Strider... Well, that kind design exists.

CONCEPT%20ACC-E%20-%20WATER.jpg

http://www.gibbssports.com/media/cache/42/ac/42acbd6b7ff95c57ebc1e30494edfe0e.jpg

http://cdn.luxatic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/GIBBS-Quadski-Amphibious-ATV-1.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FIzOcJwQ7WA/maxresdefault.jpg

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/Leisure/2009/quadski-xl-dry.jpg

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/RM9lnlZ_KgA/maxresdefault.jpg

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00pjQTvgrcgZbM/800cc-Amphibious-Jet-Ski-Amphibious-ATV.jpg

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

How many misplaced ponds "just because they can" have you seen in Arma 2 where inland water was still possible ?

How many misplaced ponds "just because they can" have you seen in Arma 2 where inland water was still possible ?

Hahaha, good point. None. Then again, i've never seen someone place a pond via. In Game Editor...

Add me to the list of people hopeful for amphibious vehicles. Those ATVs already look like they fit with Arma 3's near-future style.

I wonder if we'll be getting a future Osprey like our future Chinook? Hmm...

I think the map looks really good so far, I'm curious where it's based off however, first thoughts during the reveal trailer was that maybe it's Fiji or something around there. Initially it sounded like it would be a large island with a couple smaller ones, but it's actually a large chain of idk 10+ islands. In game scale is a little smaller so were probably looking for an area 150-200km/sq in the real world. Plus the volcano should help narrow it down a little bit. The map will not feel right without rivers and waterfalls though, it's something I've been hoping for since ARMA 2, that would add so much to not only the beauty of maps but the way we use tactics, supply lines are a huge deal in games, so taking out a bridge on a supply line can really interrupt things, and it also creates choke points, both very important in military tactics. I hope it's coming with new vehicles and campaign story as well, there's too many questions about the device and the ending of the campaign not to expand on it.

Personally I'm really hoping a NATO 50 Cal comes along, the .408 is really weak against vehicles compared to the 50 without using APDS rounds, so NATO could use an equivalent to it, also the .408 takes a lot of rounds to take out the rotor or engine on a Kajman, it would be really useful for that as well. All I know is the map looks to be just about done, and there's no way that it takes 6 months just to work out the bugs so there has to be more that they are doing in regards to content for the new map.

I hope the next map we get is Kamchatka Peninsula, that would be an amazing terrain with snow and lava, set among huge mountains like having Takistan with snow and volcanos. If they did that it could easily be the most stunning terrain they've ever done, and they could still set it along a coast for any naval warfare, which I've heard rumors about with the new islands. People have pointed out getting equipment to islands like those ones would likely take large ships like a carrier, maybe they'll do a new NATO Fighter Jet for Air to Air combat and a carrier to launch it off, that would make this the best expansion so far in ARMA 3. How cool would it be to spawn in on a carrier like BF on Wake and fly to the AO in helos. I mean to me that's a dream come true in ARMA, but it would have to be a driveable carrier to really get the most out of it.

I wonder if we'll be getting a future Osprey like our future Chinook? Hmm...

+1

Futuristic Apache and Pave Low V would be great too