dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Why not? what exactly do you see that would provoke a WAR and the need for countries to fight over these small islands?

Uhm, the fact that the Chinese PLA and Pentagon are beefing their troops in the Pacific, specially focusing on amphibious warfare in small islands, should make you think... You know that the Pacific is full of important resources and sea trade lines right?

Why would the US keep so many military forces in small islands then? (Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Midway, Wake, Hawaii, Johnston Atoll, Baker, Howland, and Jarvis Islands, Kingman Reef, etc.). Not talking about their bases in the Japanese islands or Philippines...

Same happens with France, UK, etc.

(Reuters) Obama’s pivot to Asia faces a changing Chinese military

(The Telegraph) US will shift focus from Middle East to Asia Pacific, Barack Obama declares

Barack Obama has pledged to expand America's military in the Asia Pacific as a "top priority" as he declared the US intends to shift its focus from the Middle East.
But Arma3 doesnt have anything from ww2 now does it?

A3 has US & CSAT, which even in the main vanilla game told you that are focusing in the Pacific islands for a possible big war... Heck even the mission in Altis was being canceled to sent more people to the Pacific...

CSAT2.png

It could, but it hasn't nor are there any major signs that it will. And sure you have marines, but who are they going to fight on these islands that would make any sense? CSAT? And again arma can't do tracked amphibious vehicles stopping pretty much any amphibious assault vehicles from being used to their full potential(AAVs and BMPs anyone?)

If it wasn't because BI already said that they will add amphibious tracked vehicles (they even said that they have devs working on that months ago)... :rolleyes:

BTW AAV & BMPs are already on A3 addons, you just need to wait until BI to finish the amphibious support.

Edited by MistyRonin

Someone ^^^ didn't watch the presentation... :)

Meh. I'm aware of the Jurassic Mod. It's ok, it's no "Ark Surrvival" though. =P That's going to be interesting though... Jungle at night...

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Uhm, the fact that the Chinese PLA and Pentagon are beefing their troops in the Pacific, specially focusing on amphibious warfare in small islands, should make you think... You know that the Pacific is full of important resources and sea trade lines right?

Why would the US keep so many military forces in small islands then? (Guam, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Midway, Wake, Hawaii, Johnston Atoll, Baker, Howland, and Jarvis Islands, Kingman Reef, etc.). Not talking about their bases in the Japanese islands or Philippines...

Same happens with France, UK, etc.

(Reuters) Obama’s pivot to Asia faces a changing Chinese military

(The Telegraph) US will shift focus from Middle East to Asia Pacific, Barack Obama declares

A3 has US & CSAT, which even in the main vanilla game told you that are focusing in the Pacific islands for a possible big war... Heck even the mission in Altis was being canceled to sent more people to the Pacific...

http://s20.postimg.org/kqmtou2st/CSAT2.png

If it wasn't because BI already said that they will add amphibious tracked vehicles (they even said that they have devs working on that months ago)... :rolleyes:

BTW AAV & BMPs are already on A3 addons, you just need to wait until BI to finish the amphibious support.

Nailed it.

You gotta love the butthurt over the release date. Because ya know, everything at E3 is releasing the day after E3 ends.

Meh. I'm aware of the Jurassic Mod. It's ok, it's no "Ark Surrvival" though. =P That's going to be interesting though... Jungle at night...

You won't see shit xD

no Seriously jus play unsung the nights are horrible you can't see anything :P

I pray for a great campaign in this extension.

And not again guerilla warfare - too much of it between A2 and A3...

You won't see shit xD

no Seriously jus play unsung the nights are horrible you can't see anything :P

Doesn't need to be jungle. Dense forest has the same effect IRL, it is also unsettling when you find yourself in it without a torch.

Are you kidding me? They haven't fixed the AI properly in 15 years, why would they start now? Ok, so some AI improvements have happened, but the navigation is still hilariously poor and AI can still see you and shoot through walls let alone foilage.

This. We will have ArmA with a new map and a few new assets. They won't suddenly fix all problems which now existed for years. After the DLC release, hype will disappear quickly and people will realize it's still ArmA. Business as usual :D

Look at water reflection at the end of trailer, smth like 1:20.

http://clip2net.com/clip/m166860/a2e9d-clip-192kb.jpg (192 kB)

Does anyone know why the reflection looks so strange? It's something like little optimization or what?

I mean it looks like water reflection depends only from X and Z axis and don't recalculate for vertical axis. Really interesting why.

But anyway looks so cool.

That is because water's IOR is different than air, for both reflect and refract. It's actually pretty damn close to the real deal.

Someone ^^^ didn't watch the presentation... :)

someone has drawn the wrong conclusions. The dino's comment was in relation to mods, not expansion development.

i'm wondering if possible to stop the undertow of the sea, maybe by some RVMAT scripts

RVMAT script? what?

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Regardless, the location it alone is going to kill any and all sense of war as it will never be anything more than a small civil war/war on drugs. Anything bigger is going to look completely out of place not to mention that majority of mods like RHS that bring in current military equipment are going to look even more ridiculous there(not that it's BI's responsibility to worry about that)

why is that?

So yeah still stand by that it doesn't give a sense of "this is war" and ill add that it probably never will achieve that. At best i can hope that the new environment creates the need for certain new features that can be used elsewhere.

what sort of environment does create that feeling for YOU (very subjective here).

People have argued that Altis is too deserted and plain. BI switches 180 degrees and works a very green environment, people complain that tank battles won't work. You lads for real?

Edited by PuFu

If you don't like it, don't buy the expansion.

Period.

If you don't like it, don't buy the expansion.

Period.

And how would you know you don't like it if you don't buy it first?

BI will come up with something like free weekend trial.

Test the expansion guns and vehicles in the Arsenal/Garage? Watch Let's Plays of the campaign? I dunno. Can't be that hard can it?

Some people seem to have already made their minds up just by looking at a minute long video.

And how can you say it's crap if you don't play it?

Stop complaining, ATM we have no info whatsoever and only a glance at the island.

People have argued that Altis is too deserted and plain. BI switches 180 degrees and works a very green environment, people complain that tank battles won't work. You lads for real?

when we start with 180 degrees turns it looks like that we are a bit lost.

Test the expansion guns and vehicles in the Arsenal/Garage? Watch Let's Plays of the campaign? I dunno. Can't be that hard can it?

Really, so this is what the expansion is about a few new guns and vehicles? Cannot wait then, right?

RVMAT script? what?

rvmat is a material file for rv engine, isnt it? in the rvmat on vegetations is write "affected by wind" (or something like that)

there is a function, script or command to stop the undertow (i don't know how translate Risacca) on the sea in game?

And how can you say it's crap if you don't play it?

Stop complaining, ATM we have no info whatsoever and only a glance at the island.

Are you talking to me? Because I am neither saying it is crap nor am I complaining.

We've seen one picture of a jungle. A SINGLE AREA OF JUNGLE and yet here we are saying "oh no now we can't have tanks."

We've cried out for more assets and we see 2 new toys in a teaser video but nope not enough.

Regardless of if you like what you've seen so far or not, it's stupid to argue in a matter of fact way. You've barely seen the surface of an expansion. God if Arrowhead was only coming out now I can only imagine "OMFG WTF BIS WHY ARE THE TERRORISTS WHITE?! NO BUY!"

@Killzone_Kid, he just means generally, not pointing the finger at you so to speak.

Really, so this is what the expansion is about a few new guns and vehicles? Cannot wait then, right?

There's going to be a year's worth of development before the expansion hits the stores. I'm confident (to a degree) that the devs will have more than just a "few new guns" for us to play with...

We've seen one picture of a jungle. A SINGLE AREA OF JUNGLE and yet here we are saying "oh no now we can't have tanks."

People haven't even check the video properly, it shows fields and open spaces. There are big industrial complexes (at least two or three in the video), it shows also different paths... So why wouldn't tanks be there... People don't remember wars like Vietnam or WW2?

Edited by MistyRonin

when we start with 180 degrees turns it looks like that we are a bit lost.

how so? and who is "we" (maybe you mean "i")?

this is going to be an expansion, not a DLC (although will work as a DLC in steam). Things shouldn't be available even in the arsenal without purchase (think of it of what OA was for A2, or better yet the expansions for OFP - that required OFP, just as this expansion will most definitely require A3, which is different to OA which was standalone).

rvmat is a material file for rv engine, isnt it? in the rvmat on vegetations is write "affected by wind" (or something like that)

LOL, i am well aware what a RVMAT is lad. it is the abreviation for RV(the engine)MATERIAL (file) that controls the type of shader used and texture maps. It is a material file, not a script. There is no such thing as "RVMAT script"

People haven't even check the video properly, it shows fields and open spaces. There are big industrial complexes (at least two or three in the video), it shows also different paths... So why wouldn't tanks be there... People don't remember wars like Vietnam or WW2?

Nope I talked to a vet from 'Nam, he told me that the tanks you see were only there for propaganda purposes and did nothing else.. :rolleyes:

@pufu

you missed the second line,

there is a function, command, script or whatever you want. for to stop the undertow of the sea on the shore?

First, It's safe to assume they haven't shown any military content because they have been working on the terrain. Joris said the project has only been worked on for a few months. Second, I may be wrong, but IIRC USMC tend to use somewhat older weapons and vehicles. Assuming the M2A1 is replacing the M1A2, the USMC might be still utilizing M1A2 Abrams. Or, I might be wrong and the M1A2s and what not were all mothballed or something. Either way, BIS will likely make new content for all the new factions. But either way, Marines probably won't receive LAV-25s. ;)