dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Looks more like a backwater for sure. No international airports this time.

Check at 0:40 there's a bigger airport with tarmac.

It's gonna be a long, long, long, long year... I can only dream of a beta release a few months before, you know to help them testing the island and so on. Kind of an early release :P

May the BI Gods listen to me.

- - -

Any idea of what Archipelago is this terrain based on?

Cough De cough V Br Cough anch Cough Cough!

To make more money? Ok
I don't have a problem with that.
Looks more like a backwater for sure. No international airports this time.
Check at 0:40 there's a bigger airport with tarmac.
You mean in the background (upper right) during the seaport overview?

Oh damn, I do see the other strip. It's good to be wrong some time.

Also, to all those saying this is going to be the leggiest map ever, just look at the video, in it's full FPS. Also, i don't think BIS would have added water reflection if they knew that an already dense jungle environment was going to make a serious impact on FPS. Plus DX12 though.

Yeah but there was no combat/AI, which is what kills FPS in ArmA.

If they can make HC automatic, so that all missions, including SP, run the AI on separate cores from the main game without users having to do anything that would seem like the best thing they can do to improve FPS.

It's a bad thing if your like me, and you've watched the video like 20 times in a row. Lol, someone save me.

---------- Post added at 03:55 ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 ----------

Yeah but there was no combat/AI, which is what kills FPS in ArmA.

If they can make HC automatic, so that all missions, including SP, run the AI on separate cores from the main game without users having to do anything that would seem like the best thing they can do to improve FPS.

Could have sworn they were working on something related to HC, months ago. It's possible.

LOL, that sweet hype mode all people are in.

I like what I saw in the trailer.

I will have a GTX-970 soon which will pay out for islands like this. And I like the jungle warfare, loved to play Missions for Unsung mod in A2, but they were very demanding for the PC. It's just very tense if you can't see a shit through all the plants...

Expect a beautiful island, some new assets... but nothing groundbreaking new... Expect ArmA to be ArmA with all it's flaws. Guys calm down. :D

Man ALIVE better start working on AI amphibious travel like quick

Hopefully BI have thought about this already.

Hopefully BI have thought about this already.

More like they better get working on some Naval Assets, serious ones, while i go deposit my Expansion money and don't touch it for about a year. I expect Naval assets more than ever now. The most dead part of Arma is finally coming to life. Oh, and ULCV's.

Expect a beautiful island, some new assets... but nothing groundbreaking new... Expect ArmA to be ArmA with all it's flaws.
Why can't we be hype for that? :D

---------- Post added at 04:12 ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 ----------

[/color]

LOL, that sweet hype mode all people are in.

I like what I saw in the trailer.

I will have a GTX-970 soon which will pay out for islands like this. And I like the jungle warfare, loved to play Missions for Unsung mod in A2, but they were very demanding for the PC. It's just very tense if you can't see a shit through all the plants...

Expect a beautiful island, some new assets... but nothing groundbreaking new... Expect ArmA to be ArmA with all it's flaws. Guys calm down. :D

With regards to your GTX 970-I just changed from a Gtx760 to a GTX 980 and did not get any noticeable improvements...unfortunately Arma really is cpu based.

Cough De cough V Br Cough anch Cough Cough!

You can only have in dev branch what you paid for, that's why I commented the early release, like with A3 vanilla that we could already test stuff half a year or more before :)

Only for that terrain, I'm already willing to pay the whole expansion.

PS: I also watched the video a good amount of times.

Why can't we be hype for that? :D

Because there's nothing to be hyped about. Except dx12 and water reflection there's no core feature, and honestly I'm sure it will keep begin like this. The Crow's answer when the interviwer asked if there was going to be any other feature other then the new terrain has been "Assets, water reflection and dx12".

I was expecting more, but as always, BI never fails to disappoint me.

mmmhhh key.

Because there's nothing to be hyped about. Except dx12 and water reflection there's no core feature, and honestly I'm sure it will keep begin like this. The Crow's answer when the interviwer asked if there was going to be any other feature other then the new terrain has been "Assets, water reflection and dx12"

mmmhhh key.

They also said an expansion is designed as a content addition. If they have to add a feature for the sake of their content then they will. This is just the beginning.

And even if that's really all there is, it's new stuff, and people are going to be hyped for new stuff.

Love the wet sand on the beaches, everything is sexy AF! I'm surprised they didn't show the Jet-ski though.

Love the wet sand on the beaches, everything is sexy AF! I'm surprised they didn't show the Jet-ski though.

I know right!!! I wanted to see that little beast in action. Oh well. At least we got to see the prop plane in action, which, by the way, doesn't appear to have any kind of updated Flight model. Sigh, still same old as it seems. At least the effects look nice. Also glad that prop plane is multi seat.

Anyhow I will be keen to download the island when it arrives.

I was also hoping for more uniforms and more weapons.

I know right!!! I wanted to see that little beast in action. Oh well. At least we got to see the prop plane in action, which, by the way, doesn't appear to have any kind of updated Flight model. Sigh, still same old as it seems. At least the effects look nice. Also glad that prop plane is multi seat.
The perfect aircraft to jump out of.

And even if that's really all there is, it's new stuff, and people are going to be hyped for new stuff.
Exactly this.
Ehhh, it's in the screenshot at the splash page for the terrain and I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer aired was already set in stone before the leak and therefore meant to accompany the screenshots instead of showing off any more than them.

I'd also like to know if/when we'll be able to pre-order this, so I can get it for my friends.

It's the mission maker wet dream IMHO. It gives all the ingredients missing from all other OFP / Arma terrains.

I don't know... Let's hope that at time of release the AI is not able to see thru the grass and foliage because it going to be nightmare as it is right now.

I don't know... Let's hope that at time of release the AI is not able to see thru the grass and foliage because it going to be nightmare as it is right now.
If it's as well-configured as
then I would imagine so... though as Dwarden pointed out the AI can also hear.

EDIT: I'm really hoping for at least an "vintage" (if not 2035) infantry landing craft... come on Bohemia, Iron Front: D-Day's LCVP's proved that you don't actually need any engine changes to support one, much less scripting! (Unless you wanted the "fast landing" script called by its handleDamage EH.)

Edited by Chortles

Wow, that was short. I'm sorry for all the people who didn't get enough sleep because they stayed up last night and watched the stream. :)

But enough of the criticism, the island looks great so far! And the engine improvements, reflections and what seems to be DX12 really contribute to the game. I'm certain all maps will benefit from these. But I'm curious what their AI developers will do. With all these waterways and the dense jungle they have to give our artificial comrades a complete overhaul. Especially the driving AI for boats is a mess right now (even worse than AI driving on roads).

It's very nice, now there is no more excuse to improve the naval element of Arma 3 with such a terrain :)