dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

that's my point though. atsche said himself that it's for adding details to the distance. you make it sound so bad just because it's no solution to midrange blurriness. :p i realised you would know how normal maps work. i was just going into detail to show that this is useful/awesome in its own context eventhough it's not a fix for that specific problem. not what it's designed for anyways.

although as a side note: i remember talking with someone (maybe Bushlurker) on the terrain maker channel on skype about how one could try to abuse the normal map as midrange fix by just putting different noise types into it. not sure if anyone ever tried it. and i personally think it's a dead end for several reasons. the main one being that it's down to light source angle how it's displayed. another one being that it would not be able to be used for what it's good at anymore.

you make it sound so bad just because it's no solution to midrange blurriness. :p

I think the pic he posted looks fab, I just didn't think it was particularly pertinent to the discussion (on middle distance improvements) he was responding to. :p

---------- Post added at 12:24 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Aaaanyway... what's a 'Facebook Event' and do you get to witness it if you don't have a Facebook account?

While I am excited for the new Island9and more excited for a new campaign0I still feel from those pics we saw that this place will have the too-clean feel of Altis.Compared to Chernarus,with its grungy grey buidings,over grown factories and graffiti on walls,along with its hardened looking civilians,A3 looks a bit...cheery.All buildings are like architects models-very little wear and tear or variation,no graffiti or vandalism(after a civil war!!!) and all the male civilians on their party cruise.No workers,priests,drivers,or anything that A2 had...Well heres hoping it will be remedied by Bohemia before the CUP is left to pick up the slack again.There is a fine line between supporting mods,and leaving important features out because you think the modders will handle it.They cant do everything-we still have no female civilians.

You know, the Epoch and Living through teams made some really good Female Models. On another note, Chernarus had one war torn town beside Guglovo. Where as Altis has old, and destroyed structures in more locations, old ruined castles. But don't forget, Altis has a far higher population, and it's living in Modern Timea. Of course, don't forget that your experiencing Altis before CSAT invades.

Modern structure also plays a role in te pristine look on infrastructure. Being 2035, doesn't mean everything still has to look like the 1990's, or after the Cold War. The story line even states that the Island is enjoying great times, but that possible conflict is approaching. Besides, if you want to make the towns look more damaged, shoot a building a 2 or 3 times with an APC cannon and it'll crack up just nicely. =P

the hype for this map is real!!! i love the tropics!!!

*secretly hopes a modder makes a philippine army mod even though we are still stuck using 80's vintage equipment.*...

Edited by Hazardousjay

[/color]Aaaanyway... what's a 'Facebook Event' and do you get to witness it if you don't have a Facebook account?

It's just a special page with a time and date attached created by BI that people can create discussions in. There's nothing to witness that you won't see at the event itself and then posted about everywhere else.

the hype for this map is real!!! i love the tropics!!!

*secretly hopes a modder makes a philippine army mod even though we are still stuck using 80's vintage equipment.*...

The new Expansion will open a lot of doors to interesting stuff. From Vietnam, WW2 Pacific, modern Pacific armies (Japan, China, India, Australia, etc.).

And with the stuff on the map, probably will allow for also African, South and Central American maps.

LINGOR island for A3 came true!

So no need to release the updated original? :o

I don't think it would be a good idea to photoshop things into pictures that say "In-game" :shrug:

Why not, EA and UBISOFT are doing it all the time in their trailers why BIS shoudnt do it :P :P

You know, the Epoch and Living through teams made some really good Female Models. On another note, Chernarus had one war torn town beside Guglovo. Where as Altis has old, and destroyed structures in more locations, old ruined castles. But don't forget, Altis has a far higher population, and it's living in Modern Timea. Of course, don't forget that your experiencing Altis before CSAT invades.

Modern structure also plays a role in te pristine look on infrastructure. Being 2035, doesn't mean everything still has to look like the 1990's, or after the Cold War. The story line even states that the Island is enjoying great times, but that possible conflict is approaching. Besides, if you want to make the towns look more damaged, shoot a building a 2 or 3 times with an APC cannon and it'll crack up just nicely. =P

I know-your right.i just want Arma 2's campaign ported to A3 lol...

But still-I am sick of the party boat civilians.There are no workers or women!it makes any scenario involving civilians look silly.

So no need to release the updated original? :o

Lingor is THE tropical island.There is always a good reason to update <3

Lingor is THE tropical island.There is always a good reason to update <3

Especially now that there will be all new resources available for the updated version.

Of course, don't forget that your experiencing Altis before CSAT invades.

But five years after a civil war that killed half the island's population. I'd imagine that war left a little more traces.

Lingor is a legend, of course it has to return some day :D. But Icebreakr, take your time. I mean, until next week. Then I hopefully will have my Computer back, and upgraded it with a GTX-970. :D

But five years after a civil war that killed half the island's population. I'd imagine that war left a little more traces.

Well they're not going to leave destroyed things and damaged buildings everywhere, if you were living in a modern country where a war happened, wouldn't you still want to help uphold a civilized look of infrastructure? I would. Though, buildings aren't the only thing. There's also soooo many burned out and destroyed cars, air recks, shipwrecks and such just laying around. Not to mention rock walls that were probably out up during the war. Trust me there's a lot more traces than you think. When you play Epoch and are forced to walk for miles cutting up destroyed cars for metal, you actually notice a lot more.

A few more hours, and we'll know!!!

Can't wait this night. Got two days off from work in the perfect time :cool:

A few more hours, and we'll know!!!

We already know the terrain. I'm not excited anymore, though still curious.

will be middle of the night for me...... sucks.. :aa:

Sleep tight, you'll have ALL the infos and videos when you wake up

I hope it will not be too long, I want to watch it befor going to work :p

We already know the terrain. I'm not excited anymore, though still curious.

We only have 4 screenshots so far, I'm looking forward for more + informations about the expansion!