dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

I hope there's an old and sunk Jap battleship or submarine that we can explore!

+1.

This island is gonna be awesome for older Ghost Recon missions.

I really hope the civilian stuff in the screen shots are really all there is.

Hope the civilian additions are super limited, Arma is a mil sim after all.

Sure, you might believe the Arma Life mentality screwed things up. But to be honest, what's mil sim without civilians? That's like have a large scale war that suddenly takes place in say... California somewhere, and suddenly there's no civilians. Just the two main forces. Civil assets are important too, for atmosphere. That's why it's there. But in an Open Sandbox game, creativity always prevails. That's why they can come up with other things, besides just mil-focused missions. Civilian assets aren't always that bad. I can't wait to try the jet ski. I just hope there's bigger, badder boats. =P

I'm just happy there's going to be a civilian prop plane again, I really missed having one. Also, if the Black Element shots are relevant, we'll get some wooden fishing boats too, which is something I've wanted since Arma 2.

I knew it , great stuff - also nice to see those Black Element models in there :D

Bring some Navy stuff !

btw

Empire of Japan, before its liberation by US Marines in 1944

Possible new factions? also most likely a China CSAT too

Edited by RobertHammer

With this they even make me more want to buy a GTX-970. Jungle gameplay in ArmA 2 was always pretty low FPS, because of the terrain. Also cities like Kavala will benefit.

Pft wtf? The amount of civilian stuff is what made OFP and Resistance a great milsim game and more immersive. I hope the BIS doesn't have too much fallout from this leak. I'm sure they had contracts with the event planners and sponsors.

I'm sure they'll be fine, it was only a few pictures and a small description. If this isn't all they'll be just fine. I'm interested to hear what BIS has to say about the map anyway.

Pft wtf? The amount of civilian stuff is what made OFP and Resistance a great milsim game and more immersive. I hope the BIS doesn't have too much fallout from this leak. I'm sure they had contracts with the event planners and sponsors.

Uhm an "accidental leak" when published in the official website, on friday afternoon, just a weekend before the presentation... Showing just a few pics but keeping the video and other info, like if they were trying to build hype. :rolleyes:

BTW I agree with you. The civilians take a big part on modern warfare, armies don't tend to fight on barrens. In fact their mere presence leads to important tactic and strategics changes. I used them intensively in all the military missions I did in the past games.

I haven't seen much of the island, but war in the pacific doesn't usually give much space for armored vehicles, is mainly amphibious (boats and helos), just check the WW2 battles or all the past years US armed forces exercises in the Pacific area. So probably they will focus on infantry and just add a few military vehicles.

I feel guilty finding this now, as it could have been a mistake. The blog page has been removed... I'm sorry BIS!

Yes you will.

Do I get it in DLC bundle or I will have to buy another DLC when they put it for sale?

Well maybe it was a test if we find it or not?

Y-yes... a test! :rolleyes:

I think they were preparing it for the official release on tuesday with the E3 presentation and someone made a mistake more likely.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Separate DLC, as a matter of fact it's called an "expansion", so it will bring in a lot more than a simple DLC.

I feel guilty finding this now, as it could have been a mistake. The blog page has been removed... I'm sorry BIS!

is an intentionally BIS's mistake, hahahahahahaha;)

The only mistake was not re-uploading the promo video before it was set to Private. :p

The only mistake was not re-uploading the promo video before it was set to Private. :p

When I first discovered the blog post, the video was still set to private.

Omg, that sounds really good !

But I want just one thing, Bohemia, just one thing... SHIP, JUST SHIP, WAR SHIP, BOUM BOUM MISSILES C-RAM, SHIP SHIP SHIP.

Yeeeessss jungle warfare yeeeessss !!! ehm sorry i'm just excited

Do I get it in DLC bundle or I will have to buy another DLC when they put it for sale?

The expansion is not technically a DLC, so it will be an additional cost. The DLC bundle only consists of the content listed for the bundle. Buying that DLC does not entitle you to future additions.

Dam even I feel bit guilty to read this and then see that it was likely a mistake.

I hope AI pathfinding and the ye old "shoot through trees" has been fixed by release date. Jungle warfare will not be fun otherwise.

I have removed my post as I think I think the blog post was a mistake... I don't want to spoil it anymore. Shall we remove any links before the media gets hold of it and spoils the E3 show?

I wouldn't worry too much. These things don't often occur by accident. BI understand the power of a well orchestrated 'leak'.

I have removed my post as I think I think the blog post was a mistake... I don't want to spoil it anymore. Shall we remove any links before the media gets hold of it and spoils the E3 show?

Who are you, Barbra Streisand? :p

I hope AI pathfinding and the ye old "shoot through trees" has been fixed by release date. Jungle warfare will not be fun otherwise.

Turn down the grass and play with a clean shaved terrain! :cool: