dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Which makes it any less suitable for a "milsim" scenario how, especially when for some groups "ambience" is key to their immersion?

Groups with no imagination or ability to download mods, maybe.

The tropics have seen more than their share of warfare over the last 50 years, so I see no problem.

US troops are still deployed in the Philippines, and a proxy war in the Pacific with China is standard fare for near-future fiction.

Using google maps I found an island that nearly matches the pictures revealed so far.

The Lihir Islands have similar locations of its open mine in relation to the port and city. Thoughts?

Not saying you're wrong or that they didn't use it for inspiration or anything but the angles of that are all wrong. They aren't lined up the same way so at the very least it is not supposed to be a 1:1 copy of it.

every angle i can see matches it almost perfectly, the mine is to the southwest of the port, and the city is spread along the beach to the north. matches all the pictures i see.

Do we have to buy that dlc with island to play on it? Or we can play with sick ad every minute like in helicopters?

Do we have to buy that island to play on it? I think yes. Bistudio never do something for free.

It says in the OP it is part of the new expansion.

Do we have to buy that island to play on it? Or we can play with sick ad every minute?

Beyond AFM, sling loading, firing from vehicles and bipods being free, you're not going to get everything for free, especially not months-long massive projects.

Amazing. It looks absolutely gorgeous. They even added water reflections, just woah.

Do we have to buy that island to play on it? Bistudio never do something for free.

Does anyone ever do anything for free? This "I demand shit for free" attitude is really stupid.

Beyond AFM, sling loading, firing from vehicles and bipods being free, you're not going to get everything for free, especially not months-long massive projects.
Considering that the Expansion and terrain were announced last year, it'll be more like two years' worth of development... the vehicle/weapons will probably work in a similar manner as those of the prior DLCs, no idea re: the terrain except that there won't be a lower-res "Lite" version.

I can't seriously be the only one who immediately thought of this when looking at the pics:

:cool:

Anyone spot the crashed WW2 Fighter Plane in the trees in Screenshot 2?

Its just to the left, stuck in the canopy :cool:

Considering that the Expansion and terrain were announced last year, it'll be more like two years' worth of development... the vehicle/weapons will probably work in a similar manner as those of the prior DLCs, no idea re: the terrain except that there won't be a lower-res "Lite" version.

I think u are right. Low res textures! I hope it will be low res texture . It would be very easy to hack.

I think u are right. Low res textures! I hope it will be low res texture . It would be very easy to hack.
... I just said that this will not be a low-res textures terrain.

I can't seriously be the only one who immediately thought of this when looking at the pics:

Uummm... my first thought was;

:blush:

... I just said that this will not be a low-res textures terrain.

Oh ! Sometimes when i on drugs and alchogol i have problems with understanding english

Wish somebody could reupload the video

I second that

I hope they add the water reflection to Altis and Stratis too.

Jungle warfare might be pretty hard to nail, though. Here's hoping BIS can nail the sensation of getting genuine trench foot and having jungle parasites crawl up everyone's bodily orifices.

On a serious note, could the improved jungle assets mean good news for other jungle maps?

That's pretty awesome.

No, in fact that's just pretty.

I hope they add the water reflection to Altis and Stratis too.

I'm certain it's an Engine thing. Meaning yes, reflections will be available for any map that includes... You guessed it, water.

On a serious note, could the improved jungle assets mean good news for other jungle maps?
I would think so, if only because mapmakers could call the jungle assets in their own terrains...

As I remarked about the "featured" island in all four screenshots: "A much more intricately detailed seaport/harbor than Altis/Stratis' piers, heavy forests/jungles, three adjacent geological depressions, green as hell hills with varying brush/foliage, a seeming goddamn volcano..." and if you look close at #4, it looks like this is indeed a multi-island terrain, I spot at least two in the background.