dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Annnnnddddd.... Your framerate just dropped to 0.........

Until they fix the engine to be properly multi-threaded....

oh wow! i love the colour palette and the distant tree lods and the water reflection (finally!) and the detailed terrain mesh (strip mines). so much green! just what i wanted. good stuff all around. i guess we're getting dense jungle after all.

now i'm kind of annoyed by the fact that it's quite a while until we can get our hands on it ;)

not a fan of the whole hype thing anyways since it kind of takes away the surprise and waters down the excitement over time. but i get that E3 kind of plays a role here too. so for me personally this little leak incident doesn't really make a difference. i hope it's intentional and if not that the person responsible doesn't get spanked too hard ;)

..exactly my first thought. ;)

can someone extract the map from the Tanoa page in the background? Looks to be a section of the Tanoa map, but i can't be sure to be honest.

WOW! Mind-blowing! :D So, so excited! Though on seeing this thread I feel like I've peeled back the wrapping paper on gifts beneath the Christmas tree... promise I'll look surprised on the 16th! :p

i hope it's intentional and if not that the person responsible doesn't get spanked too hard ;)

Haha I wonder if BI manage their content in-house, I'm guessing it's intentional otherwise you wouldn't risk putting it online in any status.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but one of our guys just spotted this wrecked plane in the jungle pic:

B8AU4Tom.png

Full size image

BONZAAIIIII

Unless they surprise us and announce that work on the Enfusion engine has been going for Arma 3 as well.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but one of our guys just spotted this wrecked plane in the jungle pic:

It's gonna be a nice map for WW2 stuff.

It's gonna be a nice map for WW2 stuff.

Or Predator mods.

I'm not sure why people think BI would intentionally design an island that performs poorly. They had full control over what setting they chose to create the terrain. Performance issues are one of the main complaints from people. Don't you think one of the first things they did was make sure they could pull off dense vegetation with a good framerate? User-made maps with dense vegetation that run poorly are not a real indication of the performance of this map. BI has engine-level control and can tweak all assets to spec so that the island runs well.

I'm not sure why people think BI would intentionally design an island that performs poorly. They had full control over what setting they chose to create the terrain. Performance issues are one of the main complaints from people. Don't you think one of the first things they did was make sure they could pull off dense vegetation with a good framerate? User-made maps with dense vegetation that run poorly are not a real indication of the performance of this map. BI has engine-level control and can tweak all assets to spec so that the island runs well.

A lot of it is trolling of course. Judging by pictures it looks like the trees have some pretty aggressive LODs. Should run fine.

A lot of it is trolling of course. Judging by pictures it looks like the trees have some pretty aggressive LODs. Should run fine.

Also, vegetation is mostly done by the GPU, at least that's my experience.

Using google maps I found an island that nearly matches the pictures revealed so far.

The Lihir Islands have similar locations of its open mine in relation to the port and city. Thoughts?

Looks pretty good. I bet the Life mods will love it and I would guess this might have played some part in BI's thinking.

Looks pretty good. I bet the Life mods will love it and I would guess this might have played some part in BI's thinking.

what makes you think that? just wondering.

what makes you think that? just wondering.

Oh you know, a tropical paradise just seems like a good place to tool around in your Ferrari and play Cops & Robbers in a small scale Banana Republic.

Oh you know, a tropical paradise just seems like a good place to tool around in your Ferrari and play Cops & Robbers in a small scale Banana Republic.
Which makes it any less suitable for a "milsim" scenario how, especially when for some groups "ambience" is key to their immersion?

I didn't say it was less suitable for military situations.