dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Still gonna be a pessimist and say limited vehicles/weapons and faction updates.

I'm with you.

In fact the devs last fall said that the "expansion" would be basically the new terrain and a few additions.

I hope a SP campaign too, like the A3 one, because it was incredibly well done.

Still gonna be a pessimist and say limited vehicles/weapons and faction updates.
Oh of course.

Anything more than 2 vehicles for NATO and CSAT and 1 for AAF, 3 weapons for NATO and CSAT and 1 for AAF, 1 equipment piece for all and nothing for FIA would surprise me immensely. But most of all i hope they add more features, features that modders can make use of. The group i play with doesn't use any vanilla content so it wouldn't do us much good unless modders can make use of it in some way. That said, more civilian content would be greatly appreciated. Small propeller plane anyone?

highly doubt it, but would be awesome if the soon to be addition of pistols in holster could mean magazines visually actually changing, like they do in DayZ.

I would be amazed if there isn't any kind of feature or improvements. Though I could see that it's appropriate there are none spoken of, as building the terrain and the new assets comes first, and maybe we'll see some great new features down the line.

However, as I've mentioned to someone, I lowered my expectations from 110%, to 5%. I honestly expected more than I should from the expansion. But that isn't a wise thing to do, so I expect nothing more than the terrain, and maybe a new faction. That's about it.

I don't think anybody is seriously expecting that. They'd be kidding themselves.

As for the Pacific, looking at some of the islands in Google earth, it could be quite cool. But I kind of hope it isn't the South Pacific. I don't really feel it would be different enough from Altis to warrant BIS's "something we've never done before" claim. A hot place with palm trees and beaches is still a hot place with palm trees and beaches no matter what style the ramshackle buildings are made in.

South Pacific islands have jungles. That's the "something we've never done before."

It's like Altis vs. Far Cry 3's terrain. Totally different.

The AI would need a major adjustment if jungles are on deck. Their spotting is built for medium to long distance, not for cqb surprises and that's basically the thrill of jungle warfare.

Don't know what I mean? When's the last time you were in Urban and an enemy jumped out from an alley ambush, effectively surprising your whole squad? More likely would be an

" soldier. 500."

Before you even entered town. Games that are built for jungle cqb use a MUCH***shorter awareness distance for the most part. Yeah sure a few long range firefights in Far Cry but you can generally sneak around there heels for as long as you like.

you bring up some good points. i also think that AI would need some type of tactical adjustment in terms of suppression (do they even suppress at all?). i mean in a jungle it would probably be a more common stradegy to unload on some bushes after having spotted enemies close to them. the AI would need to be aware of that tactic to not be at a disadvantage while ofc avoiding scenarios that make people think they can see through vegetation.

i think i have seen it happen some times but i think it was more some type of AI inaccuracy while seeing you through the bottom of a bush. hard to say since i haven't taken a closer look at AI in a while.

all that would ofc be considering that plants have proper penetration values to avoid stuff like the bullet proof bamboo like high grass on Altis.

It's not all jungle. Think of high-canopy rainforests, plantations, high-alt pine forests, mango swamps, rice paddies, terracing.

Can be very diverse.

It's not all jungle. Think of high-canopy rainforests, plantations, high-alt pine forests, mango swamps, rice paddies, terracing.

Can be very diverse.

Yup, there's a lot of pacific islands that don't have dense jungle.

Just check som Hawaiian landscapes (or Indonesian, or Thai, etc. )

molokai.jpg

And the most benefited part of a possible Pacific island:

Hawaii-diver.jpg

yea good point. also considering the performance implications of a dense jungle or even some dense jungle areas, it'll probably be more of what you described. that and major AI changes being less likely overall.

I agree that there wont be major AI changes-but I would like to see friendly AI improved for CQB.I dont play any urban scenarios now as everytime I start something,my whole squad will be dead in 10 minutes of urban fighting.They just cant handle it.I would really love some more convincing civilians and female civilians like A2 had-it just made the campaign feel so much more real-being able to ask people waiting at the bus stop for info etc.Instead of groups of men in holiday clothes strolling about their war torn party island.

I have removed my post as I think I think the blog post was a mistake... I don't want to spoil it anymore. Shall we remove any links before the media gets hold of it and spoils the E3 show?

Edited by Smiley Nick

I see water reflection! :eek:

I take it by the disappearing video we were supposed to wait?

Looks like an unintentional leak.

Somebody clicked publish instead of just save.

Page not found for me also, must have been erased... !

It looks incredible! Most of my terrain wishes and assets seem to have come true (tho with the stuff in the Black Element's web was pretty obvious).

Seems that this time BI really nailed it :)

:yay:

Good find! This looks awesome, especially that shot of the open pit mine.