dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

i just hope they remember to change the skybox so it doesn't look exactly the same as other maps running the Stratis/Altis Skybox.

---------- Post added at 02:19 ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 ----------

After reading thread and some valid points my vote will go for the French Polynesia,even if there is some smilarity in those pictures of some chinese islands few posts up.

Now lets not forget BI work policy(as far as i know) there is small island and than BIG one, but idk would they give us similar maps,speaking of forests and similar areas like Altis or Stratis,i would like to go for the desert type of map here. And i can not wait till damn countdown end,lets crack this

And me to here would love to se sort of snow map,with proper snow cammo and gear it would be perfect thing fighting on ice and freaking snow storms where you can not see shit,but ofc just my wild imagination

That's my second guess, and actually most wanted guess. My first guess is Indonesia though, as it fits ton of evidence and story line.

Well from my perspective it was also going to be an Asian terrain - why do I come to that conclusion.

The antagonist in Arma 3 was CSAT (Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty) led by a resurgent Iran with a coalition of other Middle Eastern and Asian nations.

However, the battle really only took place on those Greek islands.

The war isn't over though and I would expect Blufor to take the fight to the antagonists, so it would either be Middle East (that's already been done) or one of the Asian nations.

My money's on Asia - China would be obvious choice but a smaller Asian nation might be more manageable.

My hope is that it's an island inhabited only by women.

My hope is that it's an island inhabited only by women.

Nah, Lesbos is way too big to be an Arma terrain.

However, for a video game, it's hard to do. For Arma, not sure. BIS has said their stars are literally as perfect as the real thing, and in a night picture like the one we have, it's quite literally the only option. BIS was smart about it, and took the screen at the darkest of dark nights.

The star map in arma is accurate! Check this: Altis 21:00 heading North same on Limnos(+2:00 GMT) in stellarium.

I'm no astrologist, so this may be a stupid question; can we guesstimate the latitude and longitude if we knew the time (before the dawn because of the glow in the horizon?) and date (June 16th or maybe the release date at late 2015)?

I'm no astrologist, so this may be a stupid question; can we guesstimate the latitude and longitude if we knew the time (before the dawn because of the glow in the horizon?) and date (June 16th or maybe the release date at late 2015)?

I tried it with Jun 16th. It's daytime at the position where Crux is in the same orientation.

My idea was:

1. we know the Crux position

2. we know the time. the countdown time

So here is my vote:

http://i.imgur.com/LuU1Qnt.jpg (236 kB)

Edit: The only issue is that it's daytime at that time there. :(

Edited by danczer

Ok i'll try to call the location...

New Britain Province, Papua New Guinea

They'd have to scale that down significantly to be viable for an expansion terrain. Unless they only made like a third of the island playable, and had half of the boundary landlocked and the other half coastline like Chernarus.

i'm really excited to see arma 3's great updated lighting shine on the new terrain. i kinda felt like Altis and Stratis didn't bring out the best in it.

I always felt that the lighting needed tweaking. Apart from the fact that any time from about 10AM to 2PM has always looked dreadful in every game in the series, pretty much any sunny conditions in Arma 3 make characters' faces look like painted mannequins. In Arma 2, a character's skin had a subtle sheen effect, making faces look more realistic. You can see that effect is still sort of there in Arma 3, but something to do with the lighting or the material of the skin makes it way less noticable except in very specific lighting conditions.

I hope it will be Cyprus, which, as we know, is divided in half by long-lasting yet frozen conflict (so it is really in the spirit of ArmA games :) ). A lot of possibilities, interesting places, diverse terrain. The ghost town of Varosha, abandoned after the Turkish invasion, would be really cool to see in the game.

As for armies and weapons - Turkish Armed Forces for the OPFOR. Various British or American branches of their Armed Forces (or even European Union - there was a talk recently to create unified EU military - EUFOR), of course with all the weapons and vehicles in use today - for BLUFOR. For Independent side it would be polite Russian bankers and investors in bulletproof formal suits. Just joking. Anyway thank you BIS for the great news and looking forward to your new terrain.

I hope it will be Cyprus, which, as we know, is divided in half by long-lasting yet frozen conflict (so it is really in the spirit of ArmA games :) ). A lot of possibilities, interesting places, diverse terrain. The ghost town of Varosha, abandoned after the Turkish invasion, would be really cool to see in the game.

As many said earlier in the thread, these kind of island are way too big. It is also similar to what Altis offer so it will not be that location.

you seen the new twitter post on the enviroment dev talking on the phone?

the photo behind it is lots of massive islands... is that a hint?

https://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/606791331298557953/photo/1

Not really > http://moricky.com/blog/img/Maps_RV_full.png

he just stands there just because he's enviroment dev working on that new terrain which he also worked on those previous arma islands

French Polinesia would be nice. And the size is more or less comparable with Altis resp. Lemnos (a bit larger though). Would be great to have the main island (Tahiti) plus the other smaller ones (Moorea and Tetiaroa).

Edited by Undeceived

It has to be Papua New Guinea or Indonesia because the boat asset on Black Element software website refers to "Bird Wings" which is a native bird to the area.

I could be wrong but i'd be surprised.

Hi guys,

Since the DEVS and others have sent rumours about the island being for OPFOR territory. According to the actual role of OPFOR's CSAT, it is actually in fact a fictional Turkish force!

I might be going over my head, but.. If Limnos (known in-game as "Altis) is held by Greece (which is technically Allied) then that must mean the island "Gökçeada" (In English for "Imbros"), EAST of Limnos and held by Turkey, could be in fact the actual island ArmA 3 are presenting for E3!

Links on both islands:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbros

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemnos

And why they are owned by 2 different countries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbros#...key_and_Greece

ImbrosTenedos_2.svg

According to the game's specific theme it has to be in the lines of the Aegean Sea (If its not, they might have to recreate a lot of skins...probably)

But yeah, I don't see why not they would. After all, they said the same thing when they were going to surprise us with "Altis", and it turned out to be NORTH of "Stratis" (or known as "Agios Efstratios')

Link on island: (and the DEVS said that "From the Island Limnos known as Altis to the completely made up island of Stratis"..Made up? Yeah Right ;) )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agios_Efstratios

Another point would be that the players of the ArmA 3 Campaign are desperately wondering where have those CSAT jets came from before the mission "END GAME"? This is simply answered by looking below:

6fccjm.png

As you can see, the island North-East of Limnos is actually in the correct direction for those enemy forces to attack in that mission. However, this would be the only island capable of doing such since it has an airport and the North-West one doesn't. Another fact is that the CSAT aircraft are not carrier-designed so there is no possible way they would've been launched from the sea or by other source (including air-to-air refuelling)

However, if its not going to be in the Aegean Sea, it would be probably the most exciting map than all those MP mods like "Breaking Point" overall. :)

Kind Regards,

Rawner135 / Ranwer

You are all wrong.

This is a photoshopped picture from Mare Erythraeum, in Mars.

Here is the story.

In 2035 traveling in space has become a reality, now is possible to reach Mars in a few weeks.

Nato has decided to establish a military base there but, SURPRISE!! Mars is already occupied by CSAT forces because in fact CSAT forces are Martians (that's why their uniforms are like that).

At this point Nato realises that the war with CSAT forces was in fact an Alien invasion attempt and decide to fight back, conquer Mars is now the objective.

This is War.

You are all wrong.

This is a photoshopped picture from Mare Erythraeum, in Mars.

Here is the story.

In 2035 traveling in space has become a reality, now is possible to reach Mars in a few weeks.

Nato has decided to establish a military base there but, SURPRISE!! Mars is already occupied by CSAT forces because in fact CSAT forces are Martians (that's why their uniforms are like that).

At this point Nato realises that the war with CSAT forces was in fact an Alien invasion attempt and decide to fight back, conquer Mars is now the objective.

This is War.

*cough* get off the forums. :p :cancan: :don 14:

Edited by Ranwer

I tried it with Jun 16th. It's daytime at the position where Crux is in the same orientation.

If we know that time, try other months. Maybe we'll find one at dark. We can look at all the dark times, and figure out which is most logical.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

365 days in the year. One of them is the date the picture was taken. June 16th isn't one of them, it's day time...

If we know that time, try other months. Maybe we'll find one at dark. We can look at all the dark times, and figure out which is most logical.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

365 days in the year. One of them is the date the picture was taken. June 16th isn't one of them, it's day time...

What if it wasn't Polynesia? How do we know for sure? Has Bohemia given ACTUAL hints on this? What about in relation to arma's theme in the campaign...The Aegean Sea:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192366-New-terrain-reveal-16th-June&p=2947473&viewfull=1#post2947473

What if it wasn't Polynesia? How do we know for sure? Has Bohemia given ACTUAL hints on this? What about in relation to arma's theme in the campaign...The Aegean Sea:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?192366-New-terrain-reveal-16th-June&p=2947473&viewfull=1#post2947473

It's too Altis, Greek themed. In fact, that's exactly where Greece is located, which would be like another Greek island.

The developers have said that is a different island from Altis and Stratis and then in the countryside is always cited the theatre pacific then if you go on the site Black Element you will find many items like of wooden piers, jet skis, wooden boats etc...

The developers have said that is a different island from Altis and Stratis and then in the countryside is always cited the theatre pacific then if you go on the site Black Element you will find many items like of wooden piers, jet skis, wooden boats etc...

Don't count the BE renders, their company is located in that area and these could be just porfolio pieces. Also, in most of the cases artists can't really show wip or contents from a not yet released game.