dale0404

New terrain reveal - Tanoa

Yes, because we only ever had European and ME terrains in Armaverse...

They said it was going to be new, and something that hasn't been done as a Terrain officially before. This means it's either some jungle-ish map, which isn't too hard to believe given the way the tree's look on the countdown page (silhouette of the trees at least, don't look temperate or evergreen), or multiple pacific islands forming an Archipelago, and were only being shown one of a main, or many islands. Anything is still possible, but it won't be Middle Eastern (thank god), or a European nation. Nordic States are still questionable, but...

The Bismark chain? Guadalcanal, the slot, Truk?

Even something inspired by the slot will be epic for land/sea operations.

It's the micro-terrain that grabs me wherever they put it.

Is the indigenous population as male as the populations of Altis/Stratis/VR?

A personal wish is a terrain which can be loaded in segments. 1 terrain, cut into quarters = 4 smaller maps, + the full terrain. So 5 maps for one terrain.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

I've called Papua New Guinea because the boat model on Black element software has "Bird Wings" written on the side which is reference to a resort in Papua New Guinea called Bird Wings which the artists or developers may have stayed at to research the location.

It is also a native bird to the area.

Reference: http://blackelement.net/vehicle.html#openModa_4

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=bird+wings+resort&rlz=1C1CHWA_enAU614AU614&oq=bird+wings+resort&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j69i65j69i59.1600j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=bird+wings+papua+new+guinea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdwing

http://birdwingpng.com/

However, lets not forget that BIS placed Altis in the middle of the Atlantic... So that being said, even if you find out the exact location, than it could still not be it, if BIS does the same kind of placement thing as they did with Altis.

I think you've confused Altis with Sahrani (which IS supposed to be set in the Atlantic). It's not in the same location as the real life Limnos either since the ingame maps show it to be closer to the southern coast of Sicily and just north of Africa.

7WgEuKC.jpg

That being said, I'm still hoping it'll be a SEA country. They can't just give us all this hype for a flashpoint in the Pacific and then throw it all away with some random South American terrain.

Edited by drebin052
typos, typos everywhere

Hoping for south america jungle and swamps.

June 16th happens to be my birthday lol. Hows that for a birthday present :)

Well just food for the speculation,

Looks like the Southern Cross star constellation in the image, as well as an incorrect representation of the Centaurus constellation nearby.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

June 16th happens to be my birthday lol. Hows that for a birthday present :)

Yes but you are in Australia which means you will have to wait another day :P

Well just food for the speculation,

Looks like the Southern Cross star constellation in the image, as well as an incorrect representation of the Centaurus constellation nearby.

Yeah, it's the Crux. But what's wrong with Centaurus?

I made this yesterday in another thread: http://i.imgur.com/SdWtB33.png The purple stars are from the website.

So what you're saying is ... they're moving Chicago on to an island in the S. Atlantic?

Maybe a low tech blast from the past vietnam expansion?

Chicago, or any part of the mainland United States would actually be cool. I'd love to fight around in Philly or LA, but it'll likely never happen.

Hoping for one of those Alaskan or Japanese islands in the north pacific.

The Aleutians? Yeah, those would be pretty cool, but a lot of them are small. They'd either have to create a completely new one or or just "fuse" it all into one map. Although, Unalaska Island is 2,720 km2, while Lemnos (Altis) is a mere 476 km2. Yes, it would be cool, but I imagine it is nowhere near the realm of possibility. But a man can dream!

Well, what do we have until know.

- OFP / Arma islands always tend to be inhabited places, with a good amount of villages, some low mountains / hills, some flat areas, etc.

- Usually they take real world territory, and tho they adapt it a bit (so I guess we have to look for possible territories that would be between 200-600 km2).

- BI already said that they would not repeat former environments (so no Eastern Europe Chernarus, no ME Takistan, no Mediterranean Altis, etc.)

- They added the diving option in A3, so I guess they will add a part of the World with rich submarine environments.

- They will probably try to reuse assets from the A3 Altis and Stratis and its campaign (so maybe some CSAT ally or Pacific territory).

- On another hand they are also releasing Day Z, so I assume they will try to go for something different.

Didn't they went to Hong Kong?

From teaser banner, the island Lantau fits in (good size Area for expansion - 147.16 km2 (56.82 sq mi); forests; lake; mountainous terrain). It´s usually to do some research then move the terrain to other place of the globe.

From teaser banner, the island Lantau fits in (good size Area for expansion - 147.16 km2 (56.82 sq mi); forests; lake; mountainous terrain).

If that is the case, I hope they put the temple in.

I really hope the new terrain isn't an asian/jungle-themed unless BI did a complete AI and gameplay overhaul. Even then foliage ain't going to make firefights more interesting, it's going to make them very frustrating, especially for those who plays with A3's vanilla units/weapons.

Source: chernarussian grass and awesome Unsung Vietnam War mod for Arma 2.

I really hope the new terrain isn't an asian/jungle-themed unless BI did a complete AI and gameplay overhaul. Even then foliage ain't going to make firefights more interesting, it's going to make them very frustrating, especially for those who plays with A3's vanilla units/weapons.

Source: chernarussian grass and awesome Unsung Vietnam War mod for Arma 2.

I've found the suppression system has greatly enhanced wooded engagements. At least in MP coop where you can focus fire.

They said it was going to be new, and something that hasn't been done as a Terrain officially before. This means it's either some jungle-ish map, which isn't too hard to believe given the way the tree's look on the countdown page (silhouette of the trees at least, don't look temperate or evergreen), or multiple pacific islands forming an Archipelago, and were only being shown one of a main, or many islands. Anything is still possible, but it won't be Middle Eastern (thank god), or a European nation. Nordic States are still questionable, but...

Considering the camo faces recently added in marksman, I'd guess it is jungle.

Considering the camo faces recently added in marksman, I'd guess it is jungle.

Good point - also green camos for weapons , yea there is also desert camo

maybe there will be some parts with jungle and some desert? like Sahrani had?

Edited by RobertHammer

maybe there will be some parts with jungle and some desert? like Sahrani had?

It's going to be Tselinoyarsk obviously!

Just throwing some smoke grenades in here... ;)

Unbenannt_zpsp9m2ayrb.png~original

Found this one - it's one of the Natuna islands. The island itself is called Pulau Serasan

pulauserasan1_zpsy9s8vxwg.jpg~original

Mirror-inverted:

pulauserasan2_zpst5qoskd3.jpg~original

Darker:

pulauserasan3_zpsgwbxqyc9.png~original

Now compare the last picture with the first (the screenshot).

• Big mountain in the background - CHECK
  • South China Sea as potential source of conflict (maybe already much more deveolped as today's tensions) in combination with the Chinese CSAT units - CHECK
  • Crux visible from there - CHECK (at least for a few hours every night during the northern winter and spring -- read Wiki)

:icon_wink: In reality, it's just wild guess. :D But I really saw some similarity, looking at that photo!

Edited by Undeceived

It's going to be Tselinoyarsk obviously!

Haha - yea :cool:

Now what we know for sure that it will be Asia-pacific based island - in the end it can be some mixture of islands

I'm more interested in how they will merge vanilla and expansion gameplay...but this is still very exciting :D

I'm betting it's going to be on the artificial islands China is creating. That's why there's bulldozers and stuff because they're still under construction...and the navy seals are going to use the Jet Ski's to invade! It makes so much sense. So it's that ... or Liberty City.