Sign in to follow this  
loopdk

asr-ai VS B-Combat .. ACE3

This is a bit of a silly post, but I'll give you some help anyhow.

First and foremost, ASR and BC are both AI mods, and they are for different things. At the moment, BC only supports singleplayer missions, and is NOT compatible with dedicated servers. As for ACE3, it doesn't matter what gameplay system you are using, AI mods do not affect those.

Thus, your only option is to use ASR AI from the two that you've listed. There are quite a few others, I would suggest browsing both this forum and armaholic for options.

We use ASR on JFCMSW, to quite the great effect, along with our mission maker (Me) occasionally taking direct control of units for our CO-OP operations.

bCombat works fine on dedicated we've used it for ages with no problems - some of the single player animations won't fire is all. Core low level ai does work fine.

In my opinion ASR is probably slightly richer in features and more configurable if you truly want to customise unit strengths and weaknesses. And sees slightly more frequent updates.

bCombat is a little more PnP

bCombat should only installed on server and not on a client, then nearly everything should be fine.

But bCombat is more scripted then ASR so ... ASR is more performant.

again... Not totally accurate - Sorry ;-)

You need ai mods running wherever you are hosting the spawn... I.e. spawning ai.

So for instance we run ALiVE as a server so that obviously needs bCombat on the server. But as Zeus you also then need bCombat running locally on the client too...

Same goes for asr_ai. Hope that makes sense :-)

Is ASR plug n play?

As in once its installed does it just effect ai or do i need to set up parameters for modded units/west/east etc.

I read some documentation but it seemed a little complicated on that part

Well technically yes. But to really get the best from it you need to learn how to edited it's config setting... only if you want to tailor it... it will work PnP