Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

Fallout 4

Got about 9 hours into the game and I've just been having a blast building my settlement and exploring the wasteland.  Haven't really proceeded far into the main quest yet.  The texture resolution is completely garbage, maybe they will release an HD texture pack like they did with Skyrim.

No crashes or slow downs....yet.

I played a few hours, and the worst bug I encountered is every human NPC being stuck in a surrendering animation, which fixed itself after I fast traveled to and from.   :D

There seems to be a general problem with textures. After a while, textures seem to only show in bad quality. When you load up, stuff around you has decent textures, but if you play a bit and come back, no matter how close to the object you get, the full quality texture doesn't seem to load. If you exit the game and reenter, they're back to full quality.

I've never noticed any FPS issues in the open world so far, but I encountered a building that you load into its interior that seemed to have horrible performance issues when inside.

Yeah the biggest issue I've had is the controls. Aiming in the V.A.T.S. is sometimes freaking hard. I can't shoose a body part that I want against those mosquitos. Then the inventories don't need to be open and are working with the same keys so I sometimes take some stuff or the whole inventory from a body when I try to reload. I don't even get the "do you want loot all this crap" al the time. I've no idea why my character sometimes pick up all the stuff from a body.

FoV you can adjust in configs. Same you can remove the awful floating markers. But that's not my iggest issue. My biggest issue was that I needed to go in configs to get rid off some blur like depth of field! Why the hell games even use and force those kind of blurs is a thing I've never understood. Then the TAA (anti-aliasing) itself is horrible looking becaause it blurs when you move. I needed to compensate that with ReShade Sharpening filter so it looks satisfying. It still blurs but it isn't that bad anymore. You're pretty much forced to use the TAA because no other external AA can match up in the game. They should've made better AA in the game because TAA and FXAA are just horrible alone.

When I sometimes buy an AAA game I always realize that they lack a big thing and it's the options. Options for controls and graphics. BIS is one of the few devs that makes it right and BIS is making every AAA dev look horrible in that category. The Arma 3 has maybe spoiled me a lot in that category.

One thing I'd like to see that we should have better quest dialogs so the markers could be taken off.

Survival mode should've had the hunger and sleep system.

Karma should've been in.

Too bad those two things were taken off.

The game is still Fallout and I can enjoy it. There are just those things that decrease the game quality.

I found that spot tonci87 mentioned as well as that brown door in BPs post. It's really weird... the game goes from amazing looking to oddly dated in the same scene.

I also find the textures look better from far away and wash out a bit.

Vats is really tough as well when an enemy is behind another to the side.

I agree the survival mechanic should have been left in there.

Other than that it has taken 20 hours to get really into and now I'm having those classic fallout moment. The non vats shooting is way better. Wandering around finding quests, killing super mutants etc.

I've had some hilarious rag doll moments as well.

One super mutant was running... died ... went flying into a gate and went over it ragdollong down the stairs... good times.

I highly recommend the pip boy app. If u haven't used it it is literally the in game pip boy. I use it to watch the map and check inventory etc... really cool!

I found that spot tonci87 mentioned as well as that brown door in BPs post. It's really weird... the game goes from amazing looking to oddly dated in the same scene.

I also find the textures look better from far away and wash out a bit.

Vats is really tough as well when an enemy is behind another to the side.

I agree the survival mechanic should have been left in there.

Other than that it has taken 20 hours to get really into and now I'm having those classic fallout moment. The non vats shooting is way better. Wandering around finding quests, killing super mutants etc.

I've had some hilarious rag doll moments as well.

One super mutant was running... died ... went flying into a gate and went over it ragdollong down the stairs... good times.

I highly recommend the pip boy app. If u haven't used it it is literally the in game pip boy. I use it to watch the map and check inventory etc... really cool!

How does the app connect to the Game? Internet connection?

Pretty sure it's wifi... I have some gameplay to upload later that I will post

As a Fallout fan , i like this game a lot more than Fallout 3 , for me gameplay wise it is hell better 

of course there are some big changes in perks and some folks don't like the Boston area because "it's not so fallout looking" aka no nevada wasteland heh

i don't mind that since we had that 4 times already in the games so it's a nice change imho

speaking of textures - yes there is some nasty mipmap issue which was also in Skyrim and i get the feeling the original textures were more sharper and retail ones been scaled down - you guessed it , because of consoles 

for now you can "fix" this issue by using this > http://enbdev.com/download_mod_fallout4.htm

it really works on my weak 1gb VRAM GPU heh

I hope in the next Fallout 5 , they will use IdTech6 engine - like in other Bethesda's games (Dishonored 2 and Doom 4)

Still it's a great game , i recommend it

i finally solved most of my PC issues after the BSOD so here is the Fallout vid.

Little glitchy near the end where i teleport and shoot the cement but this was a cool battle.

I like the game over all. The glitches are annoying and some are game breaking. I was going to finish the game's main story with the Railroad faction, but after destroying the Brotherhood airship, that Idiot NPC Tinker Tom managed to crash the stolen vertibird and get himself killed and I wasn't able to complete that quest line. So I had to reload to a earlier save only this time I sided with the Brotherhood and shot that same NPC in the face with a gattling laser for making me invest all that time only to wreck that quest line. What I don't get is where is the Boston accent? Would of been kinda funny to hear super mutants speaking in a Boston accent. 

Witcher 3 might have ruined gaming for me although I really enjoyed Beth previous game Skyrim.Fallout 4 is pure crap in quests department,I can't believe how lazy Beth have become,armor(besides power armor) and weapon design are also quite atrocious,dialogue system made by braindead monkeys,same monkeys probably worked on follower AI too.

Game has some good parts like the settlement building(at least they had some brains to look at the RTS mod from Fallout 3),power armor implementation is another plus,it's not a simple suit you put on anymore and it really feels like you're a walking tank.

I also liked the mini-stories you find on terminals in some locations.Beth should put the dude/dudette who wrote those on quest design next time.

On the whole the game feels off though,it's like they tried adding lots of systems and glued them together in some frankenstein way and on the last minute they remembered they also needed to make some quests too.This is at best a 6.5/10 game.

My advice either play it through family sharing or buy it on a Steam sale a year later,no way this deserves 60 euros.

Cutting this short - disappointed. 

Can't complain on the graphic, it's really nice, maybe the colors a too washed out. But the gameplay... I was expecting more RPG oriented action like in New Vegas.

More complicated quests, talking with the people, handling delicate situations by using SPEECH skill (where is it in F4?). In F4 I feel like playing a hybrid of COD and imaginary "lowlife sim" where player picks every piece of junk only to create... anything (at poorly designed workbench interface). 

After a while quests have become really generic and simple, reminding radiant quests from Skyrim. Do this, do that,, bring that, kill this one etc. Boring. 

Dialogues have been butchered and reduced to one liners and player can only guess what his character would say. 

Skill requirements on objects. They are gone. Enjoy new perk system, seriously... I thought TES and F3+ used to have differences, but no Beth decided to flatted and unify things down. Why.

I'm a hardcore F1&F2 fan and I don't negate anything what Bethesda creates. In around year 2000 during my first contact with Fallout 2 I was dreaming about seeing this game with my own eyes - not in real life :P but via FPP on a screen :) Really liked many. but not all things about F3. Later on Obsidian pushed F3 into a new level by delivering New Vegas. I was really impressed and this was just like I imagined! Really loved how Obsidian handled new Vegas - despite broken difficulty where player was able to become an avatar who kills deathclaws with a toothpick. 

I don't know why Bethesda decided to turn new Fallout into more shooting oriented game with simplified RPG elements and watered down plot section. Do they really think that all gamers are some stupid kids who cant read or calculate things? 

Turned down with F4. Removed the game from my disk. Installed New Vegas with some graphics enhancements and survival/difficulty mods such as J Sawyer mod https://goo.gl/hkFfOn and some others. 

It's the highest time to finish this game :)

Last time I was too busy with exploring and realized after reaching 40lvl my cowboy could castrate a deathclaw with a razor blade (unmodded). Playing NV with postnuclear cowboy-avatar was not fun anymore. With Sawyers mod it is different and really hard, exp gain is halved and there is a level cap. It's easy to die there, carry has been lowered and there are constant basic needs for hydration and nutrition. It's really fun and reminds me of F2 now. 

ZiG0OZE.jpg

This is how it looks like after removing that dirty-orange filter (Realistic Wasteland Lighting)

• Like 1

There were things I didnt like about this game, like babysitting the farmers and being the sole minuteman actually doing something (which is totally typical for Bethesda games).

Also the construction menu is horrible and gets boring pretty much from the start. Here comes my rant about babysitting the people again, who are not capable to find a place to sleep on their own  :angry:

But then I just decided to play the story and thats when the game started making fun for me. The choice between the factions wasnt that easy for me too. All of them had their good and bad sides.

Of course F4 does not offer same level of freedom as FNV, but it is a big improvement over F3 which had a linear storyline.

Maybe we will see another Fallout game on an improved F4 engine from Obsidian when Bethesda will be busy making their next TES game.

There were things I didnt like about this game, like babysitting the farmers and being the sole minuteman actually doing something (which is totally typical for Bethesda games).

Also the construction menu is horrible and gets boring pretty much from the start. Here comes my rant about babysitting the people again, who are not capable to find a place to sleep on their own  :angry:

Make sure you have a defense rating bigger than your water and food ratings combined,for example food 5-water 10,you need defense bigger than 15.You'll rarely get attacked this way.I put 4 hmg turrets for every farm while for the bigger locations I customize defense more.Don't bother with guard posts or traps or fences.Even if you assign a settler to a guard post he will charge the enemy anyway and fences eat a lot of your construction size limit so better build your town and surround it with turrets.

One last thing,after you get the castle from minuteman you can leave Preston somewhere.That idiot gives you infinite radiant quests that you can't even refuse,once you finish one and talk with him he'll give a few more.My quest log was hammered everytime with 3-4 radiant minuteman settlement quests.

I parked his ass at Murkwater Construction Site where he can eternally battle that queen mirelurk that keeps spawning there.

First version of Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch is released! You can browse ChangeLog and other useful information on AFK Mods. Be aware: while UFO4P is a stable version it does require Fallout 4 1.5 beta patch. Therefore it is recommended to wait until stable 1.5 official patch is released. Creation Kit is also to be released in near future since some very experienced mod makers are testing closed beta. It is all very similar how it went with Skyrim.

The Creation Kit is in Open Beta now. They made this cheesy video.

So the Creation Kit is the tool that we actually use every day to make the game.

Well, that explains a lot!  :face_palm:

The Creation Kit is in Open Beta now. They made this cheesy video.

So the Creation Kit is the tool that we actually use every day to make the game.

Well, that explains a lot!  :face_palm:

Such a bad video lol and it kinda explains those crappy DLC's

Such a bad video lol and it kinda explains those crappy DLC's

It also explains this, this and much more.

So, they are having their own mod platform, what do you guys think, how soon will they start to charge for premium mods?

So, they are having their own mod platform, what do you guys think, how soon will they start to charge for premium mods?

The platform kind of suck, it's not really easy to travel through the mods you are looking for (steam workshop is better than that). Nexus is not dead and far from it, I'm not too worried about a hypothetical tons of paid mod.