Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

Fallout 4

Could be... Hope there will a "NV" version of F4 then, with proper desert and mountains. Wasn't big fan of East Coast.

I was not a big fan of the NV map... it did not feel like a proper post apocalyptic/desolate/desert environment (IMO), however I did enjoy the Honest Hearts DLC map, as it had an eerie feel about it... that damn bus and those damn survivalist logs...

Having heard about Bethesda being the developers of Fallout 4 instead of Obsidian, disappointment is all I feel. Expect Fallout 3.5.

F4 uses "Creation Engine" aka updated Gamebryo engine with Physically-based Rendering (PBR) support and a dynamic volumetric lighting system Edited by RobertHammer

Could be... Hope there will a "NV" version of F4 then, with proper desert and mountains. Wasn't big fan of East Coast.

See, it's confirmed. It takes place in and around Boston this time.

Release date this 11th november.

Crafting and building stuff looks really cool. I already anticipate some AK and M16 mods for it :D. Hopefully they release somewhat stable creation kit this time around. If they truly made Skyrim using CK they released with it, no wonder this is the changelog for unofficial patch.

This conference was full of hired claquers!

So ridiculous, how you can say wooow loudly when seeing VATS or Power armor? This reminds of Apple keynotes where there is a claque almost after every sentence spoken by the host :D

Cool features of F3? Weapon and armour crafting, better lightning and particles. Playing homestead was already in Skyrim, was it really needed? They focused too much on useless shit and decorations rather than the game issues and because of game was left ridden with bugs, like critical ones and game breaking. I also fear of skills, anyone seen them in presentation? Wonder how many of then they will drop or merge into some meta-skills :/

Anyways hoping that F4 will deliver great content and tons of fun and will live for years just like other productions TES or other Fallouts.

Edited by Sudayev

If I remember correctly it was bound to it's own key in fallout 3. Normal aiming down the sights was default I think. So you can just choose not to use it.

If I remember correctly it was bound to it's own key in fallout 3. Normal aiming down the sights was default I think. So you can just choose not to use it.

Yeah, it has been bound to its own key over the past few games.

Looks like skills are out, being replaced by perks.

This conference was full of hired claquers!

? Then why did nobody really break out in excitement for the card game and the ESO expansion? Just because some people are overly happy/voicy for FO4 doesnt mean they are hired :rolleyes:

Playing homestead was already in Skyrim, was it really needed?

the skyrim dlc does in no way compare to the system FO4 intends to implement. There has been a very popular mod that did a similar thing for FO3, it was techincally pretty limited however and clunky to use. Building your own base and settlement is popular, believe it or not... look at any recent survival game. And from the sounds of it this sounds like it would be the most detailed system implemented in a survival game yet afaict. The skyrim home thing was boring and i didnt bother to get it. But this looks to be completely different.

Looks like skills are out, being replaced by perks.

I just hope there will be a categorizing system (melee, survival, ... something along those lines), so that you dont have to read every available perk to get an idea what you want to choose... when you used FO3 perk mods you propably know what i'm talking about.

Edited by X3KJ

bottom line this is so far the e3 winner this year... the graphics are not the best, but the gameplay kill everything i saw to date and its not even my kind of game. battlefront, rainbow 6 and ghost recon are.

im impressed of what they did even more after seeing halo5, bo3 and destiny presentations.

in fact i think that if valve would have released half life 3 it would be close to fallout 4.

I'm glad they took note of Fallout 3 RTS mod.The rest looked interesting too and if they have at least some decent secondary quests this will be a good game.

After 4-5 hours of playtime I can suggest that people that's on the fence aout this game should hold on to their money until moders have improved it.
Wait until the GOTY edition next year and patches and mods will probably make it a much better experience.

It has great potential, but it's not playable for me at least with the current useless console UI and subpar texture quality.

That´s why you don´t play Bethesda games on release. So far they have always been a bugridden mess the community needs to fix.

I´ll wait a year.

thats weird... I thought it looked pretty amazing.

I've been able to play on ultra and I was pleasantly surprised at the graphics and general atmosphere.

I'm using the pip boy app on my note 3 and its a great feature having access to all that stuff separate to the game.

Combat can still be a little clunky but I felt like they had improved every aspect of Fallout 3 after about 10-11 hours of gameplay.

2015-11-09_00004_zpsjalm6udl.jpg

thats weird... I thought it looked pretty amazing

Really? Take a look at this.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/9/2/9/3/2/2.bmp.jpg/EG11/resize/600x-1/quality/80/format/jpg

Do you see that door texture? Could be straight out of OFP if you ask me. I would mind a bad texture here and there, but the other technical issues it has, together with the fact that they are still using the same old engine with all its numerous problems (Savegame bloating anyone?) Is really telling me to wait until they patch it as much as they are willing to and the community does the rest. It´s just going to be bloody hard to avoid spoilers for the next year or so.....

well I have only had a few issues technically...

a couple of straight ctds but other than that I have been pleasantly surprised... that photo does look pretty tragic... 

havent seen anything like that myself in game

2015-11-10_00001_zpswsk8kivy.jpg

2015-11-09_00003_zpsv3ffzma8.jpg

those are my ingame screenshots so I havent seen any really terrible textures like that shot... even the faces don't look that blocky in game for me..

when i get to that point Ill take a screenie and see if it looks that bad... maybe they forgot a texture from fallout 2 lol

• Like 1

Well, maybe this is a good time for me to finally finish Fallout 3 and NV :D

(I do have to finish X-COM and GTOS first though....) So many games, so little time......

It looks decent when out in the open
QTuiCTP.jpg

But as much of the game play is in buildings, caves and other instances I spend most of my time looking at this:

a9MPwZ1.jpg

0vUV7zk.jpg

ckClQOy.jpg

Gallery:
http://imgur.com/a/kOF9Y

It's so bad I'm wondering if the game settings are broken? Everything is set to ultra settings, running on a good rig with GTX 970.

Well, maybe this is a good time for me to finally finish Fallout 3 and NV :D

(I do have to finish X-COM and GTOS first though....) So many games, so little time......

Yup, same for me. So many unfinished games..

@bullet purveyor

If you stick your head into the walls/objects every current gen game looks shit.