Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

Fallout 4

"Watch the official in-game trailer for Fallout 4 – the next generation of open-world gaming from the award-winning creators of Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda Game Studios.

Tune into Bethesda’s E3 Showcase on Sunday, June 14th at 7:00pm PT to see the world premiere of the game."

Oh yea , this gonna be good - i wonder what engine it uses

Technically it looks old, let's hope for a better experience than F3.

F3 was alright but not as good as New Vegas.

So, how much of that ingame trailer is really ingame? At first glance I didn´t spot any effects/graphics that seem to be unreasonable.

Looks very similar to FallOut 3 with some better lighting, but interesting to see how it comes as game.

Very candy graphics even after the nuclear war.

So, how much of that ingame trailer is really ingame? At first glance I didn´t spot any effects/graphics that seem to be unreasonable.

Well , surely it's not ingame gameplay yet - as they said they will show the actual game on E3

One Nuclear Bomb won't make the Boston look desaturated :D

Will probably use Skyrim engine,I liked the world created by Beth in F3,felt very post apocalyptic but it had piss poor quests and I liked the story and quests made by Obsidian in NV but I didn't liked that world(felt like a wild west game).

So best combo for a Fallout game would be world by Beth and quests by Obsidian.:p

If they'll follow Skyrim recipe we will have a great open world,but full of quests like "get me the plasma rifle(insert other weapons name)" or "kill the raider leader at this camp".Of course with the inevitable "I took a laser shot in the knee".

Well Witcher 3 certainly has raised the bar when it comes to quests. Bethesdas next game will of course be compared to the Witcher so maybe the´ll put more work into it this time.

Witcher 3 is definitely incredible, feels like it have content of 10 "normal" RPG-games. Even sidequests are full of detailed cinema and events while skyrim had generic copy-paste quests throught the story. Still Fallout 3 was nice to explore so definitely need to buy this too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

All I know is.... I may even pre-order it. Love the Fallout series and the mod community has been grand as well.

The post from reddit is hard to believe, especially when the op said it will be release one year later on old gen console...

For a guy who has been fired and probably signed a non disclosure information, it is a pretty stupid move.

For the release date, on the other hand it is plausible.

For a guy who has been fired and probably signed a non disclosure information, it is a pretty stupid move

That's what I said

that's the schtick of the whole series i guess... i liked playing FO3, but it never really felt desperate/ like there was any struggle to survive, or that you where in danger. The story issues the NPC's had where in stark contrast to the cartoony comedy and silly setting. I'd prefer more darker tones, Stalker esque, but it's the wrong series to expect that i guess.

Edited by X3KJ

I'm excited! Currently playing F2 with final version of Restoration Project.

Wonder when and where F4 will be situated. To my gut feeling it all looks like post-Enclave, F3-NV times. Where? Midwest, definitely :)

Graphically looks kinda balanced able to run smooth from low to high end machines. Bethesda games were always well optimized. The only thing I don't like so far is bracer-like Pipboy (ugh...)

Wonder when and where F4 will be situated. To my gut feeling it all looks like post-Enclave, F3-NV times. Where? Midwest, definitely :)

We can bet that it's set after NV and F3 and the city is definitely Boston and its surrounding.

A nice timeline about the serie:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

I don't know why would would Bethesda feature East Coast again, it was all in F3. I think they will try to continue the story in less represented regions like Midwest and Rockies, rather than launch pretty much the same landscape from F3

I don't know why would would Bethesda feature East Coast again, it was all in F3. I think they will try to continue the story in less represented regions like Midwest and Rockies, rather than launch pretty much the same landscape from F3

No, it´s definatelly Boston, you can even see the USS Constitution (or what´s left of it) in that Trailer.

I've tried and really want to get into fallout but gave up on 3 after losing my dog to a scorpion (moments silence) - I can never forgive them and I'm still tormented from the realization that he won't be back... :p

I swear those road models and textures are the same they've used for the last 2 releases, more of the same with better shaders?

No, it´s definatelly Boston, you can even see the USS Constitution (or what´s left of it) in that Trailer.

I'd not be so sure dude since there was crashed whale in the middle of a desert in F2 ;)

Well for this to be an amazing game Bethesda seriously needs to improve in some areas. They have to make it more stable. F3 was so prone to CTDs it was insane, especially if you modded it. Their games also like to degrade in performance the longer you play, savegame bloating was always a thing. They really need to improve the quality of their quests and storytelling, both were not that great in F3 and Skyrim. Characters need some personality and people in the game world need to react to the player according to his actions.