Sign in to follow this  
coward_heart

Arma 2 buildings in Terrainbuilder

So i searched here and there but havent found anything that can help me!!!!

I wan to have A2 buildings for my Arma3 Island BUT i cant get them to show up in buldozer...

So what do i need to do? for ex wanna use buildings from AIA TP

If a solution already is posted plz link me there!!!

Hey Ho Lets Go

thanx I will do that.............

.........and finally i think i figured out how to do it...

...problem solved

I just love myself so MUCH

Just in case someone has the same question and finds this, lets put an answer here:

1) With Mikero's DePBO you unpack for example structures.pbo

2) Result of the debinarization will be folder structures/ca/structures/...

3) Copy the "ca" folder into root of P: drive

4) Create library in TB from folder P://ca/structures

Then you only need to copy the structures.pbo to your addons folder (where your binarized terrain is).

Edited by ThreeDots

Just in case someone has the same question and finds this, lets put an answer here:

1) With Mikero's DePBO you debinarize for example structures.pbo

2) Result of the debinarization will be folder structures/ca/structures/...

3) Copy the "ca" folder into root of P: drive

4) Create library in TB from folder P://ca/structures

Then you only need to copy the structures.pbo to your addons folder (where your binarized terrain is).

that is not correct. mikeros tools does not debinarize...it just unpacks the pbo so you can place it in your p drive. then you load those unpacked p3ds into terrainbuilder and place on your island...you then list that mod...JBAD, which happens to be mine and smokedogs..as a required addon for players to download in order to pay on your island

that is not correct. mikeros tools does not debinarize...it just unpacks the pbo so you can place it in your p drive.

Thanks for a note, I will edit my post. Sometimes I am lost in terms...

Hi

I seem totaly unable to get this to work.

I have done exactly what the description says, and also a load of other options, placing the unpacked folders in different locations and under different sub folders, resembling the path I would expect Arma to be searching for the files.

But still I get the error message that they can not be found when I get to the ingame editor. Seems to work fine when in Bulldozer.

I am trying to import the picea and betula trees btw.

Any tips for this newb?

Hi

I seem totaly unable to get this to work.

I have done exactly what the description says, and also a load of other options, placing the unpacked folders in different locations and under different sub folders, resembling the path I would expect Arma to be searching for the files.

But still I get the error message that they can not be found when I get to the ingame editor. Seems to work fine when in Bulldozer.

I am trying to import the picea and betula trees btw.

Any tips for this newb?

If you use a2 assets in terrain builder you will need the aia mod to be able to use your island in a3

Hi M1lkm8n

I have AIA TP up and running working fine with X-Cam. I would also like to export from X-Cam to Terrain Builder at some point, but then I'm also in need of these objects available and working from the Terrain Builder Object library.

How does Arma import models when it loads up a map? How does the extention need to be?

As an example, when I tried to make an extention on the P drive that resembled the path it would be found in Arma folder (P:\@allinarmaterrainpack\addons\plants_trees2). The error message in ingame editor would read something like: "unable to find p3d model @allinarmaterrainpack\addons\plants_trees2\picea_s2." It does not give a clue as to where exactly it is searching for the files, as it isn't the complete path. I actulally sounds like it thinks it's still on the P: drive.

So how do I aim this, at the path where the AIA TP files are stored in the game folder?

Or am I missing some other point here? :confused:

Ok, got it now, after a heap of testing.

For other people maybe not getting it to work at the first go. Here is what i found I was doing wrong.

When extracting using PBOManger as I did, it gives you a folder with the pbo name. In my case "plants2_tree".

The folder "ca" will have to be created on P: drive, and this extracted content moved here, with the underscore representing a sub-folder break.

So in my case, the extention is P:\ca\plants2\tree\

This is where the p3d files and data folder is to be located.

From here, as mentioned above, import objects to TB from this location.

This solved it for me atleast.

• Like 1

sadly the tutorial is now private for some reason im having the same .p3d problem and everything appears black and white