Sign in to follow this  
HigherState

Is there a way to spawn all vehicles I want and test it?

Hello all, what I want to do is, somehow see a list of all available vehicles there are in Arma, particularly helicopters, and just fly with them around to gain skill. Ive started to play on this server where you can be a pilot and Id really like to try it, but I would first want to learn to be able to land at certain points at various cities with speed and precise. So, can I do it somehow or?

You could use the editor in the main menu. When you select Altis, double click on the map that opens, pick a side, choose air and then whatever helicopter you want. Soon as you place it down as player a preview button will show up. Welcome to arma modding.

If you are very new to Arma, you can test vehicles in editor very quickly, first you have to create player unit and then start placing "empty" vehicles you'd like to test and then you just hit "preview" :)

Also in the main menu there is "learn", choose that and go virtual arsenal (there you can test every weapon and equipment) then select virtual garage to try out all vehicles in an virtual world.

Hope this helps.

Check the Steam Workshop, there are a few missions for various types of helicopter training. You should try and pick 1 helicopter and practice with that one for a while until you are comfortable and then switch to another one. Each one have quite different flight characteristics/handling and you can get frustrated if you keep switching around when you are learning.

Thanks everyone for all of your replies, what 654wak654 said seems the easiest, Ill try that first and then the other stuff you've written here!

Thanks everyone for all of your replies, what 654wak654 said seems the easiest, Ill try that first and then the other stuff you've written here!

Virtual garage is the easiest and fastest place to test out stuff, but there is no real terrain to play in so it might feel wierd to practice there :D

Virtual garage is the easiest and fastest place to test out stuff, but there is no real terrain to play in so it might feel wierd to practice there :D

I remember a video where Dslyecxi was using the Virtual Arsenal on another map, so there must be a way.

I remember a video where Dslyecxi was using the Virtual Arsenal on another map, so there must be a way.

Yeap, theres multiple tutorials in youtube how to do it.