eaglestrike999

Queen Elizabeth-Class Aircraft Carrier - A2 Port

Now we just need F-35B and we're sorted :)

I've tried it with the ported A2 Version, VTOL landings work; other than that don't expect anything other than imminent death. I'm somewhat hopeful about Randomslaps WIP F-35B. Which brings me onto Phyxs still isn't compatible, with the only known working airframes to be AV-8B II (slightly ironic...) and / or rotary airframes.

Can't wait for this. If I remember rightly JDog made a script for the ramp so that you wouldn't damage your landing gear. Also just wondering, will you be making the Highly Mechanised Weapons Handling System (HMWHS) ?

Can't wait for this. If I remember rightly JDog made a script for the ramp so that you wouldn't damage your landing gear. Also just wondering, will you be making the Highly Mechanised Weapons Handling System (HMWHS) ?

Yes JDog did make a script to repair the landing gear however that only is triggered at the top of the ramp, which is a bit late when you've already exploded. As for HMWHS, we've not really thought about it and the only things we have thought about regarding weapons would be the use of a Phalanx or Goalkeeper CIWS(s). But that is just being tossed around at this moment in time.

I've tried it with the ported A2 Version, VTOL landings work; other than that don't expect anything other than imminent death. I'm somewhat hopeful about Randomslaps WIP F-35B. Which brings me onto Phyxs still isn't compatible, with the only known working airframes to be AV-8B II (slightly ironic...) and / or rotary airframes.

Don't worry, I won't make my F35B configured to PhysX. I am not a fan of PhysX on aircraft classes. I hope to see this awesome project in A3 by the time I release the F35B! Great work and keep it up! :)

Don't worry, I won't make my F35B configured to PhysX. I am not a fan of PhysX on aircraft classes. I hope to see this awesome project in A3 by the time I release the F35B! Great work and keep it up! :)

I agree with Slap. The F35C that im doing will not be PhySx capable either. Right now it lands and takes off from the nimitz with no difficulties, as i am sure it will work on your carrier also. Looking forward to this

To be honest only Chairborne AV Harrier and Slap's F-35C need to work with the ramp, those are the only aircraft's that will ever use the ramp on HMS QE.

To be honest only Chairborne AV Harrier and Slap's F-35C need to work with the ramp, those are the only aircraft's that will ever use the ramp on HMS QE.

You mean the F35B ;) Just to clear things up, Fuller is working on the F35C as I work on the F35B.

Oh yes so many F-35's my mistake, yes the B version, looking forward to release of your F-35 and Fullers C version, possible to fix the problem with ramp you can do the same thing as they did with the Nimitz so you clicl 'salute' and the lunch is automatic. PS. Check your inbox Slap if possible.

To be honest only Chairborne AV Harrier <snip> the only aircraft's that will ever use the ramp on HMS QE.

The Sea Harrier was retired in 2006, and it's temporary fill-in GR9 was only used 2006-2010 by the Royal Navy. All UK harriers out of all UK services as of 2011. Sad, but true.

The QE won't be operationally capable until 2020 (est), therefore pretty much no chance of the two meeting, unless time travel is taken into account (Final Countdown anyone? ;)

It's the F-35B or bust. Though that similarly won't be around in production numbers until some time 2018 onwards.

possible to fix the problem with ramp you can do the same thing as they did with the Nimitz so you clicl 'salute' and the lunch is automatic.

The main problem with that suggestion is that the Nimitz Class & Gerald R. Ford Class supercarriers rely on CATOBAR techniques with the Queen Elizabeth is without, however there is a function to align with the runway/ ramp. As far as I can remember I'm 99.8% sure that all plans for CATOBAR on QE have been mothballed due to costing too much; Hence the use of V/STOL airframes.

And the ramp seems to be working fine at sub 160 Kph airspeeds and on occasion 200+ kph.

Is it the open source Olly's F-35C (FC-37) ?

It is but i have heavily modified it from its open source state

Oh nice, I remember when it originally came out it was very good, but then other mods with more features showed up, good with luck with that, maybe there will be an OP once with HMS QE and Nimitz. :P Both with F-35B and C. Ye I'm very aware of QE not having catapults etc. You could line up the F-35 on the yellow line, and then lunch some kind of script. Then again I'm sure after some tweaking the ramp can work fully, and as you said 60% works every time :P.

The Sea Harrier was retired in 2006, and it's temporary fill-in GR9 was only used 2006-2010 by the Royal Navy. All UK harriers out of all UK services as of 2011. Sad, but true.

The QE won't be operationally capable until 2020 (est), therefore pretty much no chance of the two meeting, unless time travel is taken into account (Final Countdown anyone?

It's the F-35B or bust. Though that similarly won't be around in production numbers until some time 2018 onwards.

Ye well we Brits in Arma are in bad position. RKSL Eurofighter most likely never coming out, Italian Pedagne mod with Eurofighter no idea when that will come out. So we have to pull back to the harriers or push to the F-35's (neither of them work with new ACE) Sad UK MilSim life.

Edited by Wordy-UKSF
few paragraphs

Ye well we Brits in Arma are in bad position. RKSL Eurofighter most likely never coming out, I...

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Muhahahah!

The QE won't be operationally capable until 2020 (est), therefore pretty much no chance of the two meeting, unless time travel is taken into account (Final Countdown anyone? ;)

Regarding that point I remembered something I came across on the BBC News website, however I do not know of its legitimacy it offers a quite interesting read (Here And Here). Which once again states that the US Marine Corps could fly from QE in the interim period until the RAF / RN are operationally prepared, meaning a possible return of the Harrier to a flight deck of a British Carrier.

Like I've said I'm unsure about the legitimacy of the report and if anyone can shed light on it It would be appreciated. Also I failed to mention a while back, the FC-37 had a none PhysX release which works fine with the ramp, likewise with the F/A-18E/F Hornets (Really don't ask why I tested this one).

What Rock said a while back.

Evening all, just for the record:

• The reports of RKSL's demise are completely bogus.
  • The project isn't dead. Actually its probably more alive now than it has been for a year or more. Its just not being advertised.

Edited by Lugi

We are planning to do an interior for the ATC at least but that's further down the line. As for an interior for the bridge, haven't really discussed it. Here's a quick pic I took of the interior of the ATC that we have right now.
Funny thing is, I'm imagining this ending up more visually detailed than Bohemia's own ATC tower interiors, much less

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Muhahahah!

Oh trust me Rock, I haven't, I'm waiting since the day of the announcement :) checking forums everyday.

Funny thing is, I'm imagining this ending up more visually detailed than Bohemia's own ATC tower interiors,

More detail would be interesting, but the question is what is meant by more detail ? working screens of some sort, maybe, although we never had an ATC tower with working equipment as far as I know.

More detail would be interesting, but the question is what is meant by more detail ? working screens of some sort, maybe, although we never had an ATC tower with working equipment as far as I know.

The idea is to have scroll actions to various functions of the ship. One thing we are hoping to include is floodlights for the flight deck. We haven't really thought about any other actions but hopefully the interiors will be nicely detailed and textured.

So after toying around with the new tower models, I decided to get them in-engine to see what they'd be like, and to say they have no materials, UVs, Textures or anything really. The new WIP islands look alright.

e2ab4d04-450e-425c-805f-abe32091eaa9_zpsakksymwx.jpg

2015-06-09_00005_zpsw9ehqg9q.jpg

Ignore the windows, I forgot to delete them from the old model. Like I've already stated these if anything are proof of concept images and do not resemble the final project... (Damn this is starting to sound commercial). There should be more screenshots of work put out in the near future. Well thats if we remember.

• Like 1

So because I'm a stickler for detail that I am, while out an about with my family I had a sudden urge to go over some past "issues", I'd guess you call them that, regarding the ramp / Ski jump. To the point where in a note book six pages of scribbles just regarding the ramp was formed. But within that pile of scribbles I found something rather interesting if our ramp is 6 meters high and 30 meters (Not exact values just values out of my head because I'm too lazy to measure the ramp) long we'd get about 11.3 degrees. But what has this got to do with the model and ramp etc? Well 12 degrees is the optimum angle for the ramp its self any higher and It could, theoretically induce an unrecoverable stall to the airframe. But with ArmA physics that does not particually matter inasmuch as the ramp functioning its self.

However with that I noticed on the Forces TV website a video showing the first F-35B ramp take off on a mock-up ramp of HMS QE which may serve as a useful reference point in the future.

http://bcove.me/pqcwrsxy

The Article with the video

There should be more coming in the next few days or weeks and possibly something to show for Armed Forces Day.... But we'll see.

So it seems I forgot to post on armed forces day (Boo hiss) but something should get posted when I return from sunny France. Unless eaglestrike999 gets there first

awesome work guys excited by the work yall have accomplished so far its nice to see the respective carrier/amphibious ships coming together for various nations the LHD's for the us and carrier in the Brazilian armed forces , the Spanish armed forces have been working on one as well, you mentioned in earlier posts about working elevators will there be passage or stairways to the lower deck ? will there be enterable rooms/briefing rooms all that said im eagerly excited to see how this turns out