Sign in to follow this  
sultanofswing

Unable to install Arma 2/Operation Arrowhead

Hello everyone, Kind of a problem here. I have owned Arma 2/Operation arrowhead for a few years now. Recently I built a new machine and would like to reinstall Arma 2. The old links in my email to download no longer were valid. I logged into the store and found the new downloader. Before I would download Sprocket and that would download all necessary files. Now it is a single file and when I try to install I get the error that it is unable to find Setup01.bin.

I am using Windows 10 so that may be why. Has anyone else had this issue?

error_zpspjxgxixq.jpg

The latest (1.63) OA/CO builds are STEAM only (due to shutdown/switch from GameSpy), so i assume that could be a reason as to why you're having trouble installing them from the website.

If you have a STEAM account, you are able to redeem both the A2 and OA key via 'Activate a Product on Steam' and should then be able to install/run both games fine from there.

Personally i have no experience with Windows 10 and haven't heard any feedback from others on whether the games work with it or not, but i would recommend you try installing both through STEAM first if you haven't already.

On a side note, very much looking forward to W10! :cool:

Edited by Markokil321

The latest (1.63) OA/CO builds are STEAM only (due to shutdown/switch from GameSpy), so i assume that could be a reason as to why you're having trouble installing them from the website.

If you have a STEAM account, you are able to redeem both the A2 and OA key via 'Activate a Product on Steam' and should then be able to install/run both games fine from there.

Personally i have no experience with Windows 10 and haven't heard any feedback from others on whether the games work with it or not, but i would recommend you try installing both through STEAM first if you haven't already.

On a side note, very much looking forward to W10! :cool:

Not very long after I made the post I found out the same information you just said. Both are installing through Steam now.

Also remember to:

1) Run Steam as administrator.

2) Download A2 first, and launch. You only need to go to the main screen, then exit.

3) Download OA and launch.

Some have had issues from not running as administrator.

Some have had issues from not launching A2 before installing OA.

Also remember to:

1) Run Steam as administrator.

2) Download A2 first, and launch. You only need to go to the main screen, then exit.

3) Download OA and launch.

Some have had issues from not running as administrator.

Some have had issues from not launching A2 before installing OA.

Correct, I never had any issues with the 2 combining to make CO. Gonna let them download and will install tomorrow night after work. Thanks for the heads up though.