diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

My uncle is a 160th SOAR veteran! I will give him a shout and see if he could possibly provide a solution to the sound accuracy, (might even be able to get a sample) i'll update this post when i get in touch with him. Did you guys update today?

That would be awesome! Yeah there's a changelog in the previous page and a download link as well. Foxhound should update the Armaholic link soon.

Hey thanks for the heads up! This was a previously unknown bug for us. jones140 was kind enough to reproduce such bug and identified it as an issue with ACE when trying to place prisoners in FFV seats in general. So the only helicopter in the mod that would let you carry a single prisoner without seeing this bug is the H-6M, which has a normal cargo seat in the rear compartment. In the next update we will add a line to the config which will have that seat as the first one in the seating order. But if you guys don't feel like waiting, feel free to add it and repack the mod for your personal use. I think it should work by adding this under the MELB_base class:

getInProxyOrder[] = {9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10};

I'll try it out later today, but if you do before me, please let me know if it works out!

Thanks!

No Problem sykoCrazy !! Thanks for the quick reply on the issue, I realize conforming to ACE isn't necessarily your responsibility but the fix would prob make some folks happy. Cant wait to get off work , get home, and test the updated MELB out !!!

Echoing the comments of those above, great additions and fixes. The addition of the passenger spaces on the AH is great and something I was thinking about the other day after it was mentioned in a book.

Definitely the most fun heli's to fly and a must have since the first day you released the alpha. Look forward to the future updates and the introduction of the interchangeable load outs. Do you plan to have a public rollout map at all or just "as it comes"?

Question why were the MK19, TOW, Stinger, and M230 weapons dismissed. Because those were used on the heli and would be really cool to use them for missions in game.

Love the new additions. :)

Just out of curiosity: What did you guys change in the RotorLib file?

I feel the birds are a bit more capable than before, but what did you exactly change? Because IMHO the most logical and correct way would be to increase the amount of rotorblades from 5/2 to 6/4.

Main Rotor

<Rotors>
   <Rotor type="FGRotorBladeElementTheory">
     <InfoPrint printControlInputs="false" printFlappingInfo="false"/>
     <ModelConfiguration maxIntegrationStepSizeDeg="1.0" />

<Geometry>
       <Position x="0.0" y="0.025" z="1.600" />
       <Tilt lateralTilt="0.0" longitudinalTilt="0" />
       <Blades radius="4.165" chord="0.171" rootCutout="0.7" [b][color="#FF0000"]count="5"[/color][/b] hingeOffset="0.1333" flappingHingeLowerLimit="-5" flappingHingeHigherLimit="10" />
       <Rotation clockwise="false"/>
     </Geometry>

<MechanicalFeatures Ir="355"  Ib="71" maxBrakeTorque="500" />

Tail Rotor

<Rotor type="FGRotorMomentumTheory">
     <InfoPrint printControlInputs="false" printFlappingInfo="false"/>
     <Geometry>
       <Position x="-0.280" y="-5.044" z="0.546"/>
       <Tilt lateralTilt="-105.0" longitudinalTilt="0.0" />
       <Blades radius="0.71" chord="0.050" [color="#FF0000"][b]count="2"[/b][/color] hingeOffset="0.0" />
       <Delta3 angle="0" />
     </Geometry>

<MechanicalFeatures Ir="0.35"  Ib="0.027"/>

With those changes you would need to increase the Maxtorque values in the rotorlib class in the config also.

Best regards

Would be good if we could set the loadouts via a script instead of different objects.

Loving these birds right now, that GAU-19/19 shot rocket pod combo is a blast, cant wait til they're fully fleshed out. Any chance that later on we'll see setups like this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/SAS_2010_AH-6.JPG? Granted, I honestly don't know what those are supposed to be on that missile mount on the left wing, but damned if it don't look cool. Also, if/when you guys integrate a loadout selection system, are you going to be adding any other paint schemes?

Or simply add two M-134 to exist version :)

AH-6-2.jpg

Are the IR Jammer supposed to work against CSAT AA?

Edited by Sorken

Thanks Foxhound!!

Do you plan to have a public rollout map at all or just "as it comes"?

It's hard for us to stick to a deadline, but we have a general idea of we want to do for each update. For example: the next update will be focused on guided weapons, among other things :)

Question why were the MK19, TOW, Stinger, and M230 weapons dismissed. Because those were used on the heli and would be really cool to use them for missions in game.

Hi, we took a step back and decided to make Stingers. The MK19 and TOW are still not gonna be worked on. Recently we came across some solid information that the M230 is at least something in their arsenal, but that's all the info we got. There are no photos, technical information for how it's mounted, what it looks like or other important stuff. So to avoid wasting time coming up with ideas of what it could be, we're gonna keep working on our planned features and hopefully some more information on the M230 will come out.

Love the new additions. :)

Just out of curiosity: What did you guys change in the RotorLib file?

I feel the birds are a bit more capable than before, but what did you exactly change? Because IMHO the most logical and correct way would be to increase the amount of rotorblades from 5/2 to 6/4.

With those changes you would need to increase the Maxtorque values in the rotorlib class in the config also.

Thanks for the info! I changed the ground contacts, coordinates for both rotors and emergencyHP from 550 to 600, dunno if the HP change works. I have no way of testing the last 2 tweaks accurately, because i use a 360 controller to fly with the AFM(Diesel's the one with the full HOTAS setup, and he's away for a few weeks). One of the other changes was the 6/4 rotor blade setting that you mentioned, but that made the rotors break if i wasn't extremely sensitive with the controls, so i switched it back to 5/2 since that worked and decided to release to get people's feedback.

You definitely know more than i do about how to tweak the .xml, so please feel free to PM me so we can talk more about it!

Would be good if we could set the loadouts via a script instead of different objects.

We've stated multiple times that there will be a loadout system in future updates :D

Loving these birds right now, that GAU-19/19 shot rocket pod combo is a blast, cant wait til they're fully fleshed out. Any chance that later on we'll see setups like this https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/SAS_2010_AH-6.JPG? Granted, I honestly don't know what those are supposed to be on that missile mount on the left wing, but damned if it don't look cool. Also, if/when you guys integrate a loadout selection system, are you going to be adding any other paint schemes?

Thanks! With the previously mentioned loadout system you'll be able to have a similar setup. Those 4 black rockets are DAGRs and the bigger one might be a JAGM(U.S. is looking at this as a replacement for TOWs, Hellfires and Mavericks). We really have no idea what to do about paint schemes. We have this really cool picture of a grey/blueish MH-6(probably to make it harder to spot in daytime). There are rumors that a similar paint job was used once in the 90s. On the other hand that picture was taken after the year 2000 and that specific helicopter is a known test platform, so that really doesn't mean that it passed the test phase.

Anyway, we will release a PSD file with the final version, so you can paint it whatever color you want :D

Or simply add two M-134 to exist version :)

http://fightersweep.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/AH-6-2.jpg

That's a real killing machine. Sadly it only has one M-134, the GAU-19 ammo belt gets in the way of mounting one on the left side. Here's the other side of that heli, and here's another one with a similar loadout. That loadout in that last picture has been spotted multiple times in the last few years during training exercises.

Now, if you put the GAU-19 on the right side, you can add 2 M134 :D

Are the IR Jammers supposed to work against CSAT AA?

They should work, yeah. Keep in mind these are not actually IR jammers, they're more like automatic flares. So you increase the chance they'll work by making evasive maneuvers just before the missile gets too close.

They should work, yeah. Keep in mind these are not actually IR jammers, they're more like automatic flares. So you increase the chance they'll work by making evasive maneuvers just before the missile gets too close.

Good stuff! One (schtoopid) question however. Do I need to manually activate the countermeasures or are they in fact automatic?

Good stuff! One (schtoopid) question however. Do I need to manually activate the countermeasures or are they in fact automatic?

You activate them with the countermeasure hotkey, just like other flares in the game. But you only need to press it once, they'll be active for 30 seconds and then have a cooldown time of 60 seconds.

So it mean that you will not include TOW for LB or it is just for later? I like use simple things, and LB with TOW is simple and needs cooperation to be used (pilot and gunner), and normal rocket like hellfire is too easy, just lock'n'shoot.

can you please upload your mod to other website? Armaholic/withSix download speed s*cks so badly.

Been testing last night and all day Syko. Changes are great. Helo is better than ever !

Always good to hear that, thanks!

So it mean that you will not include TOW for LB or it is just for later? I like use simple things, and LB with TOW is simple and needs cooperation to be used (pilot and gunner), and normal rocket like hellfire is too easy, just lock'n'shoot.

Yeah, the TOW is a lot of fun.. If more people show interest in it we'll add it to the list. The Mk19 however will not be made :D

can you please upload your mod to other website? Armaholic/withSix download speed s*cks so badly.

Weird.. i just downloaded from Armaholic and didn't see anything wrong. Here's a google drive link to where i keep the public mod .rar file. Hope it works!

TOW would be fun, however not before quality sounds are made for the existing ones and the other bugs are fixed!

The DAGR that is being added will obviously need to follow the same format, so the Copilot should have plenty to manage on his end.

Looking forward to the next update gentlemen, this mod is above and beyond the rest as far as I'm concerned. :)

Can you add the ACE Eject function to the config? This way pilots can jump out of the helo with the engine still running

Can you add the ACE Eject function to the config? This way pilots can jump out of the helo with the engine still running

double tap "V" to eject from vehicle,or scroll wheel and in action menu you have eject option

There's definitely no 'eject' button for me...mod conflict perhaps? Can anybody else confirm that they have an eject option?