diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

Thanks to everyone for using the mod!
And thanks to Foxhound and kecharles28 for the uploads.

Love the mod. Isn't it time to drop the "EXPERIMENTAL" text on these birds? :)

Soonâ„¢

Yes. Now if just Saitek could replace my pedals I'd be a happy puppy.

@sykocrazy: Do you have somewhere we can post (flight model) feedback and requests? Here in the forum or some issue tracker?

Here you go. My bad, forgot to link it on the update post, that's been fixed. It's also on the first page.

Thanks for trying out the mod!

• Like 2

Great work guys, I love little birds and this mod so much. It's my absolute favorite thing for Arma, thank you for making it!

Only complaint about it is the grease pencil crosshair. I liked the dot in the last release better, but all of them have felt inaccurate. I don't know if that's just me. I would love it if we could get the same crosshairs from the Pawnee, that change for weapon type. Or.. at least something similar to what Dslyecxi is using, with the red dot and I-Beam crosshairs.

Pretty slick lil' helicopter. Still one of my favs and getting better and better!! 

~S

• Like 1

Someone sent in a bug report about the collision lights not showing up.

We left this out of the changelog, so i should make this clear. For this version, we removed the standard collision lights in favor of IR position or formation lights. So you can only see them when using NVGs. 

We want some feedback to see if people prefer this to the standard ones as we have not yet found a way to have both be activated separately.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Vote for NVG only! If you will not find solution ofcourse. It's quite usefull when you lost your wingman and try give vis aid for rejoin or avoid collision at the same area and don't be detect by normal lights.

Why not adding them both?  Collision lights are flashing bright in NVG at night so you can have option to turn on formation lights (NVG capable ) 

We left this out of the changelog, so i should make this clear. For this version, we removed the standard collision lights in favor of IR position or formation lights. So you can only see them when using NVGs. 

We want some feedback to see if people prefer this to the standard ones as we have not yet found a way to have both be activated separately.

Thanks!

You could talk to saul and john from f18 they got formation lights and collision lights.
  • Like 1

Thanks!

Why not both?

• Like 1

"We want some feedback to see if people prefer this to the standard ones as we have not yet found a way to have both be activated separately."

Read...

From my personal opinion and experience having the normal lights help. I fly with a bunch of people at the same time. And when they can't see me in the dark, its a little hard to find me.

Raising hand about the anonymous bug report 😉

I just accidentally came across this as we flew some formation training.

I like the idea of IR lights, but have not been able to test yet. I tend to use the collision lights quite often and really do miss them. If I do have to choose I would go for standard lights as they work both in day and night regardless of NVGs.

btw, love the search light now being effective up to 150-170 meters ðŸ‘

I personally like the formation lights better.

These are SOAR helicopters after all, and as per their mission statement, the Night Stalker's only true ally is the night. I find it more realistic and sensible to use IR lights since the SOAR relies so heavily on the cover of darkness for their operations.

• Like 6

The UAV variants if you do implement them should have dual miniguns opposed to rockets. The unarmed version should be easier to disable its engines as theres more sensitive equipment on board to be damaged 

I agree with Cygan and Giltar as a special forces helicopter operating almost at nights the best lights should be IR useful with NVG.

I personally like the formation lights better.

These are SOAR helicopters after all, and as per their mission statement, the Night Stalker's only true ally is the night. I find it more realistic and sensible to use IR lights since the SOAR relies so heavily on the cover of darkness for their operations.

This is exactly how it should be as far as I'm concerned. Giving away your position with lights is never a smart idea when you are using darkness to mask your movements.

I like the IR lights. Of course, never stop looking for a solution to include both, but if you're going to go with just one then I'd roll with the IR.

I think there are two sides of the matter.

1. I totally agree that this bird is in need of all the cover it can get and going all out black is one way of covering up.

2. The other side is that one also uses these birds for transport not only inside the AO..

So i think it adds to the immersion to have lights that one can turn on and off that are visible without NVGs. It good ( read cool) for players on the ground to notice an incoming chopper with their lights on.

Secondly this also adds the aspect of "FENCE IN/OUT" when using the chopper in AO.

I think its a good SOP which also adds to the "pilot feeling" to FENCE IN before entering hostile areas.

I did a test of the IR lights and they are nice, but flying formations in close proximity without any visual clues are quite hard, unless one also uses IE CTAB to keep track of other movments.

Hello,

Really nice work, Could you contact me about permission to use this.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback guys! If we figure out how to make both types of collision lights work then we will definitely use them.

Hello,

Really nice work, Could you contact me about permission to use this.

Thanks

Hi, thanks for trying out the mod!
Feel free to send me a PM with more details about how you intend to use the mod.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the feedback guys! If we figure out how to make both types of collision lights work then we will definitely use them.

Hi, thanks for trying out the mod!

Feel free to send me a PM with more details about how you intend to use the mod.

Thanks again!

Hello, I believe you've been copied in to the PM I sent Diesel.

Thanks