diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

On 1/10/2017 at 7:53 PM, MANTIA said:

Have a problem related to MELBs.  A guy in my group gets disconnected from our server every time a MELB starts up.  We've ran tests and confirmed right when a MELB spools he loses connection. Any ideas on what might cause this and how to fix it?

Thanks

Can you get him to complete this form with the item ticked as a critical bug?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cbXalgQz8Nd8sLvkJfZPiY9PbprmDbG4e1rpczuRuPg/viewform?c=0&w=1

Pastebin of the RPT file would also help isolate and resolve this bug. 

Spoiler

RPT can be found at C:\Users\*computer name*\AppData\Local\Arma 3

• Like 1

I could be wrong about the science on this (I'm not 100% sure what wavelength range IRCMs use), I am entirely understanding that the IRCMs shouldn't look like a flare to the human eye, but wouldn't it pretty much look like a crazy disco ball exploding with NVG or at least FLIR imaging?

Also as a side note from that, Has the rifle "rack" in front of the door been disabled? I could have sworn that your rifle used to get placed into it before

Oh man Pravus, that would be rad. I kinda nerd out when I fly and actually put my rifle and backpack in the helicopter's inventory. Seeing the rifle in a rack would be SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!

I could have sworn it did function, I noticed the rifle wasn't in the rack a ways back..

Dear developers,

I am preparing a mission concerning the battle of mogadishu.
To obtain the maximum immersion, I would need a specific version of Littlebird which is not represented in your fantastic addon.
In fact, I think it's easy to reproduce because it's on the images on the Armaholic release page, and was present in the Arma 2 version, the MH-6J:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/dayz-breaking-point/images/6/6a/MH-6J.png/revision/latest?cb=20130630234227

Is it possible to include this variant in your addon?

Thanks!

AFAIK the rifle was visible in an earlier revision. But was removed because of the G-Force  animation by BIS would actually unalign the rifle from the weapon holder.

For legacy purposes, a A/MH-6J would be cool... But would require extensive amount of work. New main cockpit Console (all analog), main rotor with 5 Blades, A Tail Rotor with 2 Blades. New Sitting benches and an old FLIR Pod. Just porting the A2 stuff would look wierd within the new shiny helicopters... :)

• Like 2

Hello ... Is there a addon to fix the  Aim dot maybe to the arma 3 pawnee reticle ?

Has anyone else noticed that the MELBs "hitbox" is low and to the rear? we did some testing and pretty much every inbound rocket that had lock would explode below the anti-torque.. we did various testing and we we realized alot of the survivability the MELB has is entirely because missiles don't track the aircraft correctly, even at a dead hover (without the aid of CM at all) I was mostly taking indirect damage from the missile exploding behind and below me, add in hauling ass through a valley and there are times I don't even notice things were exploding directly behind me.. Granted this effect is exponentially "worse" solely because of the amount of raw direct damage the MELB can take is pretty much double or more then any stock aircraft and maybe 5x then most modded aircraft.. I do however like that aspect though, it seems many mod makers make some amazingly cool helos and clearly put alot of time into them rather then just porting in some clapped out Arma 2 model, but then they make it so frail that small arms fire will not only disable the aircraft but actually explode it before it hits the ground.. So I guess what I am saying is I like the "hitpoints" the MELB has but there is something very wrong with missile tracking against it which somewhat pushes it into the realm of OP since missiles almost have zero chance on knocking one outa the sky even after multiple "hits" (on avg I take 7-8 indirect hits before I need to land or auto-rotate for repairs).. any feedback from the makers or other users would be good to hear!

My personnel experience flying the MELB in a hot enviroment... If I fail to evade and defeat the SA-Missile, I normaly have a indirect hit as well. Most of the time I got a fuelleak after the impact and loose arround 3/4 of the fuel. A second missile will normaly cause an instant defect Main Rotor (But then the ZEUS Operator just spammed way to many Manpads... ). Auto-Rotations because of an engine failure is most of the time just caused by small arms fire.

But I will be honest... the MELB is a small target with a even smaller heat signature. So I actually like the behavior a lot more than the instant blowing up and no chance for survival feel the vanilla vehicles give... ;-)

• Like 4

Small arms fire or even (sometimes) hit by manpad they do not cause explosion of helos risks at each times.
The problem is the people  don't pay attension to know  about real life situation.

But in  MELB situations i think is problem is to strong armor a little bit even if rocket blow up near by helo. About "hitpoint" and tracking by rocket we must remember that MELB is a very small target as heat signature for manpads as a IR rocket as they are. So placeing  hitpoint for this type weapon is good solution for me. More over we must remember one more thing. This kind of helicopter as SOF aviation has highend electronic device and jammer has it's standard equipment. Thats whats makes MELB difficult to hit ..... but meaby a little bit too difficult - difficult to judge finally.

I like "as real as possible" but for me could be stay as is.

11 hours ago, Pravus said:

... Granted this effect is exponentially "worse" solely because of the amount of raw direct damage the MELB can take is pretty much double or more then any stock aircraft and maybe 5x then most modded aircraft...

yep ... that being said, our group loves this unit and if i had to choose between the "Ka-F@ckin-Boom" characteristics of most other rotor wing craft in the game and having something a little "too durable", i will happily choose the Mighty MELB; 

• Like 1

In Dev,Point and Lock would make off-boresight shots become possible in A3.  Could Track IR be used to move the camera/turret ball by head movement?  Make the co-pilot fly when in camera mode will be most useful.

On 2/4/2017 at 6:04 AM, teddymosart1 said:

In Dev,Point and Lock would make off-boresight shots become possible in A3.  Could Track IR be used to move the camera/turret ball by head movement?  Make the co-pilot fly when in camera mode will be most useful.

should be doable, not sure how much of a pain it would be.. a ways back my unit tried out an apache that had the main gun track where the pilot looks, and since I have TrackIR I look at something and it dies.. That apache had some very cool aspects to it, however small arms fire would pick it outa the sky, SUPER broken glass cannon..

So the last big update to RHS seems not to have fixed the laser - locking issues. But, stuff has happend to the melb so its being worked on. I guess we need to hold our horses just a little bit longer. This is just one of the finest vehilces mods i've ever come across. I just really, really hope we will see a stand alone version of this some day (same goes for the incredivle MarkVsoc). Don't get me wrong, RHS is a great compilation, but for normal SP stuff i really like to keep my arsenal as vanilla and lean as possible.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 2:03 AM, Pravus said:

I could be wrong about the science on this (I'm not 100% sure what wavelength range IRCMs use), I am entirely understanding that the IRCMs shouldn't look like a flare to the human eye, but wouldn't it pretty much look like a crazy disco ball exploding with NVG or at least FLIR imaging?

No, the IRCM will be warm, so you may see that on FLIR and on NVGs, but it's not radiating funkiness within both of those device's spectrum.

On 4/18/2016 at 4:11 AM, sykocrazy said:

On 4/17/2016 at 3:35 PM, khaosmatical said:

What is the plan with the MELB mod now it also has incorporation into RHS? Is the MELB team going to be doing all the work on the RHS versions or are you guys sticking with the standalone?

The two versions will be pretty much the same. We're working on both versions so there won't be a lot of differences among them. The standalone version will be the one with a more constant update schedule(not that there are that many updates needed for the future).

:(

On 2/13/2017 at 3:20 PM, gatordev said:

No, the IRCM will be warm, so you may see that on FLIR and on NVGs, but it's not radiating funkiness within both of those device's spectrum.

Yea I remember reading something about overheating was a big issue with'em and needed "cool-down" periods, wasn't sure about which wavelengths all those things operated at.. Kinda wonder what it would look like now...

I am In Love with this mod, by far this is the best helicopter ive ever flown in arma3,  it litteraly gives me massive erections because i can do everything easily and get my troops in and out of tight places

BUT..... i could use a vietnam era O6( ;) ) due to the fact that my unit is using UNSUNG and we normally use the amazing hueys they have, But they do not have an Littlebirds, Could diffently use one, or maybe just skins, either way if it could happen in anyway id be very thankfull. Much Much Much Love for this team and their mod, amazing job well done

• Like 1

I have Problems with the Hellfire version of the MELB (MELB_AH6M_H).

Playing with ACE it seems locking on the laser is broken. :(

Vanilla is running fine. It is a problem with the ACE laser system.

i just want to make shure that the problem is not on my end.

Does anybody else having this problem?

runing melb with CBA (3.2.1) and ACE (3.9.0)

• Like 1

Same problem here. It's been an issue since couple months.

Plus the camera at the moment is very unstable and ground tracking is sadly not as smooth as it was before :(.

Maybe the dev's overhaul the system when BIS releases their Targeting Enhancements with the Jet DLC. That would be nice. :)

But still the best bird out there :)

• Like 2

On 2/18/2017 at 5:05 AM, Flogknaw said:

I am In Love with this mod, by far this is the best helicopter ive ever flown in arma3,  it litteraly gives me massive erections because i can do everything easily and get my troops in and out of tight places

BUT..... i could use a vietnam era O6( ;) ) due to the fact that my unit is using UNSUNG and we normally use the amazing hueys they have, But they do not have an Littlebirds, Could diffently use one, or maybe just skins, either way if it could happen in anyway id be very thankfull. Much Much Much Love for this team and their mod, amazing job well done

Maybe i'm missing something and/or use it wrong, but i can't seem to lock on anything even without ace.

1 hour ago, rhyfelwyr said:

Maybe i'm missing something and/or use it wrong, but i can't seem to lock on anything even without ace.

Are you lasing the target first? Both DAGR and Hellfires need a laser

• Like 1