diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

What is the plan with the MELB mod now it also has incorporation into RHS? Is the MELB team going to be doing all the work on the RHS versions or are you guys sticking with the standalone?

• Like 3

Thanks to everyone for using the mod and giving us precious feedback! We're working to release a new update soon.

Our pay tribute for modmakers by short film:

http://youtu.be/gU_9e62JTo8

Thank you for the best ever "toy" in Arma 3.

That's an awesome video! Thanks for sharing it!

What is the plan with the MELB mod now it also has incorporation into RHS? Is the MELB team going to be doing all the work on the RHS versions or are you guys sticking with the standalone?

The two versions will be pretty much the same. We're working on both versions so there won't be a lot of differences among them. The standalone version will be the one with a more constant update schedule(not that there are that many updates needed for the future).

• Like 5

Thanks to everyone for using the mod and giving us precious feedback! We're working to release a new update soon.

Very exciting to hear. Still my favorite helo in the game by far.

The two versions will be pretty much the same. We're working on both versions so there won't be a lot of differences among them. The standalone version will be the one with a more constant update schedule(not that there are that many updates needed for the future).

Awesome!

hi 

would like to make a request for the next release.

I would really appreciate if you can allow both pilot and gunner to pan, zoom change modes on the monitor without having to go full screen in optics mode.  Even for the pilot who controls the gun, it will be very valuable to see enemy infantry on the monitor in the heat-signature mode because usually the infantry is difficult to spot using naked eye in the helicopter.

• Like 2

I think that would be easier to implement when the new targeting pod system is added in vanilla.

is there targeting pod system planned for vanilla.  is it coming? any time soon?  where can one find more details about this pod?

Love these birds and wonder if a "top down" attack profile for the Hellfire is in your plans?

Keep it up!

/KC

• Like 1

Any details on what exactly was updates, removed, ect in the RHS version? 

• Like 1

is there targeting pod system planned for vanilla.  is it coming? any time soon?  where can one find more details about this pod?

Isn't the co-pilot camera a targeting 'pod'/ball? You've already got one on the front, don't need another.

Do anybody know where to find the classnames for this.

Do anybody know where to find the classnames for this.

"MELB_H6M","MELB_AH6M_L","MELB_AH6M_M","MELB_AH6M_H","MELB_MH6M"

Can always hover over Entity in editor and it will provide with class names or use config view in editor

• Like 1

It's great to see it's functional, we have plans to look into it this weekend. We'll let everyone know what we decide.

Is MELB supporting ACE3 FRIES out of the box still under investigation/consideration, or did it get shelved?

Still the best vehicle mod, bar none.  Keep up the awesome work.  :)

• Like 2

"MELB_H6M","MELB_AH6M_L","MELB_AH6M_M","MELB_AH6M_H","MELB_MH6M"

Can always hover over Entity in editor and it will provide with class names or use config view in editor

Thank you Jones.S.

Is MELB supporting ACE3 FRIES out of the box still under investigation/consideration, or did it get shelved?

Still the best vehicle mod, bar none.  Keep up the awesome work.  :)

The Current Release and Release in RHS Currently Do not support ace fries. BUT  this is planed for the next Release AFAIK.

• Like 3

The Current Release and Release in RHS Currently Do not support ace fries. BUT  this is planed for the next Release AFAIK.

Thats great to hear Jones, Hopefully that is the case the MELB is such a mainstay in our group that if we didn't have it we would all just walk to the AO

• Like 1

Outstanding.

In the new 1.60 update it seems to have broken the laser designator/lock on ability in the H variant with the hellfire. When you laser a spot it doesnt put a target out there, and there is nothing to lock on to. Any idea why this is happening and can it be fixed?

Thank you!

One thing I noticed after 1.60 is that you can't move the camera when you are pilot like you can on an A-10 for example. Would be nice if that camera would function like a targeting pod (without locking abilities) completely.

One thing I noticed after 1.60 is that you can't move the camera when you are pilot like you can on an A-10 for example. Would be nice if that camera would function like a targeting pod (without locking abilities) completely.

How did you get it to move in the pilot seat previously? I couldn't get the camera pod to move while pilot on the MELB even before 1.60.

How did you get it to move in the pilot seat previously? I couldn't get the camera pod to move while pilot on the MELB even before 1.60.

I never said I did. Simply pointing out that it's definitely possible since vanilla assets do it.

I never said I did. Simply pointing out that it's definitely possible since vanilla assets do it.

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I misread. I was hoping, I had missed something somewhere out of ignorance. Thank you for the quick response. 

In the new 1.60 update it seems to have broken the laser designator/lock on ability in the H variant with the hellfire. When you laser a spot it doesnt put a target out there, and there is nothing to lock on to. Any idea why this is happening and can it be fixed?

Thank you!

Can confirm, it's broken right now.

• Like 1

Much love to the Devs for this mod! Absolutely love it! 

I have one question though, is it just me or the monitors don't function at the moment?

PS. I have PIP all the way up.

Works fine here :) Sometimes the CoPilot has to cycle through the modes again to show the propper one, but other than that its perfect :)