diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

0.0 you editing our code jeez guys  you could make a compatibility mod Eg Create your own Aircraft from not just edit ours XD 

When ace Fast roping gets a bit more Together im sure we will add it to our stuff. But your best bet is to ask Ace devs on there code :)

0.0 you editing our code jeez guys  you could make a compatibility mod Eg Create your own Aircraft from not just edit ours XD 

When ace Fast roping gets a bit more Together im sure we will add it to our stuff. But your best bet is to ask Ace devs on there code :)

Sure, no offense here, just testing on my own ! ;)

Sure, no offense here, just testing on my own ! ;)

Best way to do it is to make a replacement config, i.e a completely new addon that inherits from the MELB or uses the same classnames to add code to it. That way you don't need to open the actual MELB .PBOs and infringe on the license. That's usually okay with most mod makers, unsure how the MELB developers feel about it though.

• Like 1

Why would you do that? There's no need to replace the whole config. Nevermind, I think I misunderstood you.

You can simply add stuff to an existing config. For example, I used the following for testing fastroping with the MELBs:

class CfgPatches {
};

class CfgVehicles {
    class MELB_base;
    class MELB_MH6M: MELB_base {
        ace_fastroping_enabled = 1;
        ace_fastroping_ropeOrigins[] = {{1.17, 0.06, 0.98}, {-1.17, 0.06, 0.98}};
    };
};

This works perfectly fine as you can see here:

5kj3YZO.jpg

• Like 2

Why would you do that? There's no need to replace the whole config. Nevermind, I think I misunderstood you.

You can simply add stuff to an existing config. For example, I used the following for testing fastroping with the MELBs:

class CfgPatches {
};
I
class CfgVehicles {
    class MELB_base;
    };
};

5kj3YZO.jpg

It's great to see it's functional, we have plans to look into it this weekend. We'll let everyone know what we decide.

• Like 6

It's great to see it's functional, we have plans to look into it this weekend. We'll let everyone know what we decide.

Awesome that your looking into it diesel, The MELB is the only helo my group uses. It would be nice to see this functionality come to it, so interested to hear what your teams conclusion is. Either way still loving the MELB. It is a complete joy to just fly around on an empty map after a long hellish day at work. Its almost meditative. So thanks !

• Like 1

So I got a question. I was playing with my group today. And I could not lock the Hellfire or the DAR's onto tanks and what not like I could in the AH-64 (RHS). Like I could only manually lock onto my laser. I don't know if this is common or isolated to our mission.

So I got a question. I was playing with my group today. And I could not lock the Hellfire or the DAR's onto tanks and what not like I could in the AH-64 (RHS). Like I could only manually lock onto my laser. I don't know if this is common or isolated to our mission.

The AGM-114K is laser guided and since the AH-6M doesnt carry a radar, it's the only way to guide them. Same applies to the DAGR (Laserguided as well)

• Like 1

The AGM-114K is laser guided and since the AH-6M doesnt carry a radar, it's the only way to guide them. Same applies to the DAGR (Laserguided as well)

But I mean, I could not guide it like a TOW missle. It was lock onto a point and shoot.

But I mean, I could not guide it like a TOW missle. It was lock onto a point and shoot.

If you lock the missile onto the laser spot, you can move the laser and the missile will follow.

This might be more of an engine issue, but would it be possible for the ai to disembark simultaneously? Currently, they disembark sequentially, which makes no sense.

I cant remember the commamd bit you have to script it your self. Try the Action command. It has nothing to do with this Mod

I cant remember the commamd bit you have to script it your self. Try the Action command. It has nothing to do with this Mod

Yeah, I figured it was probably engine related. Might have to bug BI about it then.

This might be more of an engine issue, but would it be possible for the ai to disembark simultaneously? Currently, they disembark sequentially, which makes no sense.

Are we talking AIs in player group? Regardless I believe that "EJECT" makes them eject immediately. It's an action.

This mod is an absolute delight, thank you for making and sharing it.

I do hope you won't be tempted to burden it with dependencies or heavy scripting.

• Like 1

class CfgPatches {
};

class CfgVehicles {
    class MELB_base;
    };
};

5kj3YZO.jpg

How would one go about doing this please?

• Like 1

This mod is an absolute delight, thank you for making and sharing it.

I do hope you won't be tempted to burden it with dependencies or heavy scripting.

Dont Worry This is something We have Had Many discussion on this and we want to keep the melb as free from that as posible 

Hi. I understand if you don't want to open source the MELB at this time, but may I come with a suggestion?

Create a public GitHub project and use it only for documentation, released binaries and issue-tracking. The current google-docs way of reporting issues isn't very convenient and Armaholic downloads are fragile at best.

Thanks again for giving us the best helicopter in Arma.

Are we talking AIs in player group? Regardless I believe that "EJECT" makes them eject immediately. It's an action.

Both player group and non player groups. Basically the action initiated by using the 'transport unload' waypoint. It can be used using an eject trigger, but it's rather clunky. Anyway, it's not really linked to the MELB addon itself.

Hello ,

can someone help me ? 

I tried to lock a target with "T" or "R" but its not working I cant lock any targets.... the rocket like hellfire only flys straight.

Im using the ACE Mod but even without its not working.... 

I used the AH-6 H with Hellfires.

Greetings MrFies

Hello ,

can someone help me ? 

I tried to lock a target with "T" or "R" but its not working I cant lock any targets.... the rocket like hellfire only flys straight.

Im using the ACE Mod but even without its not working.... 

I used the AH-6 H with Hellfires.

Greetings MrFies

Did you enable the Laser before trying to lockon? It should lock onto your laser and than track it more or less reliably.

A small request: The getin distance is a bit low IMHO, so sometimes rooftop or water extractions are a bit a hassle. I think the vanilla MH-9 has a getin range of 2.5m were the MH-6M has 1 - 1.5m. Would it be possible to have it a bit increased just to  compensate a bit for the wierd thing called UserAction Menu ;-).

Best regards

• Like 1

Awesome video, what model has the little bobble head in the console ?, I love the attention to detail!!

Road Runner that is part of the MELB easter egg :)  I think you are activating it with Coalition Lights on/off if I recall  correctly

• Like 1

You activate it through an invisible action menu item, somewhere in the middle

• Like 1