diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

Right... In a LB you can be lucky if you even have a missile warning system ;) Only to make sure you're f***ed ^^

For anyone who may know... is there an option for the FLIR to display the cardinal direction cross, or is that just a TADS/FLIR mod that I see some of the guys from using only with the MELB?

Single ship multiplayer seems so much easier to keep oriented if you are the gunner with this little addition.

For anyone who may know... is there an option for the FLIR to display the cardinal direction cross, or is that just a TADS/FLIR mod that I see some of the guys from using only with the MELB?

Single ship multiplayer seems so much easier to keep oriented if you are the gunner with this little addition.

Is the direction cross you are referring to in dyslexis videos if so this is a in house ST mod non public I believe. As for single ship this is definitely orientated towards duel flight alone having someone to help you navigate/spot its a real bonus and the list goes on. I understand not everyone can get a co pilot but it is such a integral part of flight for my self and ALOT of the melb team, I know my self and syko have had hours of fun teaming up for flight like this but I'm sure it is something we can look at.

Is the direction cross you are referring to in dyslexis videos if so this is a in house ST mod non public I believe. As for single ship this is definitely orientated towards duel flight alone having someone to help you navigate/spot its a real bonus and the list goes on. I understand not everyone can get a co pilot but it is such a integral part of flight for my self and ALOT of the melb team, I know my self and syko have had hours of fun teaming up for flight like this but I'm sure it is something we can look at

Thanks for the reply! As far as the co-piloting goes...we do try, but the pilot and the gunner usually end up looking at two different things most of the time. I agree that the model is setup for 2 players, and it shouldn't change...makes it more fun to work through all the issues...and laugh at each other. I'm kinda bummed that the TADS mod isn't public, but I can be patient...maybe someday they'll open it up.

Thanks to you and the rest of team for putting this mod together in the first place. I'll echo the many others in saying it is my favorite to fly. Having spent a bit of time on the real platforms (MH side), with every shred of muscle in my legs squeezing that bench, you have definitely nailed the feel. With a good pilot, the game is almost as fun as the real deal. Please keep at it...I cant wait to see what you guys put together.

• Like 2

Great job!

I do have a question, can you replace the grease pen for a dot, as I find the grease pen very difficult to see and calculate targets with. 

Thanks!

As of right now this is still a work in progress, we will take your feedback and keep at it until we find the best solution which fits most of the player who use the mod.

I noticed that in the most recent update to the mod that all of the MELBs lost their radar. Was this intentional?

Yes, as far as we know, the real helicopter does not have one. It also increases the difficulty of flying and using the platform effectively.

I don't see how a LB IRL has a ground radar. 

If it is there, it's because we have some evidence to support it, but if you have some information on it please share! We would like to get this mod as close to the real life version as possible.

• Like 4

Yes, as far as we know, the real helicopter does not have one. It also increases the difficulty of flying and using the platform effectively.

I've got no issue with this. I just didn't see it in any of the update notes. (Or if they were, I was just being blind).

Thank you for creating this mod.  Fun to fly, (especially with Track IR5) encourages coop play with pilot, co-pilot and crews to work together.  Good texture detailing and works well with ACE3 mod. 

• Like 3

Well, after I watched this YT film, I know that you made excellent job with your 6-PAX and 6-GUNS. This are tools that we want making our job in our 7WEDS. We wait for any upgrade with impatience. Thanks!

• Like 4

Thanks for the compliment.

I really enjoyed that video :D

P.S.: Thanks also to everyone who upvoted that copilot issue. It's been fixed in the dev-branch and should be fixed in the next main branch A3 update.

• Like 6

This error is written in the RPT on a destroyed MELB:

bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/MELB_Copilot.interpolateTo: Bad move KIA_chopperLight_R_03_H

Thanks for the great mod!

OK, gentleman. I've finallly found some time to fly this beauty after a long brake. 

I had a blast!!!!

Now my feedback regarding FM:

I find left yaw tendency on hover not accented enough. I couldn't find an onboard video of Little Bird showing a anti-torque input when hovering, but I found MD 500's one, here it is 

I tried to make a screenshot of me hovering on and off the ground effect, but I somehow couldn't get any screenshots (yeah, I'm noob). Anyways- you can check it for yourself- it is nowhere near what we can see in the video above. Actually, the yaw itself is not that strong during hover even when anti-torque pedals are neutral. I would be gratefull if you guys could increase yaw a bit. As for transitional lift- as I understand it is not modeled by AFM, so I won't go into that.

Otherwise it is really, really, really nice. Never expected Arma 3 to give me so much fun, but you guys nailed it with MELB. 

Thanks, great job! :wub:

EDIT:

Found it:

helicopter_hover.jpg

Roll tendency could be pronounced a bit more too ;)

• Like 1

If you make a UAV/UBL version of it ,a Tablet mod to simplify settings like height,some sort of collision-avoidence system when we fly the " radio-controlled" version would come in-handy.Working hoist may be a must. 

Some sort of an instrument,to find /see things throug a helmet-cam ,moveable with Track-IR from inside cockpit.

Hey Diesel5187 & sykoCrazy, 

Thanks again for such good work and continuous development of this addon - it is a core addon for our gaming group. 

I thought I'd share a link to a video I recently made highlighting some of the glorious near-death encounters our group had in this Helo recently, all in just one mission! As well, the video shows off some of your nice work on the damage model and damage sounds for the MELB. 

https://youtu.be/_CXciK3Nu_g

Once again, thanks for the great work. 

Theopolus AKA JESTER at Battleboys ArmA

C347B7D7B8613C311D7F840CA2B45F9BB2E0A5CF

Who knew Little Birds could go Air to Air?  

• Like 1

I've battled and taken down Hinds with the MELB before ... it's a crazy fun airframe  :D

Best part is I didn't have to fire a shot.  The ground did all the work for me.  XD

I've battled and taken down Hinds with the MELB before ... it's a crazy fun airframe  :D

I believe you, I've seen you fly.

Best part is I didn't have to fire a shot. The ground did all the work for me. XD

I think you should say arma did all the work for you.  :happy:

Who knew Little Birds could go Air to Air?  

Is that a c130 wreck  :huh:

Is that a c130 wreck  :huh:

Nah, A-143 that was getting cheeky.

• Like 1

Nah, A-143 that was getting cheeky.

Thats even more impressive 

I was just about to post a screenshot of me shooting down an SU25 with the littlebird but I guess someone's already beaten me to it.. :/ 

http://imgur.com/a/0EIGm

Unfortunately I wasn't recording at the time or even half expecting to hit it so you can only see it burning towards the ground (btw those 70mm rockets are one-hit kill machines!)

• Like 1