diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

Oh shit, ace 3 released fast roping? When?

It's not released yet, only a pull request.

This is great. It's like a new game for us helifreaks.  :wub:

Spammed the feedback form with bugs and suggestions.  :ph34r:

By the way - someone said that this MELB was too agile. It's actually more agile in real life.

An example of how agile an helicopter could be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ZUXNeBoHo (an BO-105 in this case. warning: cheesy ambient music)

Does the FLIR screen still have a WHOT mode?  If so how do we activate it?

Hey guys can anyone let me know if MELB has been updated to suit the Nexus update? I've been going through out modset temp moving all mods that haven't been updated since the Nexus update as they cause more problems than they are worth.

I can't off the top of my head remember if MELB has been updated. Cheers.

what's a problem with after update?
we are using on  dedi server, but not have a bug.

Hey guys can anyone let me know if MELB has been updated to suit the Nexus update? I've been going through out modset temp moving all mods that haven't been updated since the Nexus update as they cause more problems than they are worth.

The problem is only with protective clothing (uniforms, vests) which don't use custom models and have not been updated with Nexus hitpoints.

MELB received two updates since the 1.54 patch and we've been using it in several operations so far post-nexus. We didn't run into any issues at all, the mod performs great and is a blast.

Some unknown animation sources RPT warnings found:

MELB_AH6M_H: GAU_R_Revolving - unknown animation source GAU_R_Revolving
MELB_AH6M_H: Gun_R_Flash - unknown animation source GAU_R_Flash
MELB_AH6M_H: hideRC7 - unknown animation source M260_revolving
MELB_AH6M_H: hideRD19 - unknown animation source M261_revolving
MELB_AH6M_M: GAU_R_Revolving - unknown animation source GAU_R_Revolving
MELB_AH6M_M: Gun_R_Flash - unknown animation source GAU_R_Flash
MELB_AH6M_M: hideRC7 - unknown animation source M260_revolving

jones140 said he'd work on compatibility if it was well executed. So, maybe?

There's only two lines in the config you'd have to add to make it compatible ;)

YQcgfb9.jpg

But as jonpas already said, it's neither finished nor integrated into ACE3 yet. It works perfectly fine in singleplayer for now, but still has issues in multiplayer (I've done some first multiplayer tests today). Those should all be fixable though.

• Like 6

Funny those ropes make look MELB look better XD

Anyone know if anyone has made another rope for A3 eg thicker even can it be done?

Funny those ropes make look MELB look better XD

Anyone know if anyone has made another rope for A3 eg thicker even can it be done?

AFAIK not possible to add new ropes.

As long as ropes are only this thin, I prefer static ones TBH.

Love the MELB. Flying it almost every day in AFM.

When I fly the AH-6 variant I wish sometimes for a tiny bit more power :-).

Also I experience a tendency for pitch up, because I often find myself in the situation that I have to lower the collective to be able to pitch down again.

Not sure, maybe this is something real helicopters have also. But maybe the balance is a tiny bit of?

Thanks

Btw, when do we get the 2x hellfire rack which is shown in Jonas signature? ;-)

AFAIK not possible to add new ropes.

As long as ropes are only this thin, I prefer static ones TBH.

Love the MELB. Flying it almost every day in AFM.

When I fly the AH-6 variant I wish sometimes for a tiny bit more power :-).

Also I experience a tendency for pitch up, because I often find myself in the situation that I have to lower the collective to be able to pitch down again.

Not sure, maybe this is something real helicopters have also. But maybe the balance is a tiny bit of?

Thanks

Btw, when do we get the 2x hellfire rack which is shown in Jonas signature? ;-)

When does it pitch up? At top speed? Then yes, this happens in real helicopters, it's due to dysymetry of lift between the advancing and retreating blades and gyroscopic precession.

• Like 2

When does it pitch up? At top speed? Then yes, this happens in real helicopters, it's due to dysymetry of lift between the advancing and retreating blades and gyroscopic precession.

I know some of those words.

• Like 1

At arround 160-170 kmh. Basicly I tried to pitch down to gain more speed to catch a MELB on standard flight model.

So I had to drop the collective, pitch down and then gently lifting up the collective again.

If thats authentic, great :) Happy to adapt.

Interesting words. Gives me something to google for :).

Thanks

I have a suggestion for the MELB team... that is, implement a Littlebird wreck model we can use in the editor. Using the Blackfoot wreck just gets a bit tedious... so please, please, please? Usable wreck models are really lacking in A3. There are untold Littlebird Down scenarios to be created! At least, consider it. IMHO would be cooler than an UAV Littlebird.

• Like 1

Dang!  Looks like you paid attention to the platform instructor.  I slept through most of that and just attributed the flying thingy to PFM. ;)

Dang!  Looks like you paid attention to the platform instructor.  I slept through most of that and just attributed the flying thingy to PFM. ;)

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said, pure fucking magic. LMAO

We all at some point sleep through them, if not you're not trying hard enough.

I have a suggestion for the MELB team... that is, implement a Littlebird wreck model we can use in the editor. Using the Blackfoot wreck just gets a bit tedious... so please, please, please? Usable wreck models are really lacking in A3. There are untold Littlebird Down scenarios to be created! At least, consider it. IMHO would be cooler than an UAV Littlebird.

could be something worth looking into i belive we need to do some more work on the current wreck model befor a editor placed version would look good enough to be worth it but i will put it on list :)

also i loved using the  Boeing/SOAR MH-47E by konyo  wreck in that was great for mission makeing and just random things so this could add a bit for us

• Like 2

could be something worth looking into i belive we need to do some more work on the current wreck model befor a editor placed version would look good enough to be worth it but i will put it on list :)

also i loved using the  Boeing/SOAR MH-47E by konyo  wreck in that was great for mission makeing and just random things so this could add a bit for us

Awesome to hear, hope to see an editor wreck model at some point :) Keep up the good work! Littlebird Down FTW!

I noticed that in the most recent update to the mod that all of the MELBs lost their radar. Was this intentional?

Great job!

I do have a question, can you replace the grease pen for a dot, as I find the grease pen very difficult to see and calculate targets with. 

Thanks!

I noticed that in the most recent update to the mod that all of the MELBs lost their radar. Was this intentional?

I don't see how a LB IRL has a ground radar.